First World "problem" (beverage package avoiding)

3 hours ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Once we get on board Voyager I will be cancelling daughter's soda package and telling them why.   No Freestyle.    

I don't think that will hurt their feelings at all. They probably make more money selling individual drinks.

On 2/8/2024 at 2:06 PM, smokeybandit said:

I know it started when there were so many covid concerns onboard, but having to use a clean cup to refill your own water bottle is amusing to me. At least as a health concern.

It existed well before COVID.

Any why it is amusing?  Would you drink from a cup or glass that was used by a stranger????

8 hours ago, sadiwest said:

Yeah I probably don't care enough to go back to the car. Even in Bayonne where it's not enormous it's not worth it. Id give it to someone else before doing that. 

Here's an idea as a back up plan in the event they do not allow you to bring on the max for both cruises.    Put a luggage tag for your 2nd sailing on one set and if security does not allow you to bring thru as a carry on ask for it to be delivered to your cabin for that sailing.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I don't think that will hurt their feelings at all. They probably make more money selling individual drinks.

At least for her, she probably won't spend any money on drinks without the freestyle.   She likes a few non-bubbly options on the freestyle, but isn't a fan of sodas.    We invited a friend of hers on the cruise, and the friend likes sodas so I got the friend the soda package.  Then I got daughter the same so that she wouldn't feel deprived and she could get her non-bubbly options.  

On 2/8/2024 at 9:09 AM, sadiwest said:

We're scheduled for a b2b in June on Liberty.   We usually buy the refreshment package but because LOS doesn't have the machines (why can't I think of the name ??) I hesitate to buy them. Most of what I drink is water or non carbonated, and caffeine free, but without the machines I'm certain the options will be limited.  

So I bought the coffee card (caffeine in the moring!) and now am figuring the rest.  

I tried Cirkul but the flavors dont last long enough for me.   I do have maybe 5 I'll bring so i have it...but how many bottles of water can dh and i bring and how can you bring water onboard for both cruises of a b2b ?

I also figure ill have a water "bottle" so I can bring flavoring and use cups of water to refill. I know they don't want you using a machine (like juice machine) to refill bottles.

Any other creative ways to stay hydrated without breaking the bank (or rules)?

Just an aside, you really don't need to post this as a first world problem as if you are ashamed to ask the question.  And I do mean this in a kind way.  It's a legitimate question if cruising.

3 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Just an aside, you really don't need to post this as a first world problem as if you are ashamed to ask the question.  And I do mean this in a kind way.  It's a legitimate question if cruising.

I hear you and you're not wrong....sometimes I hear my mother's voice telling me therevare people who have it worse and I have to remind myself that I still have questions and such to resolve. Lol

But you're right.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here's an idea as a back up plan in the event they do not allow you to bring on the max for both cruises.    Put a luggage tag for your 2nd sailing on one set and if security does not allow you to bring thru as a carry on ask for it to be delivered to your cabin for that sailing.    

Good idea. Worst tyey do is say no. 

Currently on Liberty and no Freestyle here.  They do give you the cups with the soda package and fill them at any bar from the gun.  Cans are available but cost extra - more choice than gun.  No freestyle on Coco Cay either.

1 hour ago, sadiwest said:

I hear you and you're not wrong....sometimes I hear my mother's voice telling me therevare people who have it worse and I have to remind myself that I still have questions and such to resolve. Lol

But you're right.  

Ah, the mother voice in our head!!!  I can definitely relate!

• Haha 1

On 2/10/2024 at 8:23 AM, Mum2Mercury said:

I do really like the ship's lemonade, but I asked a WIndjammer staffer to let me see the back of the container he was mixing up, and it's Nestle's brand -- chock full of sugar.  

This is why I dilute it... it's normally way too strong.  I just need a little bit to flavour the water.

• Like 1