Maleth confirms end of P&O partnership

minsterman

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

I thought the Tui charters were leaving from the South terminal with all other Tui flights.

Definitely in 2020, 2021 and 2022 went from North terminal. We use the hotel connected directly to the terminal and its out the door, up the escalator and check in to the right.  My cruise personaliser for January also states North but we are still on TUI.  

That said the seat selection is apparently currently not working for the New Year Britannia flights.  I have friends trying to select seats and after staying up literally all night following receipt of the email saying opens 00:01 they have been told that it's broken and keep trying until Wednesday.

10 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Definitely in 2020, 2021 and 2022 went from North terminal. We use the hotel connected directly to the terminal and its out the door, up the escalator and check in to the right.  My cruise personaliser for January also states North but we are still on TUI.  

That said the seat selection is apparently currently not working for the New Year Britannia flights.  I have friends trying to select seats and after staying up literally all night following receipt of the email saying opens 00:01 they have been told that it's broken and keep trying until Wednesday.

I don't think PO need new staff or ships but a new IT department .......

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I don't think PO need new staff or ships but a new IT department .......

Apparently it doesn't work Sundays either!  My friend asked why Wednesday and was told well they aren't working tomorrow because as you know we don't open on Sunday.

On 9/20/2023 at 8:20 AM, Megabear2 said:

Thanks to all who have posted.  Out of interest I asked which ship the affected passengers are/were sailing on - my gut says Arvia - could I kindly ask if people would mind confirming this please?  I know ICF is definitely on Arvia for instance but no idea on the other folks plans.

I've just seen this thread and am only on page 3. In answer to your question (which may have been answered in the following pages) we're on Arvia on 20/1/24 and our flight details are showing as TUI flight 10 LGW to BGI and 11 home. TUI dreamliners have a decent seat pitch so would be gutted if these were changed. 

Oh hang on just seen post #197. No e mail as yet so hope its still TUI.

Edited by doog442
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Thedonkeycentrehalf said:

We were booking for the Caribbean today for a February holiday so thankful for seeing this thread as it confirmed my decision about which day to fly out on.  We are now booked on a TUI flight and managed to get PE which was a surprise as I thought the availability for that would have long gone.

Our travel agent told us that she had been very busy over the last few days with people unhappy at this change to Maleth on some flights.

If you don't mind me asking but how did you manage to book seats / PE. We're flying to the Caribbean in January and are told we can't book seats until 14 weeks before departure on the flight seat booker. Flights showing as TUI as post above.

thank you for all your comments.   this is what we can see on our account.  Unlike Kevcharben's  account update which i note  includes the terminal.  On ours  - P&O have not updated what terminal and I am guessing this is to do with their 'new' partnership with MALETH AERO.  They are probably figuring it out.  However, thanks for the advise about using the transport at the airport.  good to know. 

I tried to call P&O yesterday and think I must have spoken to an AI otherwise it was a very abrupt woman with no telephone manners or clue.  I asked what terminal and she kept repeating to look at my account and when i pointed out it doesn't stipulate there  asked if i even booked a cruise with P&O? LOL.  We are going to call again tomorrow and hopefully get a voice belonging to a real human. 

LONDON GATWICK (LGW)

2 December 2023 - 09:30

MALETH AERO

Flight 1103

ANTIGUA (ANU)

2 December 2023 - 14:45

Edited by Poppywillow

56 minutes ago, doog442 said:

If you don't mind me asking but how did you manage to book seats / PE. We're flying to the Caribbean in January and are told we can't book seats until 14 weeks before departure on the flight seat booker. Flights showing as TUI as post above.

You can ring either your travel agent or P&O and pay the money (too mcuh for what you get in my view), then 14 weeks before you can pick your seat.

• Thanks 1

I have booked a hotel but I want to know the terminal so I can book a lounge.  I rang P&O and was also told to look on my personaliser or the area where you book seats.  The info is not on my account and I can’t access the seat booking page.  Hoping for clarification soon 

• Like 1

On the FB site for our cruise there has been lots of very unhappy peopleregarding the change of airline, some have even cancelled their cruise saying they will not fly on this airline due to no premium economy seats or entertainment, this seems to be affecting Manchester, Birmingham & Gatwick although ours is still showing TUI so not sure whats happening, it does seem that P & O might have dropped a clanger with this airline as im sure many people wont book with them in the future.

• Like 1

When I see the costs people are being asked to pay for Premium Economy I start to think not having it as an option will actually do lots of people a big favour!!

(Not all as I do realise some people need it for medical or physical reasons)

IMO for what you get the price makes the extortionate price of Wi-Fi and dairy milks on P and O almost seem value for money all of a sudden! Lol

And my thoughts are those seats when they are still available should actually just be called Premium seats 

As they don't deserve to retain the word Economy in the description at those prices

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

20 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

When I see the costs people are being asked to pay for Premium Economy I start to think not having it as an option will actually do lots of people a big favour!!

Really, if people didn't want to pay the prices asked then they would't, ever heard of supply and demand. Why are people up in arms when PE is not available. You really are beginning to sound like a broken record pushing your opinions and disputing other peoples.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

In fairness reading the trade papers they had little to no choice on this occasion.  The interesting thing will be what happens going forward.  Do they continue to provide charters or do they go the way of other lines and say well it's all too difficult to get the planes so we will sell you a flight to go with the cruise, putting the fare up by doing so.

Cunard used to offer flights with their transatlantic and fly cruises.  Not anymore you pay to add them on.

If the only planes available are with these secondary airlines and people don't want travel on them what would you have them do?

Having done fly cruises with Celebrity we know just how expensive that can get too. Having said that I do feel for fellow cruisers and their disappointment re the flights if they had anticipated something special.  If we had to fly economy no extra legroom room we would have had to cancel due to hubby's height and issues with his knee and back. We would have been gutted.

26 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Really, if people didn't want to pay the prices asked then they would't, ever heard of supply and demand. Why are people up in arms when PE is not available. You really are beginning to sound like a broken record pushing your opinions and disputing other peoples.

Even people who like to use Premium Economy on here have commented it's very expensive for what you get??

Am I wrong?

It's certainly no longer economy in any sense of the word?

I believe the price is exorbitant. Same as Wi-Fi costs. But that's only my opinion. I accept. 

If the new planes still offer extra legroom seats it will be interesting to see the cost for those without the other extras

And I sympathise as I did in my original post with people who need Premium Economy seats for height and physical reasons and have to pay the extra

It's like me having to pay for Wi-Fi. Some need it on board and I think we are being exploited as well 

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

24 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

As I've said above if there were no extra legroom seats we wouldn't have been able to go due to hubby's height and issues with his knee and back. Unless this sort of thing affects you you may not think of it. I'm OK as I am short and it probably wouldn't affect me the same at all. Having said.that ...for my first 9 hr flight I am anxious anyway and feel like I need to feel that I have space to move around. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Presto2 said:

As I've said above if there were no extra legroom seats we wouldn't have been able to go due to hubby's height and issues with his knee and back. Unless this sort of thing affects you you may not think of it. I'm OK as I am short and it probably wouldn't affect me the same at all. Having said.that ...for my first 9 hr flight I am anxious anyway and feel like I need to feel that I have space to move around. 

Is it almost discriminatory against tall people to impose such high prices for these seats

What about disabled people who need more space

I really do sympathise with the fact some people have no choice but to pay these prices to be able to fly in the first place

1 minute ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Is it almost discriminatory against tall people to impose such high prices for these seats

I really do sympathise with the fact some people have no choice but to pay these prices to be able to fly in the first place

To be fair we have chosen to fly PE as it is a special cruise for us but another time we would only be able to go if we could have extra legroom seats .. no PE service. To be fair to any cruise  or airline they sort that one would be like mission impossible. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Imagine having to pay nearly £600 in economy just for a short British Airways flight from Manchester to Heathrow and back. Flying out on a Monday flew back on a Wednesday. Was glad I had a friend who could give me benefits so cost way less.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, carlanthony24 said:

Imagine having to pay nearly £600 in economy just for a short British Airways flight from Manchester to Heathrow and back. Flying out on a Monday flew back on a Wednesday. Was glad I had a friend who could give me benefits so cost way less.

Had no idea the flight surcharges had reached this price in recent years?

Ive always know business class and first class were super super expensive 

I imagined it was about 50 pounds per person per flight for Premium Economy. I'm sure it used to be?

So it's not just on the cruise flights that people are being charged so much for Premium Economy?

18 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

I imagined it was about 50 pounds per person per flight for Premium Economy. I'm sure it used to be?

So it's not just on the cruise flights that people are being charged so much for Premium Economy?

BA now seem to offer economy plus. Instead of just economy. Dummy booking just standard economy return flight coming up at £403.05. If I chose economy plus its coming up £684.05. The difference I can see economy allows only hand luggage compared to economy plus you can check in 1 hold bag and a free seat selection.

Edited by carlanthony24

16 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Time to move with the times, my friend. I need a roundtrip LHR to Miami mid March.  BA and Virgin currently have a sale so these are reduced fares.

BA economy £645.61 premium £1366.61

Virgin economy £553.61 premium £964.61

I can push the BA one up by using better timed flights, the economy roughly the same but premium can rise to £2366.  Virgin, stopping premium I can get up to £1,300.

This is 14.3.2024 out 21.3.2024 back with 1 23kg bag no flexibility.

• Like 1