Trouble navigating the new requirements for Brazil evisa?

Shipland

I am at my wits end for applying for an e-visa for our upcoming 4/20/24 trip into Brazil. Effective 4/10/24 there will be new country requirements to enter.  We have submitted everything requested and they are still not happy.  Celebrity didn't notify us about the new requirement until earlier this month.  If you go through the service provider they listed it will cost almost $600.00 in addition to the fees for the visa. (80.90)pp.  Anyone else have suggestions 🤔

Shipland

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  There are several places here that you should be researching this situation.  First, there are boards here for most of the cruise lines.  You can ask this on the Celebrity board.  I think there may have been threads there about it.  Also, there is a section called ROLL CALLS.  This is where someone on a cruise starts a thread where other CC members on that sailing can join in and discuss the cruise.  Likely there is a Roll Call for your sailing.  To find your Roll Call, go back to the Main boards page, scroll down to Roll Calls, select Cala duty, then your ship, and s roll down looking for a thread with the dates for your cruise.  Lastly, there is the Ports of Call section which will have an area covering Brazil.  EM

The roll call for your Eclipse cruise on 4/20/24 is the first on in the Eclipse roll calls, with 7 pages and 162 comments.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom

On 2/23/2024 at 4:19 PM, Shipland said:

I am at my wits end for applying for an e-visa for our upcoming 4/20/24 trip into Brazil. Effective 4/10/24 there will be new country requirements to enter.  We have submitted everything requested and they are still not happy.  Celebrity didn't notify us about the new requirement until earlier this month.  If you go through the service provider they listed it will cost almost $600.00 in addition to the fees for the visa. (80.90)pp.  Anyone else have suggestions 🤔

Shipland

Been there, done that.  We needed the Brazil e-visa (and then we didn't) for our January Viking cruise.  We applied on day 1 and within 2 weeks we were able to obtain the visa.  However, most on our roll call were not able to obtain the visa.  

My advice to you is not to go through a 3rd party ($$$).  They are dealing with the same bureaucracy as you and they definitely won't be able to get it any faster than you can get it.  Not only that, but all the uploads you forward to the visa provider, you will just have to do the same for the 3rd party so they can forward them to the visa provider.

Stick with it.  It might take a few more weeks, but you're further ahead by starting the process now.  

Gosh, I recall going through getting a visa for Brazil on a trip we took just before they adopted the evisa. It was an expensive PITA then.  I'm sorry to hear their evisa process has issues.   

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sandiego1 said:

Check TheInsideCabin.com or his blog on the HAL CC site. He has advice on how to submit the application.

This is great advice!  He helped a lot of the HAL World Cruise people with his blog.  

• Thanks 1

We are also having lots of issues getting our visas for April 20th cruise. After trying on our own we finally went with VisaHQ and although we still do not have the visas, at least we can speak to someone who actually helped us. After 3 weeks our application has once again been sent to the Brazilian government for acceptance. We’ll see. They keep asking for the same documents over and over. We are considering canceling the cruise. 

11 hours ago, carterandroxanne said:

We are also having lots of issues getting our visas for April 20th cruise. After trying on our own we finally went with VisaHQ and although we still do not have the visas, at least we can speak to someone who actually helped us. After 3 weeks our application has once again been sent to the Brazilian government for acceptance. We’ll see. They keep asking for the same documents over and over. We are considering canceling the cruise. 

My husband and I are currently on our way to seek other options.  I can no longer deal with the sleepless nights worrying about this.  This time we tried Fed Ex, took their passport pictures and had them download it onto a flash drive.  We shall see tomorrow?  

Hopefully we'll see you on the cruise. 

Shipland

We finally received both emails this evening that our E-Visas were approved!  We were having issues with them accepting our photos they requested with the specific mega pixels.  We went to FedEx and took passport pictures and had them downloaded to a thumb drive FedEx provided at cost.  Also, on the thumb drive the pics will be a PNG file and I  changed it to a JPG file on my computer and sent it in that format.  Have FedEx show you the pic and use the cropped picture.  I hope that helps anyone with picture issues.  That seem to be the key for us.

Relieved and looking forward to this back 2 back 2 back!

See you on the ship!

Shipland 

• Like 1