any updates on Princess casual dinner plans for more than a 7 day cruise

MrElvis

We will be sailing on a 14 day cruise next month.

I know the topic has been previously discusses and I was wondering if Princess has adjusted the plan for voyages over 7 days.

*Casual Dining with pre-fixe meals are limited to 2 meals per guest during the entire voyage at ship’s select casual dining venue locations. This package allows the guest to enjoy two price fixe meals at Casual Dining venues that otherwise carry a charge not included in your cruise fare. At each of the two included meals, guest will be able to select one option from each menu section on the price fixe menu (for example, one starter, one entrée, one dessert; no substitutions, revisions, or other changes will be permitted to such menu.

Before purchasing the Premiere plan on our cruise, booked as a 20 day, although it could also be booked as 2 10 day cruises, I asked the person signing me up, if we got 2 Specialty dinners or 4 Specialty dinners, His answer was 4, since it was for two cruise segments. Segment seemed to be the key word. So maybe they have wised up and applied the limited items on a per segment basis, I can only tell you what the answer we received was, not what will happen on your cruise. There are inconsistencies which are real head-scratchers between the ships in the fleet. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MrElvis said:

It's a 14 day cruise

Then you only get 2 casual dinings, not 4. 

It sucks and I'm hoping it changes by the time I take my 16-day cruise. But not counting on it.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

Then you only get 2 casual dinings, not 4. 

It sucks and I'm hoping it changes by the time I take my 16-day cruise. But not counting on it.

Don’t hold your breath. But the charcuterie plate at Vine will easily feed 2 and yes they allow it

We are on a 30 day cruise soon with the Plus package, which would give us each only 2 casual dining meals. I’m sure it would have been sold in segments (it’s a trans Pacific) but how do I find out? 

It seems crazy to me that it’s only 2 per cruise - we have 2 x 7 day B2Bs next year that would give us 4 meals in 14 days compared to 2 meals in 30 days.
I know we won’t starve but we prefer the Alfredo’s pizza to the Lido pizza, so having the option to eat more meals there would be nice.

11 hours ago, MrElvis said:

We will be sailing on a 14 day cruise next month.

I know the topic has been previously discusses and I was wondering if Princess has adjusted the plan for voyages over 7 days.

*Casual Dining with pre-fixe meals are limited to 2 meals per guest during the entire voyage at ship’s select casual dining venue locations. This package allows the guest to enjoy two price fixe meals at Casual Dining venues that otherwise carry a charge not included in your cruise fare. At each of the two included meals, guest will be able to select one option from each menu section on the price fixe menu (for example, one starter, one entrée, one dessert; no substitutions, revisions, or other changes will be permitted to such menu.

Why would they adjust down to lose revenue?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Don’t hold your breath. But the charcuterie plate at Vine will easily feed 2 and yes they allow it

No Vines on the Coral. I'm hoping we can do the "share a meal" thing but it seems like it varies from ship to ship and even waiter to waiter.

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

Why would they adjust down to lose revenue?  

To make packages even more attractive. Also, I think it wouldn't be that much revenue compared to the goodwill it generates. i.e., a good ROI.

38 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

No Vines on the Coral. I'm hoping we can do the "share a meal" thing but it seems like it varies from ship to ship and even waiter to waiter.

To make packages even more attractive. Also, I think it wouldn't be that much revenue compared to the goodwill it generates. i.e., a good ROI.

All people care about is the drinks, wifi and tips.

40 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

All people care about is the drinks, wifi and tips.

I see a lot of people caring about the casual dining. Not the fitness classes (which I care about) but definitely the casual dining.

Though that's an argument for not giving them 2 per week since it's an enticement to upgrade to Premier. Oh well...

3 hours ago, Calabazar said:

We are on a 30 day cruise soon with the Plus package, which would give us each only 2 casual dining meals. I’m sure it would have been sold in segments (it’s a trans Pacific) but how do I find out? 

It seems crazy to me that it’s only 2 per cruise - we have 2 x 7 day B2Bs next year that would give us 4 meals in 14 days compared to 2 meals in 30 days.
I know we won’t starve but we prefer the Alfredo’s pizza to the Lido pizza, so having the option to eat more meals there would be nice.

1.  Search for cruises.

2. put in you cruise date range.

3.  select your ship only.

4. view cruises.

• Like 1

I’d love to see a tired number of casual (plus) and specialty (premier) dining included as follows:

1 - 5 nights   1

6 - 9 nights.  2

10 - 14 nights  3

15 - 27 nights  4

28 + nights   5

This would help incentivize purchasing plus/premier on longer voyages (especially premier) as the current allotment diminishes the package value add the longer the cruise gets. 

3 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I’d love to see a tired number of casual (plus) and specialty (premier) dining included as follows:

1 - 5 nights   1

6 - 9 nights.  2

10 - 14 nights  3

15 - 27 nights  4

28 + nights   5

This would help incentivize purchasing plus/premier on longer voyages (especially premier) as the current allotment diminishes the package value add the longer the cruise gets. 

NCL have that model(different numbers) for their speciality included in Free at sea, they also give an extra one if you book a balcony or above.

4 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

1 - 5 nights   1

6 - 9 nights.  2

10 - 14 nights  3

15 - 27 nights  4

28 + nights   5

As someone who just booked 4 night cruise, I would be happy with just the 1. I think that would be plenty pre-fixe, particularly on Crow Princess which seems to have less options for them. I'm not even 100% sure I'll be using both.

10 hours ago, MacMadame said:

I see a lot of people caring about the casual dining. Not the fitness classes (which I care about) but definitely the casual dining.

Though that's an argument for not giving them 2 per week since it's an enticement to upgrade to Premier. Oh well...

We almost always utilize Vines for lunch on sea days several times since we are not a big fan of the new lunch menu. Lately Vines has been open at 11:00 on those days and yes we have always been able to share one plate

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MacMadame said:

The Coral will have Alfredo’s and Salty Dog popup venues

12 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

1 - 5 nights   1

6 - 9 nights.  2

10 - 14 nights  3

15 - 27 nights  4

28 + nights   5

I'd be okay with that as I'm on a 16-nighter. 😄  But I think that doing it that way, even if fair would encourage buying Plus over Premier and I bet they make more money with Premier.

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

The Sun U.S. inaugural is a 5 night...  

I like the per-number of nights concept..  BUT 2 visits starting at 5 nights!!!!!

My idea is that you divide the number of nights by 7 to get how many "segments" it is even if it's not divided into segments officially. I haven't worked out the numbers though.