Carnival Your Time Dining vs. traditional Set Time Dining

On 4/3/2024 at 6:23 PM, RDJ said:

They made us order dessert at the same time as our main meal. On other lines we are used to them asking AFTER we’ve eaten dinner.

This seems to be a Carnival thing.  This was the practice I encountered on two different Carnival cruises this year.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

This seems to be a Carnival thing.  This was the practice I encountered on two different Carnival cruises this year.  

It's for efficiency. The waitstaff serve multiple tables and it helps if they can bring the courses out in a timely fashion. Especially for early dining or those eating early on your time. A lot of people need to be fed and staff aren't dedicated to one table or one person.

• Like 1

Just off the Venezia today on an 11 night,  had anytime dining, after the first night we loved the dining crew and requested them for the rest off the cruise also requested a better table and had the same table by the Gondola all week! Dinner at 5 PM every night.

Best dining team in years.

We love ATD.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

Carnival changed to ordering everything at once several years ago.  At that point Royal Caribbean had already been doing it.

If you tell them you're not sure if you'll be hungry for dessert or just politely ask to order separately,  they'll probably accommodate you.

On 5/17/2024 at 12:52 PM, Mike45LC said:

I actually like ordering it before dinner, because when you order after dinner it just adds to the amount of time spent, and makes it harder to get to a show afterwards.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, DukeASUGirl said:

I actually like ordering it before dinner, because when you order after dinner it just adds to the amount of time spent, and makes it harder to get to a show afterwards.

On the Venezia the past 11 days, there ATD starts at 5 PM, we were there between then and 5:10 each night, we were done by 6:00ish just about every night and way early for the shows.

Stopped in the Atrium to listen to music prior to the show.

Ordering all up front.

Edited by thesmiths