Carnival Celebration changes or fleetwide?

Eskylady

We are currently on the Celebration and loving her. She is a beautiful ship with many amenities. Just wondering about a few things. I don't expect the in-room entertainment to be great, after all they aren't making much when we remain in our staterooms.

Am I remembering this correctly? I though that there were always some movies available to watch with others being released after they were shown outside on the big screen. Now they are available, but the most current or popular ones are available, but at a charge of $7.99. Not a huge deal really. I personally love to watch TCM (although for some reason on this cruise the films frequently stop and take several minutes to resume farther in to the movie).

And the cookies.... I miss the cookies in the bowls that you could get at the dessert station. They were melt-in-your-mouth good and now reside only in closed cookies jars just to tease me. It's so sad. Lol. 

Such are my problems. This is a good life I'm living. 🐵

• Haha 1

I am pretty sure the TV-based entertainment selections are the same on every ship - or at least it has been on the ships I have been on recently.

And the last several cruises I have been on had bowls or plates of cookies at the dessert stand.  It seems like the pastry chefs have a little leeway from ship to ship.  For example, on some ships, they still will slice you a piece from a fancy, decorated cake.  On others, they have a decorated round cake for show, but they serve pieces of sheet cake.

On the Sunshine 2 weeks ago they had 2 channels on stateroom TV's with all day movies. No upcharge.

They also had the cookies at the sweet spot whenever it was open. The round cakes were for looking. The sheet cakes were for eating.

FYI, bacon every other day with a server doling it out 2 slices at a time. Also, the "pig patty" at Guy's burgers had 2 slices of bacon broken in half on top of the burger. It's still very good but when Guy's first opened on Carnival there was an actual patty of bacon on it. 

And confirmed, no sauteed mushrooms at Guy's anymore. I asked a server why they were removed. He said too many people were stopping to load up plates full of the shrooms and they couldn't keep up with refilling them. 

2 hours ago, Oletruckdude said:

On the Sunshine 2 weeks ago they had 2 channels on stateroom TV's with all day movies. No upcharge.

They also had the cookies at the sweet spot whenever it was open. The round cakes were for looking. The sheet cakes were for eating.

FYI, bacon every other day with a server doling it out 2 slices at a time. Also, the "pig patty" at Guy's burgers had 2 slices of bacon broken in half on top of the burger. It's still very good but when Guy's first opened on Carnival there was an actual patty of bacon on it. 

And confirmed, no sauteed mushrooms at Guy's anymore. I asked a server why they were removed. He said too many people were stopping to load up plates full of the shrooms and they couldn't keep up with refilling them. 

For a different perspective on things... I was on the Magic in November and the Dream last month and the Guy's on both had bacon patties on their burgers.  And there were sauteed onions available on both at the condiments bar.  I know, onions are cheaper than mushrooms, but still.

And all the servers gave out various amounts of slices of bacon to me at the trough (when offered), always more than two at a time.  And, of course, they always gave me more on the rare occasions when I wanted more.  It must be because I'm a growing boy - out, not up. 🙃

• Like 1