Serenade Itinerary change

On 2/18/2024 at 8:08 PM, Tree_skier said:

And a Tik tok video is where you are getting your getting your information. LOL

You have to consider the source.  I get a LOT of great cruise information via TikTok from specific sources.  Once you know who the good sources are, you follow them. Some have even built incredibly successful businesses via TT as well. 🙂

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, oleaglefan said:

Just curious if anyone has information on how the current situation impacts the Anthem Suez Canal sailing on October 23, 2024, let me know. Couldn’t find a roll call for that cruise. Thanks 

Just booked that one 😝

On 2/19/2024 at 8:33 PM, Jimbo said:

Didn't you see it on your cancellations email from Royal for your clients?

Canceled mini segments on the WC got $100 OBC if they selected option#1 and booked another cruise..

Your clients can do the same thing and get an easy $100 OBC, booking any cruise to anywhere if you booked the canceled cruises before they take them off Royal's site.

Post #3940 in the thread below.

Thanks for posting that.  I did not see that letter that was for one segment.  The letter that I saw was for clients booked on all 3 segments that are being cancelled and they did not have that offer.

I will modify my statement that it is extremely rare for Royal to offer OBC on any redeployments these days.  The good old days of redeployment are long gone.

• Like 1

Well today my TA after chasing them I may add heard from RCC

——-

We’ve been closely monitoring the unrest in the Red Sea, and were optimistic that we could maintain our original itinerary, our priorities are your safety and minimizing the impact to your experience.

Regrettably, we can no longer offer the original itinerary you initially purchased. Additionally, as we are still working through our itineraries with our Ultimate World Cruise guests, we’ll have more information for our June 7th, 2024 sailing on 27th February 2024. We understand this is not an ideal situation, and we’re truly sorry for the impact this unexpected situation has on your vacation plans. The time and effort you took to plan your cruise is important to us, so we’ve put together some alternate options that we hope will work for you and those in your party.

Option 1: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean International sailing.

• If you prefer to re-book another sailing, we’ll waive any non-refundable deposit change fees.
  • Please know, you’ll be responsible for any difference in pricing for your cruise fare, taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If your booking was already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund for the difference.
  • To sweeten the offer, you’ll receive a $100 USD Onboard Credit to spend onboard per stateroom:
  • Plus, an additional $50 USD for each third or more guest.
  • And, you’ll also be reimbursed for non-refundable, pre-purchased transportation change fees incurred (such as a flight, train ticket, or rental car).
    • We’ll cover up to $200 USD per guest for Domestic changes, or up to $400 USD per guest for International changes.
    • Please email your receipts and booking information to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com for review and reimbursement.

Option 2: If you prefer to cancel one or both of your sailings, we’ll be sad to see you go, but hope you’ll come back soon. You’ll receive:

• A full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare (including non-refundable deposits) and any pre-paid amenities to the original form of payment.
    • If you used a Future Cruise Credit on this sailing and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount and we’ll reinstate your original certificate.
  • Please know, if you choose this option, we will not provide additional compensation.
  • ————. 
    So it’s not cancelled yet, but no mention of why it’s not going to be until the 27th!  

So we’ll wait and see the outcome and then if Istanbul is off, maybe swap to Venice-Rome.  Not what we wanted as my daughter is a classics student and Greece was an important part of that, so fingers crossed for an option 2 vote!  
  • Like 2

We're on the June 7-20 cruise. I posted a few times on the World Cruise thread but got crickets. We're in the U.S., and our travel agent hasn't been notified YET that this date is cancelled. It was available for sale until yesterday but has now disappeared from RCL's website. Frankly, I would be happy if Option 2 is chosen, as it wouldn't impact our booked flights and hotels for June 7-20. That being said, I would be happier to book another ship and date to get away from this World Cruise soap opera.

Has anyone else in the U.S. received a cancellation for June 7-20?

1 hour ago, GenSteve said:

We're on the June 7-20 cruise. I posted a few times on the World Cruise thread but got crickets. We're in the U.S., and our travel agent hasn't been notified YET that this date is cancelled. It was available for sale until yesterday but has now disappeared from RCL's website. Frankly, I would be happy if Option 2 is chosen, as it wouldn't impact our booked flights and hotels for June 7-20. That being said, I would be happier to book another ship and date to get away from this World Cruise soap opera.

Has anyone else in the U.S. received a cancellation for June 7-20?

It's not cancelled officially until feb 27th possibly? When they know the outcome of the vote. I been following along and john said he voted for #2. But it's not clear that will win. Gotta wait for the vote. 

For those not up to date in the main UWC thread, the winning alternative itinerary is Immersive Africa. This means the original Istanbul embarkation is off the table.

See the following link for the new third quarter segment itinerary, Ultimate Africa & Med: https://edocs.rccl.com/guestdocs/edocs/email/royal/UWC_SEG_3.pdf

Cruisers booked on the cancelled mini segments may be able to sail around Africa, but details are yet to be communicated.  In an email from Royal Caribbean earlier today regarding the affected June 7th Istanbul sailing, they said:

You’ll receive a communication by Friday, March 1st with all of your options, including one that has been highly requested, joining us on an Immersive Africa cruise – more to come on that!

Friends and family pricing has been published for two sailings, one Dubai to Cape Town (18 nights) and the other Cape Town to Ravenna (24 nights). I can only presume that Dubai to Athens bookings will be able to do Dubai to Cape Town. For Cape Town to Ravenna it is not as clear because this new 24 night sailing replaces two back-to-back cruises, 11 night Athens to Istanbul and 13 night Istanbul to Ravenna. Hopefully this gets clarified in their March 1st communication.

• Thanks 1

I received the automated email yesterday and am just waiting for the official word, so that I can book something else.

Quick question regarding offer to prior cancelled segments:

• And, you’ll also be reimbursed for non-refundable, pre-purchased transportation change fees incurred (such as a flight, train ticket, or rental car).

• We’ll cover up to $200 USD per guest for Domestic changes, or up to $400 USD per guest for International changes.

• Please email your receipts and booking information to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com for review and reimbursement.

I already booked airline tickets for to Istanbul with Venice return. Generally, you can't change the routing on purchased tickets. My best option may be to cancel, pay the penalty and start fresh.

I assume RCL will cover a CANCELLATION fee up to $400 USD?