New to Seabourn - questions.

Stu UK

We are new to Seabourn having sailed for many years on Celebrity and Cunard. A few of questions for when we sail on Quest in April. 

1) Do we pick items for mini bar prior to boarding. Can’t find an area with choices on the website / Source. Guessing we just arrange once boarded?

2) We like to use the thermal spa areas on ships. I can see a daily pass at $49 to book online. Is there a whole cruise pass / couples pass to purchase once onboard - if so does anyone know the cost for a 10 day cruise?

3) We have booked Solis for one evening. As the cruise is longer than one week will we be able to reserve a second night there once onboard?

4). Apart from excursions is there anything else we needs to reserve in advance?  

Really looking forward to our first experience so any tips are appreciated. 

• Like 1

Question 1. You can choose once on board just ask your Steward or Stewardess.

Just choose what you drink, either spirits for wine.

Question 2. If you just like a sauna then there is no need to purchase the spa pass, they have a sauna in the Ladies and Gents changing rooms for free.

Edited by LEESRE
  • Like 1

Regarding Solis reservations…I have 2 14 day cruises later this year.  I was able to book 2 reservation on each cruise, one within the first seven days, one within the later 7 days

nancy

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LEESRE said:

Question 2. If you just like a sauna then there is no need to purchase the spa pass, they have a sauna in the Ladies and Gents changing rooms for free.

Unfortunately there is no comparison between the free sauna in the changing room and the wet and dry saunas in the paid spa area 😀

Welcome to Seabourn Stu, hope your first experience is a great one.  

The website has been messed up (for a while) on being able to enter your cabin bar preferences.  As others have said, when you meet your cabin attendants they can take care of it.  Any of the included wines or spirits offered in the bars can be stocked for your cabin.  

In terms of the "Serene Area" thermal spa they have sold a full cruise pass before; not sure of the pricing but was a good discount below the standard price.  

Only tip I can think of is if you play trivia it's worth getting to The Club a bit early on the first day to join a team; a lot of people play and Seabourn runs it well.  Also, you can ask for the included wine list at Seabourn Square or from the sommelier; worth getting a printout so you can have a better sense of what is on offer.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Stu UK said:

1) Do we pick items for mini bar prior to boarding.

One thing to clarify:  There is no "mini bar" on Seabourn, at least not like in hotel rooms with a variety of mini bottles.  You can request 2 full sized bottles of alcohol initially, which can be replenished (with same or something else) upon request.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stu UK said:

Really looking forward to our first experience so any tips are appreciated. 

A few other points that you may have read elsewhere already, but worth pointing out:

- you can order ahead with The Restaurant with 24 hour notice special dishes (off-menu), or special meal (Indian, Italian, etc).  For longer voyages it’s a nice option for a special dinner.  We’ve done things like a soft shell crab salad entree for lunch, or a Pom Moscovitz (sp?) caviar appetizer, as pictured below.  

- speaking of caviar, it’s available 24/7 delivered anywhere on the ship.  Nice pre-dinner treat with cocktails!

- if you enjoy the experience, the Future Cruise desk sells open future cruise deposits for $500pp (not sure in pounds) and it gives a 5% discount on whatever cruise you end up booking and is good for 4 years.  A nice deal compared to what I’ve seen on other cruise lines.  

- if you want something don’t be shy asking for it; they really try to make the answer yes.  

38E935E5-C1C2-4D76-897F-9DE28FCD97AC.thumb.jpeg.4d11c82706888262d88e36d27489c16e.jpeg

Edited by johng75370
  • Like 4

On 2/8/2024 at 8:40 PM, johng75370 said:

A few other points that you may have read elsewhere already, but worth pointing out:

- you can order ahead with The Restaurant with 24 hour notice special dishes (off-menu), or special meal (Indian, Italian, etc).  For longer voyages it’s a nice option for a special dinner.  We’ve done things like a soft shell crab salad entree for lunch, or a Pom Moscovitz (sp?) caviar appetizer, as pictured below.  

- speaking of caviar, it’s available 24/7 delivered anywhere on the ship.  Nice pre-dinner treat with cocktails!

- if you enjoy the experience, the Future Cruise desk sells open future cruise deposits for $500pp (not sure in pounds) and it gives a 5% discount on whatever cruise you end up booking and is good for 4 years.  A nice deal compared to what I’ve seen on other cruise lines.  

- if you want something don’t be shy asking for it; they really try to make the answer yes.  

38E935E5-C1C2-4D76-897F-9DE28FCD97AC.thumb.jpeg.4d11c82706888262d88e36d27489c16e.jpeg

Do you order ahead of time off menu even when the MDR is closed for lunch?  In other words, if planning ot diner in the Colonnade for lunch, can you order off menu ahead of time?

17 minutes ago, SLSD said:

in the Colonnade for lunch, can you order off menu ahead of time?

I've only done it for lunch in The Restaurant (MDR), by asking the day before.  Not sure if the Colonnade accommodates special requests.  Another reason I (like you) am a fan of lunch in The Restaurant and wish it was open all days and not just sea days.  

Edited by johng75370

4 minutes ago, johng75370 said:

I've only done it for lunch in The Restaurant (MDR), by asking the day before.  Not sure if the Colonnade accommodates special requests.  Another reason I (like you) am a fan of lunch in The Restaurant and wish it was open all days and not just sea days.  

OK.  I thought that would be your answer.  We DO prefer lunch in the MDR.  And the menu to order in the Colonnade for lunch is very short.  When we are on Sojourn for 28 days next summer,  I WILL ask.  

• Like 1

We have often ordered a special lunch in the MDR 24 hours in advance when it’s open.  We have had a lunches of mussels in white wine, dover sole, just to name two.  They are very accommodating if they have the ingredients.

• Thanks 1

Regarding reservations for Solis, the policy is apparently the same as it was for the TK Grill.  Once aboard, you can talk to any of the dining folks (found at the entrance to the Restaurant or Colonnade) or you can speak directly to the host/hostess of Solis (when it is open) about getting additional reservations.  They will give you additional reservations if they have any available slots.  It is helpful to be flexible with your dining time.  Obviously, it is easier to get more reservations on the longer voyages.

Hank

• Thanks 1

On 2/8/2024 at 10:25 AM, LEESRE said:

Regarding number 1: Yes, you can ask your steward once on board.  But on check in day the stewards are busy and have many duties to perform.  That is why Seabourn provides a very simple checklist on the website where you have to register before your cruise.  You can tell them what kind of liquor, wine, soft drinks whatever you prefer and it will be stocked before you arrival.  Do the crew and fellow passengers a favor and use this simple option

• Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 8:36 AM, johng75370 said:

Also, you can ask for the included wine list at Seabourn Square or from the sommelier; wo

Thanks johng75370

We are also new to Seabourn, and appreciate the tips

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JPH814 said:

That is why Seabourn provides a very simple checklist on the website where you have to register before your cruise.  You can tell them what kind of liquor, wine, soft drinks whatever you prefer

...but good luck finding the place to do so on the website

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

If you don't manage to find the preference page, I find the easiest thing to do is write down what you would like and hand to your steward/ess when they come to introduce themselves it will all be there later that day.

Edited by Techno123
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, JPH814 said:

Regarding number 1: Yes, you can ask your steward once on board.  But on check in day the stewards are busy and have many duties to perform.  That is why Seabourn provides a very simple checklist on the website where you have to register before your cruise.  You can tell them what kind of liquor, wine, soft drinks whatever you prefer and it will be stocked before you arrival.  Do the crew and fellow passengers a favor and use this simple option

As with others I could never find this on the website when I took a cruise on the Venture last month.  My steward asked us what libations we wanted stocked during his first contact.  I asked for Jameson and felt a little guilty when he provided a 750 liter bottle. I just wanted a few drinks and there was no way I was going to drink anywhere near that much in 12 days.  I probably should have just ordered from one of the bars when I wanted a drink.

1 hour ago, Woodrowst said:

I asked for Jameson and felt a little guilty when he provided a 750 liter bottle. I just wanted a few drinks and there was no way I was going to drink anywhere near that much in 12 days. 

Crikey, I hope not 😜😜😜. You could have done a Cleopatra and taken a bath in it 😁

• Haha 2