Using Ocean Now with Princess Plus

Luv2CtheMouse9

Guest Snaxmuppet
12 minutes ago, RocknRoll22 said:

We ordered Pizza and a salad, which was offered as a choice on the App. Hard to believe it wasn't a "covered" item, since it was a standard App choice, and not a special order.

When I asked about the charge at Guest Services, they tried to tell me that beverages were no charge, but they charge for any food delivery price. I don't believe that is correct, as they advertise Ocean Now as part of the Medallion and Plus perks. And the amount they billed to my folio was the actual food price in the App, not the Ocean Now one time $14.99.

OceanNow is included in the packages but that is the service... the food itself is not all free... depends on what you order.

Just now, Snaxmuppet said:

OceanNow is included in the packages but that is the service... the food itself is not all free... depends on what you order.

Like I just mentioned, who knew pizza and salad was such an exotic meal, that they had to charge extra for it. Funny, we could get it "included" at Slices and the buffet....

Learn something new every day (on how to get screwed).

• Like 1

Guest Snaxmuppet
1 minute ago, RocknRoll22 said:

Like I just mentioned, who knew pizza and salad was such an exotic meal, that they had to charge extra for it. Funny, we could get it "included" at Slices and the buffet....

It isn't exotic... it is outside the included food. Pizza is free at Slice. If you want free pizza then go to Slice. Pizza is not free at Alfredos which is where the pizza on OceanNow is likely to come from.

You have not been screwed. It is just how it is... live with it or don't sail on Princess. No point in moaning though.

58 minutes ago, RocknRoll22 said:

Who knew we would order such a exotic meal on a cruise ship, that they had to charge us extra for that specially prepared food (pizza and salad).

Let's just say, after numerous issues this week, Princess won't get high praises from us...

54 minutes ago, RocknRoll22 said:

Don't worry, by the next time you cruise they'll figure out an new way to screw you out of some dollars.🙁

And to make it even worse, you sailed with a package.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RocknRoll22 said:

Who knew we would order such a exotic meal on a cruise ship, that they had to charge us extra for that specially prepared food (pizza and salad).

Let's just say, after numerous issues this week, Princess won't get high praises from us...

How did you miss the little numbers with a dollar sign in front of them ?  Slices on deck are free pies are not 

1 hour ago, Snaxmuppet said:

Pizza is free at Slice. If you want free pizza then go to Slice.

LOL...  I love these type of comments. No, pizza is not "free" at Slices... it's INCLUDED in the price of the cabin/cruise. There's nothing "free" onboard.

14 minutes ago, memoak said:

How did you miss the little numbers with a dollar sign in front of them ?  Slices on deck are free pies are not 

There are a lot of items with a dollar sign on them that are included "free" in a Plus package (like special coffee, smoothies, WiFi, frozen drinks, etc.)

Apparently, you need an engineering degree to know what's included in a package and what's going to be an additional charge. Who knew pizza, not from Slices, would be one of them.

I guess I need to dump my wife, she has way to expensive tastes when it comes to dinner... LOL...

1 minute ago, RocknRoll22 said:

LOL...  I love these type of comments. No, pizza is not "free" at Slices... it's INCLUDED in the price of the cabin/cruise. There's nothing "free" onboard.

There are a lot of items with a dollar sign on them that are included "free" in a Plus package (like special coffee, smoothies, WiFi, frozen drinks, etc.)

Apparently, you need an engineering degree to know what's included in a package and what's going to be an additional charge. Who knew pizza, not from Slices, would be one of them.

I guess I need to dump my wife, she has way to expensive tastes when it comes to dinner... LOL...

I don’t think cruising is the vacation for you

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RocknRoll22 said:

It used to be free. My understanding is they added a price to the pizza to reduce waste as too many people were ordering a lot of it late night and not eating it.....

41 minutes ago, RocknRoll22 said:

You must not have been aware of the verbiage “included in package”. If you don’t see it you are being charged

Guest Snaxmuppet
47 minutes ago, RocknRoll22 said:

That is just pedantic and doesn't add to the discussion on any way. 

Our last cruise we noticed there was some massive inefficiency with OceanNow.

Could be on a table near a bar the ocean now order would come from a different bar/bar pantry  rather than the nearest bar that had table servers.

Often easier to just order through the servers.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

It isn't exotic... 

RocknRoll was being sarcastic. If it is specialty pizza, it should be advertised as such. I believe that is what took him/her by surprise considering pizza is available for everybody on the ship. 

3 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

It used to be free. My understanding is they added a price to the pizza to reduce waste as too many people were ordering a lot of it late night and not eating it.....

Makes sense. They are not the only cruise line to do that. 

Guest Snaxmuppet
39 minutes ago, Luv2CtheMouse9 said:

RocknRoll was being sarcastic. If it is specialty pizza, it should be advertised as such. I believe that is what took him/her by surprise considering pizza is available for everybody on the ship. 

The thing is that the app clearly shows whether there will be a charge or not. I accept that free (included) pizza is available to everyone but only from Slice. It isn't available to everyone from Alfredo's. I think to complain about this is being very petty IMO

56 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

I accept that free (included) pizza is available to everyone but only from Slice. It isn't available to everyone from Alfredo's.

Except the app doesn't say it's a special pizza from Alfredo's. It was a standard pepperoni pizza, nothing special, looked just like a Slices pizza.

57 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

I think to complain about this is being very petty IMO

The complaint was about the deceptive marketing, leaving people to believe that Ocean Now is such a great perk of the Pus package. In reality, it isn't. There's no benefit to having Ocean Now, if they charge for room service for basic food.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luv2CtheMouse9 said:

Exactly.

Mr Muppet is from the UK, so he might not understand our way of thinking.

Plus, like I said above, Ocean Now is "advertised" as order what you want on the ship and we'll track you down anywhere for delivery, based on your medallion. Nothing in the Plus Package advertising did I see it stated that we would be charged separately for every item ordered.

18 minutes ago, RocknRoll22 said:

Except the app doesn't say it's a special pizza from Alfredo's. It was a standard pepperoni pizza, nothing special, looked just like a Slices pizza.

The complaint was about the deceptive marketing, leaving people to believe that Ocean Now is such a great perk of the Pus package. In reality, it isn't. There's no benefit to having Ocean Now, if they charge for room service for basic food.

It can’t look like slice of it is a full pie   You cannot go to Slice and have them hand you full pies

• Like 1

Guest Snaxmuppet
20 minutes ago, RocknRoll22 said:

Exactly.

Mr Muppet is from the UK, so he might not understand our way of thinking.

Plus, like I said above, Ocean Now is "advertised" as order what you want on the ship and we'll track you down anywhere for delivery, based on your medallion. Nothing in the Plus Package advertising did I see it stated that we would be charged separately for every item ordered.

I have never seen that what you order was free either... "order what you want" is not an indication the food would be free... just the delivery.

BTW you are not charged for every item... only the items that carry an additional charge. There are lots of items that are included without an additional charge.

May be it is a cultural thing 🙂 

8 hours ago, RocknRoll22 said:

Apparently, you need an engineering degree to know what's included in a package and what's going to be an additional charge.

Not an engineering degree. But maybe a PhD in Maths. 😉

4 hours ago, MacMadame said:

Not an engineering degree. But maybe a PhD in Maths. 😉

i just happen to know of a fellow passenger that has an Engineering degree and a PhD in Math.  Dr. Math has no problem analyzing the data…or could it be the engineering mind?  It really isn’t rocket science.  Even this lowly math teacher can figure out Plus and Premier.  

But I will acknowledge that Princess makes it more confusing than needs be, especially for those not familiar with Princess.  Thank goodness for helpful CC members. 

• Like 1