Premium Drink Package - Do They Ever...

Liao

Allow a reduction if not included?  Specifically, I do not drink alcohol at all.  I'm a recovering alcoholic, happily sober for almost 5 years, YAY me!  Ill be in Retreat upper suite and I do make super duper use of the Al Bacio and Perrier/San Pellegrino part of the package.  I've sailed in Retret twice and never thoguht to ask it because I just accepted it as it is what it is.  Anyway, I have not contacted Celebrity to ask yet but just wondered if anyone has ever heard of them making exceptions?  I do realize it's not like I'd have Dr. note or anything, but it never hurts to ask.

Congratulations on your recovery. Celebrity's fine print and FAQs say that people who are in recovery or have medical reasons for not being able to drink can call to have their premium beverage packages switched to the nonalcoholic package --- which includes the premium water and the drinks at Cafe al Bacio.

No answer specifically .  Just Congratulations on nearly a 5 year Anniversary.  IMO that a is HUGE accomplishment 

A thought. Would your family doctor write a note saying recovering …?    worth a try 

11 minutes ago, Carried_Away said:

Congratulations on your recovery. Celebrity's fine print and FAQs say that people who are in recovery or have medical reasons for not being able to drink can call to have their premium beverage packages switched to the nonalcoholic package --- which includes the premium water and the drinks at Cafe al Bacio.

THANK YOU!  Also thanks for the FAQ information, that is so helpful.  Appreciate your response.  I will definitely call them on Monday.

11 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

No answer specifically .  Just Congratulations on nearly a 5 year Anniversary.  IMO that a is HUGE accomplishment 

A thought. Would your family doctor write a note saying recovering …?    worth a try 

Appreciate your kind words, thank you!  My Dr. would definitely provide anything required in writing.  I will mention that to Celebrity when I call them.

• Like 1

I would be surprised if they offered a discount. My DH doesn’t drink alcohol ( for medical reasons), sodas, or specialty coffees.   We’ve never sought a discount. My thought is you get things free but, if you don’t want them, no discount. 

For example, if you don’t use WiFi,  no discount.  If you don’t use specialty restaurants, no discount. 

If you get a positive response, let us know!

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Wouldnt the Premium package cover everything in the non alcoholic packages ? 

It does but I think the OP is wondering since they won’t consume many things included in the Premium package if they can get a reduction on the cost.  

I doubt it since the Retreat  is a packaged price.  If they were booking a lower level cabin at a cruise only rate then, in their situation, 1 could purchase a alcohol package and the other a zero proof 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jelayne said:

It does but I think the OP is wondering since they won’t consume many things included in the Premium package if they can get a reduction on the cost.  

I doubt it since the Retreat  is a packaged price.  If they were booking a lower level cabin at a cruise only rate then, in their situation, 1 could purchase a alcohol package and the other a zero proof 

Ok , I wasn’t sure  about the OP wanting a price reduction 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jelayne said:

I think the OP is wondering since they won’t consume many things included in the Premium package if they can get a reduction on the cost.  

I thought the OP was asking if the premium package could be downgraded to a nonalcoholic package as a safeguard since they are in recovery — for the same reason someone in recovery might not want alcohol in their room’s minibar. I didn’t read it as asking for a price discount, which I agree is very unlikely. Apologies to the OP if I misunderstood. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Carried_Away said:

I thought the OP was asking if the premium package could be downgraded to a nonalcoholic package as a safeguard since they are in recovery — for the same reason someone in recovery might not want alcohol in their room’s minibar. I didn’t read it as asking for a price discount, which I agree is very unlikely. Apologies to the OP if I misunderstood. 

No apology needed.  I wasn't totally clear.  What t I will ask is if there is way to substitute the premium part that includes alcohol, with something that does not include alcohol, i.e. some version that has all the premium coffees, sparkling waters etc, which I do make great use and frequent use of.  I'm not expect a discount on the cruise at all, was just wondring if they may do something on the alcohol package.  And yes, in addition I will ask that they remove the alcohol from the room mini-bar.  

At then end of the day it's definitely not a deal breaker if they don't do this, I'll understandm but just figured there is no harm in asking.  I'll post an update when I have additional info.  Thank you

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Liao said:

No apology needed.  I wasn't totally clear.  What t I will ask is if there is way to substitute the premium part that includes alcohol, with something that does not include alcohol, i.e. some version that has all the premium coffees, sparkling waters etc, which I do make great use and frequent use of.  I'm not expect a discount on the cruise at all, was just wondring if they may do something on the alcohol package.  And yes, in addition I will ask that they remove the alcohol from the room mini-bar.  

At then end of the day it's definitely not a deal breaker if they don't do this, I'll understandm but just figured there is no harm in asking.  I'll post an update when I have additional info.  Thank you

The non alcoholic package is the same as the premium package except no alcohol 

so you could all the specialty coffees you want , and mock tails you want 

but you could just keep the card you have and not order alcohol, since even with the non alcoholic package you can order alcohol , it just you have pay for it 

14 hours ago, Liao said:

Appreciate your kind words, thank you!  My Dr. would definitely provide anything required in writing.  I will mention that to Celebrity when I call them.

Celebrity will not require anything from your Doctor.   They will be accommodating by just saying either that you don't drink or that you are in Recovery. 

I can't drink and always have a Premium Package as part of Suite Booking as well as a Zenith Perk.   I've never explored the Zero-Proof package but just looking at it I don't see anything on it that you don't already have under the Premium.   The only possible advantage might be that if in recovery you feel that it might be tempting then by all means call and get the Zero Proof. 

Not sure if you have also explored but they also have daily Friends of Bill W meetings.  I've read a couple posts where they said attendance can be only a few to a fairly high number depending on cruise.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Liao said:

Allow a reduction if not included?  Specifically, I do not drink alcohol at all.  I'm a recovering alcoholic, happily sober for almost 5 years, YAY me!  Ill be in Retreat upper suite and I do make super duper use of the Al Bacio and Perrier/San Pellegrino part of the package.  I've sailed in Retret twice and never thoguht to ask it because I just accepted it as it is what it is.  Anyway, I have not contacted Celebrity to ask yet but just wondered if anyone has ever heard of them making exceptions?  I do realize it's not like I'd have Dr. note or anything, but it never hurts to ask.

I'm sorry.  I don't understand wanting a discount on something that is included at no extra charge.

1 hour ago, LMHSRN said:

I'm sorry.  I don't understand wanting a discount on something that is included at no extra charge.

I mean OP is definitely paying for it with their retreat cruise fare no matter how it’s marketed. I doubt a discount would be applied though, never hurts to ask 🤷‍♀️

The OP says in #11 that they are not asking for a discount. They are just asking for the premium beverage package to be replaced with a package that covers premium nonalcoholic drinks but doesn’t include alcohol — which Celebrity’s website says is possible. Avoiding access to alcohol — by, say, not having a beverage package that allows unlimited alcoholic drinks at any bar — is a reasonable step for someone in recovery to take to support their sobriety. 

• Like 2