Serenade Itinerary change

48 minutes ago, K8T said:

I find it hard to believe that the ‘owners’ get notification and not agents.  This cruise agency is a big one in the U.K. with, agents on site.   

I can't say for certain for the UK but I can say that it happens in North America.  It was even worse with groups as the person who took out the initial group at corporate would get notified, then have top pass it along to the franchisee who owned the agency and then to the travel agent who booked the cruise.

Just saying that Royal has a strange way of sending out notifications that those who are not in the business do not know about.

• Like 3

Do realize this is nothing new for those of us that had massive cancellations due to Covid.  I had Radiance booked around Australia that was cancelled not once, but then after restart...cancelled again.  I had to cancel flights and hotels...twice at that time.  

And definitely was not new knowledge that we would have to reroute on Serenade, being discussed for weeks before I left the ship in LA.   No one thought we would end up going through the Suez Canal.  It was simply a matter of logistics as to where they would go and when.  

I have flight and hotel booked for rejoining in Barcelona.  I am prepared that those things could change if that does not happen (depending on if and when Serenade arrives).   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

North America.

Whether your agent receives e nails directly will depend bonus how they are set up in the system.  Theses e mail notifications go out to tje agency owner and not to the agent directly.  It is then up to the agency owner to sent the notifications to the agent.

Ive been in that position as an agent and it's frustrating but Royal has sent them.

My question is though why does it still look like the canceled cruises are still available to book  on various sites I'm looking at?

People could book them just for the OBC and then switch to a cruise you were really wanting to book.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Do realize this is nothing new for those of us that had massive cancellations due to Covid.  I had Radiance booked around Australia that was cancelled not once, but then after restart...cancelled again.  I had to cancel flights and hotels...twice at that time.  

And definitely was not new knowledge that we would have to reroute on Serenade, being discussed for weeks before I left the ship in LA.   No one thought we would end up going through the Suez Canal.  It was simply a matter of logistics as to where they would go and when.  

I have flight and hotel booked for rejoining in Barcelona.  I am prepared that those things could change if that does not happen (depending on if and when Serenade arrives).   

Absolutely, we had a number of cruises cancelled, it seemed never ending knocking them on, we were losing track!   But were lucky to have done two around the U.K. in 2022, Staycations cruises. 

I knew things would change on this trip of course, once the Houthis kicked off, but wasn’t expecting RCCL to take so long coming to a decision  when it was pretty obvious way back, but then to eek it out even further with this crazy vote, knowing elements will change depending with the options they e given, yet not informing the customers concerned, is strange to me, but it appears from other comments, that’s just how they roll.

I’m not impressed, but will wait and see when the deem fit to tell us and what they offer.  I just expected better. 

Edited by K8T

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

My question is though why does it still look like the canceled cruises are still available to book  on various sites I'm looking at?

People could book them just for the OBC and then switch to a cruise you were really wanting to book.

Yea and my agent could go right through to booking when she tried!  

12 minutes ago, oleaglefan said:

Just curious if anyone has information on how the current situation impacts the Anthem Suez Canal sailing on October 23, 2024, let me know. Couldn’t find a roll call for that cruise. Thanks 

We're on that one, here's the roll call

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Because thry still are. No idea why Royal still has them for sale.

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Because thry still are. No idea why Royal still has them for sale.

Could it be that it’s available online (in this case it may be Cruising Power) but you might not be able to book it if you call it in?  Or if you are able to book online, it bounces back as not confirmed.

7 minutes ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

Could it be that it’s available online (in this case it may be Cruising Power) but you might not be able to book it if you call it in?  Or if you are able to book online, it bounces back as not confirmed.

Never seen that happen. If it's available to book then it's available to book. 

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

People have done this before, was a couple CC Members that did this and bragged about it. During CV when they had the double FFC can almost see why

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Never seen that happen. If it's available to book then it's available to book. 

That’s what I would think!  But then there’s RCL and its IT and, at times, how it does business its way.  Has anyone gone online, booked it and put down a deposit?  IOW, nothing is real unless you get a confirmation for the booking.  But, then again, RCL could take the deposit and send a confirmation, knowing that in the end they can cancel the cruise if it needs to do so.  

25 minutes ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

That’s what I would think!  But then there’s RCL and its IT and, at times, how it does business its way.  Has anyone gone online, booked it and put down a deposit?  IOW, nothing is real unless you get a confirmation for the booking.  But, then again, RCL could take the deposit and send a confirmation, knowing that in the end they can cancel the cruise if it needs to do so.  

I can put a hold on it.  Same thing as putting down a deposit, it has a valid booking number and is an actual booking.

If they cancel and they obviously will any money paid would be refunded whether or not it was a refundable deposit or a non refundable deposit.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

People have done this before, was a couple CC Members that did this and bragged about it. During CV when they had the double FFC can almost see why

Royal is no longer as generous and flexible about changing these like they used to be😇

• Like 3

17 hours ago, K8T said:

We are on the Istanbul to Venice segment, which in both options will be changed, in the case of Option 1, cancelled completely!

Despite this, I have had nothing from RCCL whatsoever informing me of the possible change

I have not understood this thread since the beginning.....

You simply have not yet been cancelled. One of the itinerary options that will be voted on gets the ship to Istanbul June 7 on time for you to get on your cruise as planned. You will get your notification after the vote and official new itinerary announcement.

18 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

I have not understood this thread since the beginning.....

You simply have not yet been cancelled. One of the itinerary options that will be voted on gets the ship to Istanbul June 7 on time for you to get on your cruise as planned. You will get your notification after the vote and official new itinerary announcement.

I’m sorry you can’t follow it, or understand my concerns.  Yes one gets to Istanbul, but with a different itinerary, that is not what we booked, the other will be cancelled- a pretty big deal! 

I believe that RCCL could have had the courtesy of letting TAs and cruisers know these changes and there is a risk of cancellation.  Yes we knew they were t going up the Red Sea, but they took their time over announcing that, so we knew it might change, but not the risk of cancellation.

Basically it’s good customer service and for cruisers to hear over social media and then to wait another 10 days for a vote is pretty poor. It’s not difficult to mail out en masse, they know who’s paid and who’s not. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, K8T said:

Basically it’s good customer service and for cruisers to hear over social media and then to wait another 10 days for a vote is pretty poor.

Don't book RCI for good customer service pre-cruise.

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Don't book RCI for good customer service pre-cruise.

😂😂😂. I know that now!    😂😂

I’m used to Disney who are incredibly efficient! 😂. You get what you pay for I suppose. 

Edited by K8T
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, K8T said:

Absolutely, we had a number of cruises cancelled, it seemed never ending knocking them on, we were losing track!   But were lucky to have done two around the U.K. in 2022, Staycations cruises. 

I knew things would change on this trip of course, once the Houthis kicked off, but wasn’t expecting RCCL to take so long coming to a decision  when it was pretty obvious way back, but then to eek it out even further with this crazy vote, knowing elements will change depending with the options they e given, yet not informing the customers concerned, is strange to me, but it appears from other comments, that’s just how they roll.

I’m not impressed, but will wait and see when the deem fit to tell us and what they offer.  I just expected better. 

I can definitely agree on RCI not coming out with announcements of change in a timely manner. 

I knew for weeks we were not going to Manta Ecuador on Serenade due to major unrest with drug wars.  Several ships, including RCI's own Silversea had cancelled that port weeks before.  Upon inquiries at the GS desk, they assured me Serenade was still going there and my tour was still good to go.  Hah. 

They finally announced the cancellation just a couple of days before we were to arrive there.  But I had already cancelled the tour online prior to it.  

I can only hope the new itinerary logistics will still bring Serenade to Barcelona on July 10.  But so many things can happen.  I will just deal with it when that date happens.  Hope you can get your schedule worked out.  

• Like 2

I can definitely agree on RCI not coming out with announcements of change in a timely manner. 

I knew for weeks we were not going to Manta Ecuador on Serenade due to major unrest with drug wars.  Several ships, including RCI's own Silversea had cancelled that port weeks before.  Upon inquiries at the GS desk, they assured me Serenade was still going there and my tour was still good to go.  Hah. 

They finally announced the cancellation just a couple of days before we were to arrive there.  But I had already cancelled the tour online prior to it.  

I can only hope the new itinerary logistics will still bring Serenade to Barcelona on July 10.  But so many things can happen.  I will just deal with it when that date happens.  Hope you can get your schedule worked out.  

How frustrating. I wonder why they are so reluctant to make decisions?   

Fingers crossed for you. 

32 minutes ago, K8T said:

Fingers crossed for you. 

I think it is more about tell them (the customer) as little as possible and as late as possible for the benefit of RCCL (so staff don't have to deal with too much negativity and the bottom line for RCCL).  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, K8T said:

Fingers crossed for you. 

Thanks.   Ironically, even though we turned Pinnacle awhile back, we are now booking with other lines.  Not just for the fact of not informing us about changes in a timely manner, but mostly the cut backs on what seems like everything, and yet the pricing has gone way up.   It is just not the same cruise line as it was.  Sadly, after 20 years of being "Loyal to Royal"...we are no longer such.  😞 

• Like 2

Thanks.   Ironically, even though we turned Pinnacle awhile back, we are now booking with other lines.  Not just for the fact of not informing us about changes in a timely manner, but mostly the cut backs on what seems like everything, and yet the pricing has gone way up.   It is just not the same cruise line as it was.  Sadly, after 20 years of being "Loyal to Royal"...we are no longer such.  😞 

I think I never was loyal to royal as I did them all. But I would like to lock in pinnacle just in case they decide to change stuff. I'd like to lock it in. Locked in carnivals top tier in jan. Once I lock in pinnacle idk if I will be so loyal either. I have never felt royal was the most ethical company. I got a email from mbayley office saying how they never add onto port fees once you are booked ... oops added on Bahamas. Other stuff. I just have seen and read stuff to me not the most ethical. 

They seem all about profits not about doing things right ... and when in doubt blame IT.

I do agree with the OP communication is poor and they say this or that is a rule, but then bend it themselves too often. They dont care if a few cruisers never book again. It's about the dollars.

Enjoy your new cruiseline.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal no longer offers OBC as part of cancellations.  

Didn't you see it on your cancellations email from Royal for your clients?

Canceled mini segments on the WC got $100 OBC if they selected option#1 and booked another cruise..

Your clients can do the same thing and get an easy $100 OBC, booking any cruise to anywhere if you booked the canceled cruises before they take them off Royal's site.

Post #3940 in the thread below.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1