Viking Homeland excursions

Mad-39

13 hours ago, JM0115 said:

Pulpit Rock cruise.

Gdańsk on Foot (Included), Behind Closed Doors at the Munch Museum (if you like art and Munch’s work), Flam RR or Voss, Geilo and Bergen RR. Just my opinion…there are many others and some places just wander on your own, after doing some studying of the port.

4 hours ago, ropomo said:

We really enjoyed the included walking tours in Talin and Stavanger.  

You went to Tallian, Estonia?  I've heard a number of people say their itinerary was changed from Mariehamn to Tallian but MVJ is still saying Mariehamn.  I'm not really picky, but Tallian sounds fascinating. 

Edited by ChrisB123
forgot to click follow

31 minutes ago, ChrisB123 said:

You went to Tallian, Estonia?  I've heard a number of people say their itinerary was changed from Mariehamn to Tallian but MVJ is still saying Mariehamn.  I'm not really picky, but Tallian sounds fascinating. 

It was eliminated when we went - all Gulf of Finland ports.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChrisB123 said:

If Tillan, Estonia was eliminated, that is a real shame. A beautiful city that still holds its medieval charms. The tour was very good, and the city is memorable.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mad-39 said:

I’m worried that with Rodne we may miss our ship departure. Looks like it’s leaving the port at 1:30!?

We are also on a May Homelands cruise leaving Stavanger at 1:30. I'm probably going to book the cruise with Viking to play it safe. Wish we were in port a bit longer though. Stavanger looks beautiful

22 hours ago, ChrisB123 said:

Viking told us that our April 2025 Homelands changed from Mariehamn to Tallinn about a month ago. Looking forward to seeing Tallinn. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If I skip the fjord cruise in Stavanger will I be able to see any other fjord’s on the homeland Viking cruise? Maybe from the actual ship on the day at sea on the way to Stockholm? I want to see Stavanger and there’s not enough time to do both. 

Edited by Mad-39
Added content

2 hours ago, amelia3171 said:

Viking told us that our April 2025 Homelands changed from Mariehamn to Tallinn about a month ago. Looking forward to seeing Tallinn. 

That's what I'm hoping for but MVJ still has Mariehamn. 

3 hours ago, amelia3171 said:

Consider this a winner! Have been to both places; Tallinn is definitely more interesting and a fascinating city, especially the walled Old Town. Don’t miss the tower. Enjoy!

• Like 2

Another vote for the Vasa Museum!  The Abba Museum is also nearby and that was fun if you like Abba - but the Vasa Museum was really fantastic.  It's been 5 years and I still think about it.  In Bergen be sure to take the Floibanen Funicular to the top of the mountain.  It's not that high up but you'll get an amazing view of Bergen and there are goats up there!  The ride down is one of the best parts so don't elect to walk.  We really enjoyed walking around Bergen and you can walk to the Funicular entrance pretty easily.  Oh, I loved our trip to Sweden and Norway - time of my life and I want to go back!!!

Best Billy Goats 2.jpeg

• Like 1