Haven owner suite worth upgrade?

Scubadoc

We are booked on the Norwegian Pearl in an aft penthouse suite with large balcony category. SM. I see that category H3 the Haven owner suite with large balcony is available. But it is about 40% higher than the price we paid. We love a large deep balcony, and we also love to be aft. My only problem is even the large balcony on the aft suite does not appear to be very deep. Trying to decide if it’s worth the splurge to go to the Haven. Thoughts? 

This is a personal choice.  If you want a private dip pool and courtyard area or think you would enjoy that then go for it.  I like aft balconies too. I personally love non-Haven Jewel class ships simply because they have all the perks minus the courtyard area.  We are not big pool users on a cruise so I hate paying big bucks for something we may not use.  An owners suite sounds great. You get soda and alcohol included but you are paying for that.  Is not Cagneys aft on jewel class ships?  You have one perk is that the breakfast and lunch restaurant is only one flight of stairs down if you stick with the aft suite.

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 1

Having been in an Owner's Suite on the Jewel (same class) and an aft suite on the Pearl, I'd stay in the aft suite.  On those class ships they don't have a full Haven, just a small sitting area with a small pool, but no Haven restaurant or bar.

11 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Is not Cagneys aft on jewel class ships?  You have one perk is that the breakfast and lunch restaurant is only one flight of stairs down if you stick with the aft suite.

Cagney's and Moderno are on deck 13, midship.

On 2/12/2024 at 4:34 PM, Scubadoc said:

We are booked on the Norwegian Pearl in an aft penthouse suite with large balcony category. SM. I see that category H3 the Haven owner suite with large balcony is available. But it is about 40% higher than the price we paid. We love a large deep balcony, and we also love to be aft. My only problem is even the large balcony on the aft suite does not appear to be very deep. Trying to decide if it’s worth the splurge to go to the Haven. Thoughts? 

I wouldn't sail except in the Haven.  However, having sailed in forward facing Owners suites, I wouldn't ever book this category again.  We found the forward facing balcony to be unusable anytime the ship was at sea due to the winds.  We even had the crew twice enter our cabin to tie down the balcony furniture to keep it from blowing overboard.

Now moving up to the H2 suite would be a different story. Massive private balcony with private hot tub...

As to merely moving up to get Haven privileges on the Jewel class --  I actually like the Jewel class Haven, nice to have an "all weather" pool area. But I agree it's not worth paying a whole lot more than a non-Haven suite.  

Stay in the aft suite.

We will do the Haven when it includes the aft corner suites, but if not we use the balcony way too much, and only when the ship is not in port.

The large front balconies are not as usable when the ship is at speed in the evenings, which is mainly when we use it.

We haven't stayed in the OS on Jewel-class ships, but have stayed in the DOS on the Jewel (as a major splurge). That cabin is amazing - the views and the balcony are like nothing else I've experienced on a cruise ship.

• Like 1