Princess Sapphire questions

mncbabu_yahoo

I have completed all the check in requirements in the princess app in phone for our upcoming cruise to Alaska in May 2024 from Vancouver. I have few questions on check-in and dining reservations. 

1. The app did not mention when to check in. How early or late one can check-in? The departure time of the cruise is 4 pm.

2.Can we just drop the baggage at 9 am and return to Port around 1 pm or 2 pm to complete the embarkation and immigration process?

3. Is the dinner menu same in all 5 dining rooms?

4.  When princess will send baggage tags?

You can show up whenever you like - 10:30 AM is good but you can come later if you like. 1 or 2 is okay but 1 is better than 2 as you definitely want to be onboard well before sail time. We prefer to show up earlier so we can have lunch in the dining room on embarkation day. It's a great way to start the cruise. You can drop the luggage early and come back later. No issue. All main dining rooms will have the same menu. Princess does not send baggage tags. Print them at home from the Cruise Personalizer online. I haven't done so but you may be able to print them from the app as well. It is possible to get them at the port but it's not what I would advise.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, mncbabu_yahoo said:

I have completed all the check in requirements in the princess app in phone for our upcoming cruise to Alaska in May 2024 from Vancouver. I have few questions on check-in and dining reservations. 

1. The app did not mention when to check in. How early or late one can check-in? The departure time of the cruise is 4 pm.

2.Can we just drop the baggage at 9 am and return to Port around 1 pm or 2 pm to complete the embarkation and immigration process?

3. Is the dinner menu same in all 5 dining rooms?

4.  When princess will send baggage tags?

1) there is a check-in window on your Travel Summary, right under the itinerary. Anytime within that window

2) usually, yes, you can drop luggage around 9 or later and return to the port later on to complete check-in and board. 

3) yes, same menu in all 5 dining rooms. Decor is different in each of them, that's the only difference.

4) luggage tags are available to print approximately 75 days prior. 

6 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

1) there is a check-in window on your Travel Summary, right under the itinerary. Anytime within that window

2) usually, yes, you can drop luggage around 9 or later and return to the port later on to complete check-in and board. 

3) yes, same menu in all 5 dining rooms. Decor is different in each of them, that's the only difference.

4) luggage tags are available to print approximately 75 days prior. 

The boarding time window

used to show on the travel summary, just above

the Itinerary.  

But, now I am showing on my future cruises booked:

Quote:

Please refer to your OceanReady® Boarding Pass in the Princess Cruises® App on your mobile device to see what time the check-in window starts and ends.

Unquote

QR/BP doesn’t show up until 11 days before sailing on the App,   They refer to the QR code as your BP.  Changes, changes..