Bottle of Wine Allowed ?

Is a Passenger allowed to bring One bottle of Wine aboard. A Reporter did a review on the ICON, and mentioned

this was allowed . 

The cruise line allows each adult passenger to bring one bottle of wine and permits 12 bottles of nonalcoholic beverages per stateroom. 

4 minutes ago, BridgeMates said:

Hi, can I bring more than 1 bottle of wine onboard with the full understanding that I'll pay a coverage fee for the extras?   and if so, what is the coverage fee?    Thanks so much.

No, one bottle per person, there is no allowance for any more than that

9 hours ago, warb said:

Can the Wine be taken to a Dining Room? Or, only for Cabin Consumption?

8 hours ago, SoloAlaska said:

Cabin consumption but I believe you can pay corkage and consume it in the MDR. Also you can bring a glass of wine from your cabin to the MDR without any issues.

You can drink it anywhere, no problem. Over 400 nights on Royal and have NEVER been charged a corkage fee, and I leave my cabin with a bottle most nights

• Like 1

My husband and I each bring on one bottle of wine! We love doing this, but make sure you carry it on, I just stick them in our backpack! We have heard horror stories of guests packing wine and dropping the suitcase full of wine with the porters and the wine explodes in their suitcase! Also just ask your stateroom attendant for wine glasses and a wine opener. Don't bring your bottle of wine to be opened at any of the restaurants, because I believe it's a $25 corkage fee. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2024 at 2:21 PM, livetravelcruise07 said:

My husband and I each bring on one bottle of wine! We love doing this, but make sure you carry it on, I just stick them in our backpack! We have heard horror stories of guests packing wine and dropping the suitcase full of wine with the porters and the wine explodes in their suitcase! Also just ask your stateroom attendant for wine glasses and a wine opener. Don't bring your bottle of wine to be opened at any of the restaurants, because I believe it's a $25 corkage fee. 

The corkage fee is rarely if ever charged.    Feel free to  bring the bottle anywhere you want.   

M

• Like 1