2 more years......

On 2/22/2024 at 6:23 PM, olemissreb said:

My Alaska cruise was booked the day the itineraries were released which was probably close to 2 years out.

I booked my Viva cruise this past August for March '25. I tend to book my cruises way far out so I can pay it off over time as well as the drink packages, tips, and excursions.

Good for you. Much better paying off early than charging it to a credit card at 20% interest.  Just be sure and watch for price drops.

Edited by RocketMan275

38 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Good for you. Much better paying off early than charging it to a credit card at 20% interest.  Just be sure and watch for price drops.

Always looking for price drops. Sadly I've never gotten one. Guess the times and itineraries I pick are just too popular. 😀

Just now, olemissreb said:

Always looking for price drops. Sadly I've never gotten one. Guess the times and itineraries I pick are just too popular. 😀

I'm about two out of three.  Almost always Caribbean cruises.   Those that didn't result in a price drop, booking early saved a ton of money on price increases.  For example, my Jan 25 cruise is up about 35%

Just now, RocketMan275 said:

I'm about two out of three.  Almost always Caribbean cruises.   Those that didn't result in a price drop, booking early saved a ton of money on price increases.  For example, my Jan 25 cruise is up about 35%

I think my March '25 cruise is up double digit % since I booked. I truly haven't checked in a while. That cruise is Southern Caribbean out of Puerto Rico.  I just love sailing from PR...it'll be my 3rd time doing that. Cruise is a different port every day that includes 4 that I haven't been to yet.

26 minutes ago, olemissreb said:

New ships under construction a price drop will never happen.  Its one of the few times that booking early saves you money. Once Aqua debuts many of the premier cabins and especially Haven cabins will go up in price.  Its almost not worth checking. My cruise is 2 years away and my Haven class of cabins is already sold out.

46 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

New ships under construction a price drop will never happen.  Its one of the few times that booking early saves you money. Once Aqua debuts many of the premier cabins and especially Haven cabins will go up in price.  Its almost not worth checking. My cruise is 2 years away and my Haven class of cabins is already sold out.

Booking early never costs  you money.

Price goes down, ask for price drop or FCC.

Price goes up, your golden.

I used to book about 18 months out.  I have had to cancel to many of them ( things come up).  I am now trying to book only 120-90 days out.  I haven't seen much of a price difference between booking when new itineraries come out, and 90 days out.  IMO, the only deference booking very early, you can get one of the better cabins.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Thunderbird19 said:

How do people know when a cruise line is releasing information about new cruises? 🫣

Check the cruise line and travel agency websites.

Read about here from somebody making a report.

Possibly look for news releases from the cruise lines.

26 minutes ago, Thunderbird19 said:

Thanks.  I will be on the look out!

Was wondering/hoping  if there was a loose schedule (i.e. new itineraries released every February!) which would of course make things easier.

I wish we had that, but I don't think anybody has ever reported a reliable pattern.  NCL seems to release itineraries 18 - 24 months out in my experience, but it's not reliable.  They tend to release by "season."  Think AK vs. Carribean.

2 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

We booked the Aqua the day it was announced. Booked one of the 3 bedroom duplex Haven suites. Can’t wait!!!

Me too.  I will be excited to see it. They are less expensive than an owners suite.  Its either going to be out of this world or meh.

5 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Me too.  I will be excited to see it. They are less expensive than an owners suite.  It’s either going to be out of this world or meh.

The renderings looks great. It’s definitely going to be “cozy” in the living room area as that appears to be tiny. But at least there is 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. 

5 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

The renderings looks great. It’s definitely going to be “cozy” in the living room area as that appears to be tiny. But at least there is 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. 

I think its only 2 bathrooms.  But there is one cruise site that does show a third bathroom. I could be wrong but does not the NCL site say 2 bathrooms?  I think the bedrooms upstairs share a bathroom.  I like the use of space.  Many RCCL suites have a similar layout but its loft style which takes up space for a high ceiling in the living room.  I wish they were aft. I always like to sail port side but this time I picked starboard because no slides on that side. 

28 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

I think its only 2 bathrooms.  But there is one cruise site that does show a third bathroom. I could be wrong but does not the NCL site say 2 bathrooms?  I think the bedrooms upstairs share a bathroom.  I like the use of space.  Many RCCL suites have a similar layout but its loft style which takes up space for a high ceiling in the living room.  I wish they were aft. I always like to sail port side but this time I picked starboard because no slides on that side. 

Almost certain it’s 3 bathrooms based on NCL’s photos and the general layout of the room. 

IMG_5931.thumb.webp.b983e979d4201fe52e7309c13505fe32.webpIMG_5932.thumb.webp.1dd1853e00c69b9e8da7f0a8be1aaa0e.webp

• Like 2

On 2/23/2024 at 9:20 PM, lemon bar said:

We did! March 22, 2026!

We splurged and booked the Aft suite with the massive balcony on Aqua.

A few trips before this, but none are cruises!

Happy waiting to you!

We actually decided to book the Haven - penthouse with balcony, one room. We looked at the rooms on Viva and they looked very nice. The price difference between the Aft suite and the Haven entry-level room was miniscule, so we upgraded. 🙂

still two years away though! 😂

Edited by lemon bar
  • Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 8:06 AM, david_sobe said:

Has anyone ever booked a cruise this far out?

I have a company perk of a sabbatical every five years, so I get to plan an epic (no pun intended) family vacation with lots of advance notice.  I booked our July 2025 Viva cruise in February of '23

The upside is I get to spend lots of time researching, planning and dreaming of how we'll get to the cruise, where we'll go before we depart, and how we'll do three weeks in Europe without our normal gigantic suitcases.  The downside is the waiting... 

For me, having a big trip on the books makes slogging though a dreary Seattle winter day bearable.