Found help for cpap users

We are currently on the POA and are both cpap users. Before we left home we filled out the form for distilled water and extension cord for our room. We received an email from NCL that we may or may not get the cord. Fortunately, before we left my husband had found on Amazon 10 foot cords that are long power cords that fit into the machines and are not extension cords. They work perfectly and cannot be confiscated because they are the power cord for the machine. They are called Omnihil 10 foot power cords cpap compatible. Hope this helps!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, lovestocruisesue said:

We are currently on the POA and are both cpap users. Before we left home we filled out the form for distilled water and extension cord for our room. We received an email from NCL that we may or may not get the cord. Fortunately, before we left my husband had found on Amazon 10 foot cords that are long power cords that fit into the machines and are not extension cords. They work perfectly and cannot be confiscated because they are the power cord for the machine. They are called Omnihil 10 foot power cords cpap compatible. Hope this helps!

The cord I have is already 10 ft on my cpap and it still won't reach most outlets in the cabins. I bring a 10 ft extension cord that I keep with my cpap, used for nothing else.  Never had a problem with it being confiscated. The cord would only be confiscated if it is frayed and in bad shape.

7 hours ago, lovestocruisesue said:

Extension cords are NOT prohibited items on NCL and will not be confiscated. Save the expense of a long power cord and go to Amazon and pick up some cheap, light weight extension cords. 

We sail often and find that a 6’ + 10’ extension cord works on most NCL ships. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

Hello, OP here. Just wanted to clarify. I made this suggestion because even though I understand extension cords without surge protectors are supposedly permitted, I had read posts from people who had plain extensions confiscated. We just didn’t want to take a chance and thought this was a good alternative. Number two, this particular cord is a 10 foot power cord that attaches to cpaps power boxes on the already 5 foot cords, making the entire cord  15 feet. I apologize for not being clear about that. They also came in a pack of 2 for $10, which was we felt was a good deal. Also would like to say that the POA has been a great ship. The staff have been wonderful and we are fully enjoying this cruise! Thank you to everyone who helped me with advice!

• Like 3

We ordered the specialty 20 foot power cables from SF Cable. I don't have the link. Not just for cruising, but for at home too. I'm glad the PoA is a good ship. We'll be on it in 5 days.

Not only are extension cords not prohibited by NCL, but when you contact the Access Desk about distilled water and an extension cord, you are likely to receive a reply that includes this:

"We also recommend that the guest bring an extension cord at least 6ft. long, as the outlet [sic] are not close enough to the bed.  The extension cord may be confiscated from luggage to be examined for safety and if deemed safe, returned to the guest.  The ship only has a very small supply (available first come, first serve) and can be requested at the Guest Services Desk."

Thanks for this post. I will definitely bring my extension cord for the CPAP. Will NCL supply distilled water? I sent my them my Access Form and awaiting their reply but would like to know how others fared with NCL regarding the distilled water situation.

6 hours ago, mozzer316 said:

Thanks for this post. I will definitely bring my extension cord for the CPAP. Will NCL supply distilled water? I sent my them my Access Form and awaiting their reply but would like to know how others fared with NCL regarding the distilled water situation.

Can someone point me to the Access Form?  I need to request distilled water for our upcoming cruise (May), as my husband started using a cpap a couple months ago.  TIA!

For distilled water, can someone clarify this: Does NCL supply the distilled water with the access form, or am I just asking permission to bring it on? The form leads me to believe you are just asking permission to bring it on. 

Edited by ScottJJ

4 hours ago, ScottJJ said:

For distilled water, can someone clarify this: Does NCL supply the distilled water with the access form, or am I just asking permission to bring it on? The form leads me to believe you are just asking permission to bring it on. 

I always fill out the form on NCL and they have distilled water in the cabin when I get there, if not there then just ask your cabin steward

• Like 2

on the past 5 cruises we have taken, when i unpacked my cpap , seeing tis the cabin steward immediately offered to bring me the distilled water, and every one of them brought an extension cord, when i asked for one.

however, i bring my own, and the only thing ncl requires me to do is keep it unplugged when not in the cabin. most of the time they dont even enforce this

• Like 1

9 hours ago, complawyer said:

on the past 5 cruises we have taken, when i unpacked my cpap , seeing tis the cabin steward immediately offered to bring me the distilled water, and every one of them brought an extension cord, when i asked for one.

however, i bring my own, and the only thing ncl requires me to do is keep it unplugged when not in the cabin. most of the time they dont even enforce this

never knew they want it unplugged, I just always unplugged mine anyway