Included Drinks

LoveChops

Hello

Could someone currently on Azamara Quest please let me know what beers are included without upgrading to either Premium or Ultimate Packages.

I am looking for things like Sam Adams or any IPAs.

Thank you for your help - trying to decide if my husband needs to upgrade as well!

This was posted by excitedofharpenden (Phil) in 2020. However what's available will probably be dependent on where you are sailing and what's available when they provision. I wouldn't expect anything good to be included in the non elevated package.

I've attached a downloadable PDF of the current AZ website's beverage packages with included brands ...of course subject to substitution.

AZstandarddrinks2020.jpeg.71c99fff8834409bdc7ca4754d3dde81.jpeg

AZ beverage-packages.pdf

Edited by ChucktownSteve

4 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Depends what you like - spirits are fine for me

Agree, it all comes down to personal choice. It would probably be fine for my Wife to be honest, she will happily drink gin & tonic or Bud. But the brandy & whisky options are both poor, and I wouldn't enjoy any of those beers.  

I've never seen an IPA, even with the ultimate package.

Azamara does allow you to bring as much of your own onboard as you like, when you embark or at any port you stop at; that may be something to think about doing.

7 minutes ago, laurieb said:

I've never seen an IPA, even with the ultimate package.

Azamara does allow you to bring as much of your own onboard as you like, when you embark or at any port you stop at; that may be something to think about doing.

Well, there was a time when Boddingtons Bitter featured on the 'extras' list. But it wasn't available on our last two, possibly three cruises - so since mid–2022.

Boddingtons is, of course, a pale ale, but I am not sure it is an IPA. 

6 minutes ago, blag said:

Well, there was a time when Boddingtons Bitter featured on the 'extras' list. But it wasn't available on our last two, possibly three cruises - so since mid–2022.

Boddingtons is, of course, a pale ale, but I am not sure it is an IPA. 

Huge difference between British pale ales and American IPAs.  As with most things American we took an idea and ran with it:  add hops to preserve the brew on the sea voyage to India?  Why not add even more?  And more?  The names are often a tipoff:  "hop bomb"

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Huge difference between British pale ales and American IPAs.  As with most things American we took an idea and ran with it:  add hops to preserve the brew on the sea voyage to India?  Why not add even more?  And more?  The names are often a tipoff:  "hop bomb"

Digressing! The history of IPA is not necessarily as simple as it might seem. Although much of British beer was not 'hopped' in the 18th and 19th centuries, the preservative properties of hops were known and used in beers for many* years before IPA. In fact, IPA was a designation of a type of beer that had existed for decades before.

*The Belgians were using hops in beers a millennium earlier. 

Any thread discussing the meaning & history of IPA never ends well in my experience.  I am very passionate about beer but will never argue about IPA's, it's just not worth it. 😂

I am accustomed to being disappointed by the beers offered on cruise ships, logistics dictates they can't carry a huge range. I go with low expectations so if I'm pleasantly surprised then all the better.  

• Like 4

A few follow up questions if anyone can help. (This is my first cruise ever, so please bear with me if these are silly questions)

The wines that are included change? I know it said 2 white, 2 red, a rose and a sparkling. We are not big drinkers but I keep noticing the wines are not listed on the included drinks.

Do they ask which drink package we have when we order? Or how do we avoid having them make something extra and charge us?

Oh one more thing, I am seeing conflicting reports about the mini-bar. We are in an obstructed ocean view, are the mini-bar alcoholic drinks included? Or only the soda/water?

Okay two more things, how bad is the line for coffee in the mornings at Mosaic?

Edited by TravelTodayAC

6 hours ago, TravelTodayAC said:

A few follow up questions if anyone can help. (This is my first cruise ever, so please bear with me if these are silly questions)

The wines that are included change? I know it said 2 white, 2 red, a rose and a sparkling. We are not big drinkers but I keep noticing the wines are not listed on the included drinks.

Do they ask which drink package we have when we order? Or how do we avoid having them make something extra and charge us?

Oh one more thing, I am seeing conflicting reports about the mini-bar. We are in an obstructed ocean view, are the mini-bar alcoholic drinks included? Or only the soda/water?

Okay two more things, how bad is the line for coffee in the mornings at Mosaic?

The wines do not change on the cruise unless there are shortages.

Yes they check which package you have, when ordering something not included in the standard package. You will be asked to present your room key card.

I think that suites include a small selection of spirits, but (AFAIK) this in not included in your category.

The line for Mosaic: it depends on what time you go, but I have never seen a queue. Maybe two or three waiting, maximum. There is a drinks station in Windows. 

In room mini-bar. Seems the booze has  disappeared completely. The soft drinks are included, and you can request what you want, ie tonic water and coke, but no sprite... They are extremely accommodating. I'm not a big beer drinker, I believe it's Becks, Heineken, Bud Lite, and Millers (?). Good luck for the rest.

• Like 1