Would you cruise on NCL Prima, Again?

NCL Prima Experience  

95 members have voted

1. 1. For those that have been on Norwegian Prima, would you go on that ship again?

• Yes
    • No

We have found a trip we're interested in, on the NCL Prima. In researching the ship, I am seeing those that say the ship is too crowded with its smaller spaces and venues, especially if bad weather. But I see others say its not so bad.

We're going on our 9th cruise in just a few weeks, so we are aware of what to expect on comparably sized ship.

My question is simple for those that have been on the Prima.

Based on your experience, would you take another cruise on that ship? Or would you prefer to cruise on a different ship?

Thank you for your time.

Have a Blessed day.

one and done.

(actually two and done. i did a 21 day B2B.)

it's possible to have a good time on the prima if you manage to escape the chronic problems, such as the demonic staterooms designed to torment and inflict auditory pain. you just can't guarantee being able to avoid that, so it's not worth the risk.

you can live with the limited indoor space, the small venues and the absentee and dispassionate executive leadership team, but if you get one of those staterooms, your holiday is ruined. and if you're very lucky, all you're likely to get is $500 back in compensation from NCL.

i'd sail the aqua, and maybe even the viva, but never again on the prima.

Edited by UKstages
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Definitely would. The food was some of the best I’ve had on a ship. Specialty and MDR, as well as other venues onboard. HOWEVER, I would be choosy about the itinerary and time of year. The ship is definitely better in warm weather. When folks can be outside and inside she handles crowds well. When everyone is crammed inside due to poor weather, it’s not as enjoyable. (My experience only, but had both experiences on my sailing earlier in the year.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

We sailed out of Galveston on Prima last year and had a great time.  When we came home from that cruise we immediately booked another.    Loved our roomy cabin and loved the Deck 8 Oceanfront area.  And, as others have mentioned, the food choices are awesome.

We also love ships like Bliss & Joy.  Is Prima different?  Yes!

I compare it to staying at a quirky boutique hotel.  Totally different kind of ship so hard to compare to others.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

After 9 NCL cruises on a variety of ships, one sail on the Prima and it has become our favorite ship. Love the design, especially the Indulge Food Hall.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We loved it even though it was not a warm weather cruise. I could see how it would have been even better in warmer weather. We found many more positives than negatives.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cost aside -

I voted YES (we were the sister ship  Viva), BUT, we are not "main deck pool" people so that helps.

LOVED - Ocean Boulevard!!, Indulge Food, Locals, and the nicest inside cabin we have ever had.

We had great sunny southern carib weather all seven days (although ship forecast was rain the entire week) and is a great ship for that.

Also, I think we were always the most admired ship in port (a first for us as usually we are the ones always oggling other ships with envy when in port).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

YES!  I sailed the  Prima New York to Iceland.  Very rough seas.  Missed ports. Very cold. The thermal spa was worth the money.  I can sleep thru anything so I rarely heard the noise. There was creaking during the really rough seas. I don't eat at the buffet.  I did walk thru several time and there is not room for everyone at busy times.  I also don't attend entertainment so I wasn't bothered by packed rooms.  

• Thanks 2

It's a loaded question and not an easy straight forward answer. We sailed in September to Iceland. So cold rainy weather for most of the trip. And we booked one of the elusive hot tub Haven cabins, and paid an egregious amount of money for that hot tub. On our trip, we were not allowed to use the hot tub once. 

So we have a very sour taste in our mouth from that trip based on what we paid, what we expected, and what we actually experienced. So on a black and white where I have to make a choice, no, we would not sail on Prima again.

However, if it was a warm weather sailing and I was able to get a Haven cabin for <$500/pp/night, I would consider it. Or a great price on a club balcony or non-Haven suite, I would consider it. But no, I would never intentionally seek out a Prima/Viva cruise unless it was a steal of a price.

The ship was pretty, but just felt poorly executed in a bunch of things. I'm hoping they keep tweeking for Aqua and beyond, but for now we'll stick with the breakaway plus class ships or go where the prices point us for a better value trip.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We just got off the Prima yesterday, our first sailing on her, but our 36th on NCL.  At first I found it very confusing but by day 3 I had the quirky deck plan figured out.  The ship is beautiful, more reminiscent of a high end htel, rather than a cruise ship.  Beautiful glass and pottery art pieces throughout.  

it was warm on our cruise mostly, but embarkation day in Galveston was in the 60s so it drove lots of people indoors as they waited for their cabins to be ready.  It got to be a bit claustrophobic and difficult to find seating.

the staff was lovely and her captain was everywhere and a delightful man, whom the staff clearly adores.  Which is why it is such a happy ship.

food was good overall, and we especially loved Onda and Indulge.

she will be leaving Galveston in ‘25, but we have the Viba booked for a 14 night sailing in January of 26.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2