Winemakers Dinner, Special Ship Tour and Other Dinners still available on Princess cruises?

Cruise2End

Wondering if they still have the limited but very special dinners, tours, etc.    It’s been 5 years but you checked and signed up when you boarded the ship. Anyone know if these still exist and what they’re called now??

@Cruise2End

We have done the Winemaker's Dinner at least twice over the past 3 or 4 cruises (2 years).  This was the one that was listed at $40/person.  Supposedly, they have introduced a "super whiz-bang" (my words...) new version of that dinner which I *believe* is called the Caymus Winemakers Dinner.  I'm not too familiar with that many different wines...apparently Caymus is a "premium" wine...and they are charging a premium to serve it in this new version of the dinner.  That's too rich for my blood given I'm just not that big of a wine drinker.

It was pre-pandemic when I did my last ship tour...cannot speak to that since the restart.  Perhaps someone else can jump in on that one.

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Like 1

It was called the Winemaker’s Dinner when I last did it but again that was 5 years ago (pre pandemic). Also have done the Chef’s Table numerous times ( that’s over the top compared to the Winemaker’s) as well as the full tour of the ship.   I’m sure that if they do have them, it would not be cheap but I really enjoyed them.

Edited by Cruise2End
Missed words
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

@Cruise2End

We have done the Winemaker's Dinner at least twice over the past 3 or 4 cruises (2 years).  This was the one that was listed at $40/person.  Supposedly, they have introduced a "super whiz-bang" (my words...) new version of that dinner which I *believe* is called the Caymus Winemakers Dinner.  I'm not too familiar with that many different wines...apparently Caymus is a "premium" wine...and they are charging a premium to serve it in this new version of the dinner.  That's too rich for my blood given I'm just not that big of a wine drinker.

It was pre-pandemic when I did my last ship tour...cannot speak to that since the restart.  Perhaps someone else can jump in on that one.

The Caymus Winemaker's dinner is $140 pp. Caymus makes a notable Cabernet Sauvignon of which you get one glass ($73.00 per bottle at Costco). The other included wines are not highly rated. At $40, the dinner was a good value and very popular, so Princess worked it's magic and raised the price to $140. 🙄

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Teechur said:

The Caymus Winemaker's dinner is $140 pp. Caymus makes a notable Cabernet Sauvignon of which you get one glass ($73.00 per bottle at Costco). The other included wines are not highly rated. At $40, the dinner was a good value and very popular, so Princess worked it's magic and raised the price to $140. 🙄

They have both.  The silverado winemaker’s dinner is now $45.  Make sure you know which one you are making reservations for.

https://www.princess.com/content/dam/princess/corporate/pdfs/restaurants-dining-venues-on-board.pdf.coredownload.inline.pdf

• Like 1

Just now, t&atravel said:

They have both.  The silverado winemaker’s dinner is now $45.  Make sure you know which one you are making reservations for.

https://www.princess.com/content/dam/princess/corporate/pdfs/restaurants-dining-venues-on-board.pdf.coredownload.inline.pdf

Good to know!  I was afraid that they were going to totally replace the $40 offering.

8 hours ago, t&atravel said:

I know that their chart shows both the Silverado & Caymus versions are available however unfortunately posts by recent passengers reported the $45 Silverado version was  not available…only the $140 Caymus Winemakers dinner.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cruise2End said:

Thanks all for the input. I board the Diamond Princess so I’ll check when I board to see what they’re offering.   Glad to know they haven’t shelved everything 😉!

That chart shows both versions of the Winemakers Dinner are only available on Royal-class ships. 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2024 at 2:18 PM, Cruise2End said:

Wondering if they still have the limited but very special dinners, tours, etc.    It’s been 5 years but you checked and signed up when you boarded the ship. Anyone know if these still exist and what they’re called now??

Ship tours were discontinued when covid hit. You could do the kitchen galley tour. As far as special dinners go, yes, they're still offered. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, toofewcruises said:

Ship tours were discontinued when covid hit. You could do the kitchen galley tour. As far as special dinners go, yes, they're still offered. 

We were told on Majestic at Christmas that ship tours had indeed been discontinued across the fleet since COVID.  The only way to get a galley tour was after a cooking show in the Princess Theatre, which included about 300 people.  We decided not to sit through the presentation just to be part of that mass of people shuffling through the galley.  There were no other galley tours offered as far as we know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wonders By Wallis said:

I ate at the Chef's Table Lumiere on the Discovery Princess last month. It included a galley tour for the 12 of us.

Thanks for clarifying.  That would be much more enjoyable that doing with 300 of your closest friends.

13 hours ago, charliedalrymple said:

Thanks for clarifying.  That would be much more enjoyable that doing with 300 of your closest friends.

We did the galley tour as part of the "larger" group.  Very interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes!  And note...there was a rather large percentage of the cooking show audience that elected to not attend the tour afterwards.  You're always going to have people who are just killing time waiting for the next Bingo round! 😄

• Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 2:16 AM, Astro Flyer said:

I know that their chart shows both the Silverado & Caymus versions are available however unfortunately posts by recent passengers reported the $45 Silverado version was  not available…only the $140 Caymus Winemakers dinner.

We asked recently on a couple different Royal Class ships and the only offering was the Caymus version.  

• Thanks 1