2 more years......

Guess what?  Only 2 more years till my next NCL cruise on the Aqua.  God willing I will boarding today February 22, 2026!  Please feel to check back for my semi-live report.  Will I be able to find cookies or hash browns?
Stay tuned!

Has anyone ever booked a cruise this far out?

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

38 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Guess what?  Only 2 more years till my next NCL cruise on the Aqua.  God willing I will boarding today February 22, 2026!  Please feel to check back for my semi-live report.  Will I be able to find cookies or hash browns?
Stay tuned!

Watch out.

Could be all you'll get is MRE's and soft serve by then.

😨

• Haha 3

I book most of my cruises that far out, whenever the itinerary is released. Being a solo cruiser, I need good rates. I have a 12 day out of NYC on the Breakaway scheduled for Feb 2026. But I also have 7 booked in the meantime! LOL

• Thanks 1

Jim and I usually book as soon as NCL posts new schedules.  It’s the safest way to get the cabins we want, and almost always for the cheapest rates.  Plus the happiness factor of anticipating the cruise!

Is your Breakaway cruise February 22, 2026?  We’re booked on that one!  Also looking at Oceana, which is just a bit more $ than NCL Haven, but their 2026 schedule for the Vista isn’t out, yet.  Might be worth it to fly to FL (air is included).  

6 minutes ago, PatJim said:

Is your Breakaway cruise February 22, 2026?  We’re booked on that one!  Also looking at Oceana, which is just a bit more $ than NCL Haven, but their 2026 schedule for the Vista isn’t out, yet.  Might be worth it to fly to FL (air is included).  

Yes, that's the one! This will be my first NYC cruise that isn't to Bermuda or the Bahamas.

2 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

Yes, that's the one! This will be my first NYC cruise that isn't to Bermuda or the Bahamas.

scratch that. I have done the Canada cruise out of NYC

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

I have a cruise on Celebrity booked for Jan of 26....that said, I have 2 more booked between now and then.  🙂

Same here - Celebrity for Jan 2026... 5 booked before then 😊

9 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

We’ve done E and S Caribbean cruises, so know most of these ports.  In fact, our November 2025 cruise on the Breakaway has the same itinerary.  We added the 2/26 cruise just to break up the Northeast winter 🥰

2 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Not that far out... but, I did book our May 18-25, 2025 Encore cruise on Jul 9th of 2023, or 677 days out.

We wanted an Aft-Facing PH with the large balcony, and there are only six.  With deck 12 being our preference, I chose the starboard side to have an opportunity to photograph the Ranger coming on board on our way into Glacier Bay.

My Encore cruise was booked about 1.6 years before my cruise while the ship was still under construction. My Epic cruise was booked about 9 months before sailing but it was under construction.  I will never forget when NCL let cruise critic board the Epic when it was leaving France for its first mini cruise and had all these reports from the ship.  I love the unknown aspect of a new ship especially since Aqua is a Prima-plus ship.   I booked it during Xmas so its really 2.2 years prior to sailing.

8 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Stay tuned!

My Alaska cruise was booked the day the itineraries were released which was probably close to 2 years out.

I booked my Viva cruise this past August for March '25. I tend to book my cruises way far out so I can pay it off over time as well as the drink packages, tips, and excursions.

Since we are particular about the cabin we book and usually see those cabins booked early, we like to book as soon as we find a cruise we want to do.  We’ve booked 2 years ahead several times.  My husband always says he hopes we are still alive then.  😳😳😳

I usually book 6-8 months out but in Feb. '22 I booked the Viva for 3/24....down to 30 days now!! Seems like I just booked it 6-8 months ago!! I did do a Bermuda cruise in the summer though so maybe that helped the time fly!

12 hours ago, LloydJr said:

You don't have to pay for any of that until 120 days out (drink and dining gratuities) or when you are on the ship (excursions and DSC).  Sure, if there is a "must do" excursion, go ahead and book that early.  Otherwise, why let NCL have your money interest free?  T-bills are paying over 5% now.

I'm disciplined enough to make monthly payments, but not disciplined enough to keep myself from spending it if it's there.

21 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Stay tuned!

We booked our NCL cruise to Norway and Iceland last year, and the cruise is in 2025.

On 2/22/2024 at 11:06 AM, david_sobe said:

Guess what?  Only 2 more years till my next NCL cruise on the Aqua. 

People go 2 years without going on a cruise?  That's a thing?  

JK.  I've gone longer between cruises as you can tell by my signature.  

Edited by jimsig
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, jimsig said:

People go 2 years without going on a cruise?  That's a thing?  

JK.  I've gone longer between cruises as you can tell by my signature.  

I used to cruise twice a year then once per year. With prices and other priorities its not as much anymore.  When I retire it could be much more again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

I used to cruise twice a year then once per year. With prices and other priorities its not as much anymore.  When I retire it could be much more again.

I hear ya.  Got to do what you can when you can do it.  

On 2/22/2024 at 10:06 AM, david_sobe said:

Stay tuned!

We did! March 22, 2026!

We splurged and booked the Aft suite with the massive balcony on Aqua.

A few trips before this, but none are cruises!

Happy waiting to you!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lemon bar said:

We did! March 22, 2026!

We splurged and booked the Aft suite with the massive balcony on Aqua.

A few trips before this, but none are cruises!

Happy waiting to you!

I board one month before you so be sure to come back for the review 😉

• Like 1