Hydration a must!

Spyder2up

My better half and myself are planning on bringing our own filtered water bottles on our May 18th cruise on The Beyond…where is the best place on the ship to fill them?  

1 minute ago, Spyder2up said:

My better half and myself are planning on bringing our own filtered water bottles on our May 18th cruise on The Beyond…where is the best place on the ship to fill them?  

The buffet is certainly one area but the fitness center might be a less busy area. There's two sets of water fountains in the fitness center.  

2 minutes ago, Spyder2up said:

Do it in your bathroom.  Use a glass to transfer tap water into your water bottles.

• Like 2

Please do not fill your water bottles from the floor mounted water fountain in the fitness center. It would be likely that you could touch your bottle opening to the fountain surface. The very real health hazard works both ways!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AC Stew said:

Please do not fill your water bottles from the floor mounted water fountain in the fitness center. It would be likely that you could touch your bottle opening to the fountain surface. The very real health hazard works both ways!

Let's put it this way. With a water fountain, what's the difference for the potential of spreading germs when someone puts a water bottle 5 inches away from the water spout vs someone bending down trying to drink from the same water spout and potentially either touching their mouths to the spout and/or having their saliva drip onto the spout?  I much rather someone do the former than the latter. 

Edit: A Quote from an article written during the pandemic about drinking from water fountains:

Filling a water bottle is also better than drinking directly from the fountain, says Angela Rasmussen, a virus researcher at Columbia University. That helps ensure you don’t leave saliva on the fountain, making it safer for others.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1