Star Breeze Cabin 428 vs 446

avalong

Hi Folks,

Does anyone out there have experience in cabins 428 or 446 on the Star Breeze (or any of the other Star ships for that matter)?

Appears 428 is directly over the tender embarkation area, and 446 is directly over the galley.  Any noise issues in either cabin?

Thanks in advance for any info.

4 hours ago, Redtravel said:

446 is not over the galley.  The galley is aft.  I have stayed on all 3 decks. Never had a noise issue.

Have a look at the deck plans. 447,449 & 451 on the starboard side are definitely over the galley.  There is a mysterious blank space under 446, 448 & 450 which I thought might also be part of the galley. Hoping to find someone out there who's stayed in 446 or 428.

40 minutes ago, oakridger said:

image.png.ef3b6115a764de595c7990c855f2a882.png

Don't know about Star Breeze, but we were just on Silver Whisper and noticed that the backwaiters brought food into the MDR through the starboard side and took the dirty dishes back through the port side.  Good for avoiding head-on crashes, and would fit with this deck plan layout.  

[Haven't ever had a cabin over a galley, but don't recall any reports on CC about noise from galleys.  They do start working early the morning, but they shut down soon after dinner.  Crew noise seems to come mostly from carts rolling over thresholds and doors slamming, which would not be the issue with pre-breakfast galley activities – so I'm most worried about unlabeled white spaces across the hall from my cabin door.]

29 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Don't know about Star Breeze, but we were just on Silver Whisper and noticed that the backwaiters brought food into the MDR through the starboard side and took the dirty dishes back through the port side.  Good for avoiding head-on crashes, and would fit with this deck plan layout.  

[Haven't ever had a cabin over a galley, but don't recall any reports on CC about noise from galleys.  They do start working early the morning, but they shut down soon after dinner.  Crew noise seems to come mostly from carts rolling over thresholds and doors slamming, which would not be the issue with pre-breakfast galley activities – so I'm most worried about unlabeled white spaces across the hall from my cabin door.]

I know what you mean. On our last cruise we had one of those dreaded crew doors directly across from our cabin. We heard them bumping carts over the threshold during the day, but never heard them in the morning or at night. They must have gotten the word.

I currently have my daughters booked in 428, which is directly over the tender embarkation area. I'm considering moving them to 446, but that might be worse.