Transportation from YUL (Montreal Airport)to Downtown Montreal

31 minutes ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Need recommendations for best transportation from the airport to Sheraton Montreal Downtown. Is Uber or Lyft available, better to take the bus??

Uber, Lyft and taxis all service YUL. Bus is cheapest if that is your primary criterion. I'd take Uber.

After claiming your baggage, exit at door 20 or door 28. You'll need to confirm with your driver which one. This webpage's map shows the two Uber pick up locations and the exit doors:

https://www.admtl.com/sites/default/files/2024/MAP-DEPARTS-ARRIVEES.pdf?panel=filters&dcenter=45.454073,-73.748789&dczoom=16&panel=filters&dcenter=45.454073,-73.748789&dczoom=16

Uber's YUL website: https://www.uber.com/global/en/r/airports/yul/

The Uber locations are very clearly marked, as is the Taxi stand and the 747 Bus.

The easiest way to get downtown would be Uber. If for whatever reason that is not working for you, you can easily get a taxi ( the line can be long but it moves fast ) or even get a town car ( there is a counter inside near the taxi area ).

We used the 747 Bus to take us downtown.  Fortunately the bus stop was 1 block from our hotel but I am sure a cab or Uber from the nearest stop shouldn't be very expensive.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I’ll be landing at YUL at 4:10pm from Detroit. I’ve been reading up on taxi vs Uber. From what I’m getting for all the information, it appears that because I’m coming in during rush hour, my best bet would be a taxi due to the dedicated taxi lanes. Would this information be correct? Also, if I were to jump on the 747, how would I know which stop to get off? I’ll be staying at the Fairfield Inn on Rue Berri and I’m having difficulty finding a 747 route map with street names.

5 minutes ago, NayRN said:

I’ll be landing at YUL at 4:10pm from Detroit. I’ve been reading up on taxi vs Uber. From what I’m getting for all the information, it appears that because I’m coming in during rush hour, my best bet would be a taxi due to the dedicated taxi lanes. Would this information be correct? Also, if I were to jump on the 747, how would I know which stop to get off? I’ll be staying at the Fairfield Inn on Rue Berri and I’m having difficulty finding a 747 route map with street names.

You'd get off at Station Berri-UQAM:

https://www.stm.info/en/info/networks/bus/shuttle/line-747-east

22759_11_carte_ang.pdf