Book onboard, change cabins, loose $150?

LB_NJ

I booked a future cruise onboard and got the $150 on board credit.

If I decide to upgrade my cabin on the cruise I booked (same ship, same date) do I loose the $150 OBC?

Upgrading your cabin should not trigger a loss of your deposit or $100 pp change fee.   As long as you are upgrading to a cabin at least $1 more than your existing cabin.

It is possible that you will loose a OBC if the current promotion is different than when you booked.

15 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

If I decide to upgrade my cabin on the cruise I booked (same ship, same date) do I loose the $150 OBC?

In the situation you described, you should not lose your booking-on-board OBC.

3 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

This is “not" the same thing that you are thinking about doing, but I was told that if the price dropped, I could get the new price.  Well, it dropped while I was onboard, but I was not allowed to get the reduction.  I am sharing this example for you to make sure that what you are being told is actually correct.  Get it in writing first!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

I did not lose the $150 OBC.  I even kept it when I changed dates.  However, I had a refundable rate.  

8 hours ago, Lastdance said:

This is “not" the same thing that you are thinking about doing, but I was told that if the price dropped, I could get the new price.  Well, it dropped while I was onboard, but I was not allowed to get the reduction.  I am sharing this example for you to make sure that what you are being told is actually correct.  Get it in writing first!

We booked a cruise last November while on the Edge.  Two days later I realized that I forgot to have the military discount applied.  When back to the Future Cruise Manager who did the original booking to see if she could add the Military discount.  She pulled up the booking and when applying the military discount noticed the price had dropped by $100 pp, so we got the military discount, and the lower price and there was no change to the OBC.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jelayne said:

We booked a cruise last November while on the Edge.  Two days later I realized that I forgot to have the military discount applied.  When back to the Future Cruise Manager who did the original booking to see if she could add the Military discount.  She pulled up the booking and when applying the military discount noticed the price had dropped by $100 pp, so we got the military discount, and the lower price and there was no change to the OBC.

You can always get the military discount because it doesn’t interfere with anything else.  That’s what I was told, but of course, now I take everything with a grain of salt.  It is sometimes so hard to remember everything when making a booking, especially onboard.  The military discount seems to be a staple.  I remember adding the shareholder’s credit and my cruise had added discounts that were significant.  This happened several times.  My TA was very surprised, as one was over 2,000.  I do not remember anyone discussing this on Cruise Critic, but do remember my surprise when it happened the second and third times.

Edited by Lastdance