Hi everyone! New to forums and cruising June 23rd Majestic Princess Inside Passage

Bantha09

Hi everyone! 

New to the community so figured I would give a bit of an introduction post. 

For starters we will be sailing on the majestic princess this June out of Seattle with me (34), my wife (34), and son (10) along with my parents and my siblings, including my brother's spouse. First family vacation where everyone will be there since my brother's wedding last year. 

Fun fact: We are going on a cruise because my dad got a brochure in the mail and offered to pay for rooms if we could cover the other stuff, airfare, excursions,etc. 

Another fun fact: the cruise was originally scheduled for summer 2025, but after realizing that this could interfere with some other things it got moved to June of this year. The original schedule and the move to 2024 happened in the course of probably 24 hours, and left basically every head spinning haha

Everyone has been on a cruise at least once except my wife and son, though for most is has been 8 or 9 years since the last one, including myself. 

We are excited and have some excursions planned, including crossing “ride a helicopter” off my wife's bucket list with a helicopter tour of the glaciers for the three of us. 😊 

Still in the “absorbing information” phase. The shear scale of a cruise ship somewhat boggles my mind, even though I have been on one. Most likely going to just get the base beverage package for mockyails and such, but might get a bottle for the room since it looks like a 375ml is $18-$25 and that is enough for me for the cruise 😊

Looking forward to reading and gaining info and meet y’all! 

• Like 1

Welcome to Cruise Critic and Princess.  Your family trip sounds great!  What a fun time!

I would suggest that you check out the Alaska forum on cruise critic.  Loads of info. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/33-alaska/

While researching, ask questions and we’ll try to answer.  

Thread on Majestic:

Edited by PacnGoNow

Buyer Beware:

Princess offers a basic Beverage Package, but they also have the Plus and Premier Beverage package that includes crew appreciation AND wifi.  Do your research.  The basic Beverage Package is not worth it, in my opinion.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/food-and-dining/beverages

Disregard the "total" savings.  It's a lead in.

I can't find a link for "JUST" a beverage package.  I sure hope they got rid of this misdirected addition.  It was for select beverages and nothing else.  At least with Plus or Premier, all you had to do was drink a couple of beverages to break even.  Bottom line:  you are limited to 15 alcoholic drinks in a 24 hour period.  But you can have as many non-alcoholic drinks for "free".

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  Have fun pulling this together in a few months.  Trying to keep everyone on the same page will be like herding cats.

Cr8tiv1 thanks for the insight, and it was the classic soda package we had been looking at. My wife doesn't really drink anymore and I don't much either. With the crew appreciation and classic soda it is still $26 less per person per day when compared to the plus package. 

Some of the perks would be nice, but we also don't know what we are really missing yet since we haven't experienced the more standard level yet 😂

Screenshot_20240215-222337.png

You might be perfectly happy with the beverage (soda/coffee/water) package...

Do take advantage of it, including the specialty coffee beverages.

The one perk for many of the Plus package,  other than an alcoholic drink or two, is the uncharge for the casual dining restaurants.  Highly recommend Alfredo's

Majestic is different than the other similar ships....

The Noodle bar, which most really like, instead of the Pizza Counter on the pool deck.

Look for pizza on the buffet...   and Alfredo's of course.

The Catch by Rudi,  and Harmony, are onboard. 

This cruise does a fjord,  Endicott Arm, and not Glacier Bay...

So, especially with limited Glacier opportunities, I would highly recommend the excursion there, the Endicott Arm Explorer.  IF IT IS NOT BOOKED UP ALREADY.

I hope you have a wonderful family cruise!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!!  This is a fantastic board (of course I'm very partial to it!) and you will meet the greatest people on here who love to help!  

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice wishing! 🙂 Honestly the specialty coffee and the casual would be nice to have, especially because my wife loves mochas and pizza lol. That would mean those would end up bought separately if I didn't do plus......

Dang math 🤣 honestly I the plus may end up worth it, but seeing the big lump sum makes me flinch l. Especially because I lost all the time for saving money when the cruise moved from 2025 to this year.

Thanks for the advice wishing! 🙂 Honestly the specialty coffee and the casual would be nice to have, especially because my wife loves mochas and pizza lol. That would mean those would end up bought separately if I didn't do plus......

Dang math 🤣 honestly I the plus may end up worth it, but seeing the big lump sum makes me flinch l. Especially because I lost all the time for saving money when the cruise moved from 2025 to this year.

Thank you too nasa! I'll have to find my sailing in there 😁

I don’t drink that much but I do like Princess Plus. It includes soda, specialty coffees, juices, small bottles of water, mocktails, Ocean Now food and drink delivery to most places on the ship, Room Service, two casual dining restaurants, gratuities, and wi-fi. I love late night Room Service while watching an on-demand movie. The movies are free of charge. 

The Majestic Princess is a beautiful ship. Enjoy your cruise and spending time with your family! 

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Thanks 1

Thanks mssocalcruiser! Yeah we are going to go plus I think. Once I started doing the a la carte of Alfredo's, a few espresso Martini's for my wife, and a few mochas the savings of not doing it just kind of disappeared 😂

The delivery anywhere and free room service will be nice too 😄