Viking Homeland excursions

Mad-39

12 minutes ago, duquephart said:

A cuckoo clock shop in Berlin? Better off missing it.

To each his own.  This particular shop had so many amazing clocks and special, made in Germany, trinkets. It was jam packed with people admiring all the hand made items.  I was really disappointed that we didn't have more time there!  Definitely not your typical souvenir shop but more of an artisans paradise.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lemondrops said:

To each his own.  This particular shop had so many amazing clocks and special, made in Germany, trinkets. It was jam packed with people admiring all the hand made items.  I was really disappointed that we didn't have more time there!  Definitely not your typical souvenir shop but more of an artisans paradise.

Have Oliver Zinapold in Triberg (https://www.olisschnitzstube.de/en/) make you a cuckoo clock. Then you will have an authentic/traditional/classic Black Forest cuckoo clock rather than some tourist tat.

image.jpeg

On 2/24/2024 at 8:15 PM, Hockeyump said:

'Someone said'.  I'm not a Viking cheerleader but I would like to see a copy of  this letter before making assumptions.

We’re on Viking Homelands, May ‘25 and we’ve been advised by letter (via our TA) that the port has changed to Tallin from Mariehamn.

15 minutes ago, Hobson1754 said:

We’re on Viking Homelands, May ‘25 and we’ve been advised by letter (via our TA) that the port has changed to Tallin from Mariehamn.

We are doing the same, but Aug '24.  I asked my TA to check if Mariehamn was changed to Tallin. He called Viking and they said no and it was just a rumor.  Perhaps it changes for the 2025 cruise, but unfortunately it doesn't appear so for mine.  I would have LOVED to go to Tallin. 

• Like 1

Has anyone used and taken a photo of the binoculars Viking provides on ocean cruises?  I hope to use them on the Fam railroad excursion. if they are good enough?

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, ustowas said:

Has anyone used and taken a photo of the binoculars Viking provides on ocean cruises?  I hope to use them on the Fam railroad excursion. if they are good enough?

Quite frankly, the VO binoculars are junk. Your phone’s camera on zoom is 100x better. The ones on the Expedition ship are of a much higher quality and size.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, ustowas said:

Is anyone doing the "Viking Homeland' on the Neptune May 3rd or 17 of 2024 and could do updates.

There might be a post for that date. Have you checked? 

34 minutes ago, ustowas said:

Is anyone doing the "Viking Homeland' on the Neptune May 3rd or 17 of 2024 and could do updates.

Sorry, I forgot to say, check the Viking roll calls for that date. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2024 at 2:25 PM, ChrisB123 said:

anyone doing the "Viking Homeland' on the Neptune May 3rd or 17 of 2024 and could do updates.

Reaching out to anyone doing the "Viking Homeland' on the Neptune May 3rd or 17 of 2024 and help us with updates and thing that have changed since 2022

• Thanks 1