Captain Kate?

Cruisegirl6

We met here on our Jan 19 sailing.  It was her second trip of her current contract and she told us that as a captain she works 3 months on and then 3 months off so it looks like you might just miss her.

She sometimes stays on the ship for a few weeks when her contract ends.  We were on the Beyond right after her contract ended and we ran into her in Eden one evening and  her and Bug on the Retreat Sun Deck late another afternoon.   She kept a low profile.  She came into Eden just as a show was starting and most would have never known she was there except there was a medical emergency in Eden and she jumped up to help the guest.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

Does anybody know whether Captain Kate will be on the Beyond April 27th or any idea when her time off is.  I have a few items for Bug to give her and we are booked on April 27th.

It’s our understanding that her existing contract ends April 22/24. That doesn’t necessarily mean she leaves the ship that day, as unforeseen circumstances could arise that might extend the time needed to have her at the helm. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2024 at 11:50 AM, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

Does anybody know whether Captain Kate will be on the Beyond April 27th or any idea when her time off is.  I have a few items for Bug to give her and we are booked on April 27th.

She does a captain log daily on you tube. Day 1 was 19 January 2024. She is on for 90 days, and off for 90 days. Yesterday was day 40

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, traveline said:

She does a captain log daily on you tube. Day 1 was 19 January 2024. She is on for 90 days, and off for 90 days. Yesterday was day 40

NO problem. Cruise critic is wonderful. So much information is shared. May you have a wonderful cruise

1 hour ago, traveline said:

We were on the Jan 19th trip and yes, she was there and working hard but there was a report here that she had started the cruise before us.  

2 hours ago, traveline said:

In the past, there has usually been a delay in her social media posts so I wouldn't assume that January 19 is actually the day she filmed that first video.

26 minutes ago, stevetod said:

Her last cruise is the April 12th sailing which I am lucky enough to be on. Have missed her in the past.

That's great. I will be on April 1, getting off when you get on 12 April