Princess Premier dining question

Hi, we have the princess premier option and when we go to book our 2 speciality dining options on the app, it wants to charge my credit card.  Is that normal and will i get a credit or am i doing something wrong??  

Thanks

34 minutes ago, 20165 said:

Hi, we have the princess premier option and when we go to book our 2 speciality dining options on the app, it wants to charge my credit card.  Is that normal and will i get a credit or am i doing something wrong??  

Thanks

It happens for at least half those with Premier.

Yes, you'll be refunded in OBC aboard the ship.

(Refundable).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

It happens for at least half those with Premier.

Yes, you'll be refunded in OBC aboard the ship.

(Refundable).

so the other half dont get charged pre cruise?

57 minutes ago, 20165 said:

That's correct.  The APP doesn't always work the way it should.  We always wait until we board for our reservations.  You can pay now, and get your refund once you board.  Just remember that the refund will be in On Board Credit, not applied to your credit card.

1 hour ago, 20165 said:

I cannot attest to the percentage quoted.

I was successfully able to make each of my two included Speciality dining reservations for no charge.  Although I may have needed to enter my CC number.  After I made my choice, it showed the cost and showed that there was not a charge.  
When I initially started to make a reservation, I received a reminder in the AP that I had some credits for Specialty dining.  I was using the old AP.

The only way to make a change is to cancel your current reservation and make a new one.  I found that I had to wait some time before my cancelled credit showed up to be used for another booking.

No idea whey it is different for some people.  Some people may not be looking closely at what is and is not being charged?  But the issue has been reported numerous times, so there must be an issue.

i suggest you try to make a reservation all the way to the end and see what happens.  You can always immediately cancel the reservations for a refund on your credit card

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

@20165

Have you gone all the way through the transaction?  If it "works right" it will say that it's going to charge you but then at the end you will see a credit which will zero it out.  Sometimes it works, sometimes not!

Obviously I agree with you about that possibility.

3 hours ago, 20165 said:

Thanks

This happened to me. I called the help line. They said that it would happen if our cruise wasn’t fully paid. It’s not. So my choice was to pay for the dinner up front and then go to guest services once on board to get a refund as OBC. Or, not book until after our final payment is made. 

Edited by TrixieBel
Misspelling

1 minute ago, TrixieBel said:

This happened to me. I called the help line. They said that it would happen if our cruise wasn’t fully paid. It’s not. So my choice was to pay for the dinner up front and then go to guest services once on board to get a refund as OBC. Or, not book until after our final payment is made. 

And I *think* that even this depends on what Captain's Circle level you are...not certain.

2 hours ago, TrixieBel said:

Sounds odd to me - even for Princess.

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

And I *think* that even this depends on what Captain's Circle level you are...not certain.

?

37 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The person on the end of the line seemed quite confident in what they were saying. 😎 We like to eat late, which I know is unusual.  We will wait and make our bookings after the final payment is made. 

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

?

44 minutes ago, TrixieBel said:

The person on the end of the line seemed quite confident in what they were saying. 😎 We like to eat late, which I know is unusual.  We will wait and make our bookings after the final payment is made. 

Perhaps I was not fully functioning earlier.  If you are not Platinum or Elite in Captain's Circle, then you should not be able to make dining reservations in DMW until you have made final payment (which you can do early).  Now this has not been the case on all voyages for all guests as several have reported in this forum being able to use DMW prior to final payment.

In theory, that should also affect SD reservations since you book SD locations using DMW.  The fact that DMW wants to charge you and not recognize you have two free meals would seem a different issue, but perhaps it is tied to the wait period.  It sounds like the phone rep was trying to tell you about not being able to make dining res prior to final payment. 

Who knows what the bugs really are in DMW?

• Like 1

Thanks for the info everyone, and we have made final payment.  The cruise is 60 days out.  We booked the 360 experience and we just assumed it wasnt included in the package because it is pricy.  $149 per person. So we went the whole way through the booking process and it did charge my credit card the $300ish cost for 2 people.  Got the notification from AMEX shortly after booking.  So we tried to book the catch next, and it also wanted to charge us for that as well so we didnt go the whole way through the booking process.  

We're trying to not rack up too many issues that we have to spend time in guest services to resolve.  We had a nightmare on MSC last year with random charges that i spent no less than 2 hours in guest services to try to get resolved to no avail.  Thank goodness for AMEX allowing us to deny charges.

• Thanks 1