Maleth confirms end of P&O partnership

minsterman

According to the other social site….More Maleth flights delayed….

man-bgi delayed 12 hours (although I can’t actually see any Maleth flight out of Man today which is slightly more concerning) and the LGW-ANU delayed 4 hours.

It also appears that a group of passengers on Arvia grouped together to complain about flying back on Maleth. Not sure how far they got!  

32 minutes ago, Glitterati said:

man-bgi delayed 12 hours (although I can’t actually see any Maleth flight out of Man today which is slightly more concerning) and the LGW-ANU delayed 4 hours.

It also appears that a group of passengers on Arvia grouped together to complain about flying back on Maleth. Not sure how far they got!  

Might the delays be caused by the weather? There are numerous weather warnings in force for strong winds. 

• Like 1

Below are a couple of screenshots from FlightRadar24 showing details of flights by Maleth Aero flights  DB1974 & DB1975 (MAN-BGI & BGI-MAN respectively) for yesterday 29th Dec 2023. Both flights show delayed departures.

The registration number of this aircraft is 9H-EFS  and it landed at MAN this morning at 10.01am. This is the same aircraft that collected the passengers from Bermuda after they were diverted there over Christmas and brought them back to Manchester.

A well known online cruise travel agent had on sale at 1300 yesterday, a 14nt Arvia cruise Antigua -Antigua, departing on 30 Dec 2023, at an attractive reduced rate, with flights from Manchester.

We were tempted but decided not to as, although no flight details were given on the TA's website, the online departures board for MAN airport showed a Maleth Aero flight DB1105 MAN-ANU scheduled for 0930 today(30th) and it would have been too much of a mad rush!

I  checked the online departures board this morning at 0900 and the flight was showing a 2200 departure today.

A further check just now shows the same flight scheduled for 1430 but now CANCELLED.

I'm at a loss as to what is going on?

20231230_111119.jpg

20231230_111050.jpg

20231230_111158.jpg

2nd edit....

FlightRadar24 now showing Maleth Aero flight DB1105 scheduled 1230 today MAN-ANU (but delayed!) The aircraft flying has registration 9H-BFS which is the same aircraft that was diverted to Bermuda and that we flew on BGI-MAN on 10 Nov.

Screenshot_20231230-112929_Flightradar24.thumb.jpg.26b409d544e8b3064c32938b5d8525aa.jpg

• Like 1

Was reading on the Arvia FB page that the Maleth flight from Gatwick had been switched to Heathrow and was now a Virgin flight !!!!!,  not sure the excat flight but someone was moaning re car parking and hotels booked for the wrong airport, apparantly this was caused by Maleth being 2 aircraft short.

Do you think P & O had wished they had never heard of Maleth ?????

23 minutes ago, Cash123 said:

Was reading on the Arvia FB page that the Maleth flight from Gatwick had been switched to Heathrow and was now a Virgin flight !!!!!,  not sure the excat flight but someone was moaning re car parking and hotels booked for the wrong airport, apparantly this was caused by Maleth being 2 aircraft short.

Do you think P & O had wished they had never heard of Maleth ?????

It happens all the time, not just to Maleth, but the smaller the airline, the more of a problem it is.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Glitterati said:

LGW-ANA departed 2hrs 18mins late arriving just over an hour late. The MAN-ANA departed  2hrs 45 mins late arriving with a 2hr 30min ish delay. Antigua currently has flow restrictions which may have impacted its departure and if Oceanic have any restrictions going on.

One of the people keeps making posts constantly to be honest a few are saying it was bad but also others saying they were perfectly happy and the guy that is complaining apparently has not been on the flight at all.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

LGW-ANA departed 2hrs 18mins late arriving just over an hour late. The MAN-ANA departed  2hrs 45 mins late arriving with a 2hr 30min ish delay. Antigua currently has flow restrictions which may have impacted its departure and if Oceanic have any restrictions going on.

One of the people keeps making posts constantly to be honest a few are saying it was bad but also others saying they were perfectly happy and the guy that is complaining apparently has not been on the flight at all.

I’ve seen very mixed reviews. It appears some of the aircraft are in better condition than others. Some food I’ve seen looks fine, some looks inedible.

Delays are not unusual in air travel so that isn’t the biggest issue for me. 

I just think there needs to be some consistency across the flights offered if everyone is paying the same fare 

1 hour ago, Glitterati said:

I’ve seen very mixed reviews. It appears some of the aircraft are in better condition than others. Some food I’ve seen looks fine, some looks inedible.

Delays are not unusual in air travel so that isn’t the biggest issue for me. 

I just think there needs to be some consistency across the flights offered if everyone is paying the same fare 

The food should be pretty consistent surely? 

Hard for same airline to offer food that looks fine and then inedible? 

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

9 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

I doubt it. it will depend on where the catering has come from. Ie Gatwick/Manchester. Could use different caterers. I’ve seen some people receive trays with a meal, crackers, cheese and a pudding, and others with a foil takeout tray of food and a flapjack. 

8 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

It should be, but it doesn't appear to be. Reports of different levels of service on the flights - some got more than one drink whereas others only one; some passengers have said the meal was fine, others have said not and inedible; and one passenger has said there was no vegetarian option for them. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, CarlaMarie said:

It should be, but it doesn't appear to be. Reports of different levels of service on the flights - some got more than one drink whereas others only one; some passengers have said the meal was fine, others have said not and inedible; and one passenger has said there was no vegetarian option for them. 

Have read this thread with interest as we are trying to decided if we should book for the Caribbean for 2025. (We haven't been for 2024 yet but we think we will love it!).

Have reflected on our flights in the past and the various carriers. (The answers are below 😉 )

One has been amazing and we have never had a major delay - at most 30 minutes - and we have used them the most. We did have an aborted landing though due to high winds that freaked me out.

One we have used quite a lot, but once had a flight that was delayed for about 4 / 5 hours - the plane we were supposed to be on had a problem and they had to fly another one in from Germany to take us to the Canary Islands. Same carrier who once served me a veggie meal for some reason --- tbh it was nice. We also had an aborted landing at the end of this one so to say the flight was memorable is an understatement.

One we had used a lot and once we had a major delay due to an engine issue. The pilot could have flown to pick us up but as we were in Lapland he chose to err on the side of caution and wait until the next day which meant that we were stranded in Lapland (in a lovely hotel) over night. He stood at the exit to apologise for making us late and everyone applauded him and thanked him. Great company.

One who we have only used once and the service and meal was terrible. The 'meal' was half a sandwich and a cup of water. Staff miserable and condescending. Would never fly with them again.

One who was excellent but we had one delay in Cyprus and had to wait for an hour for take off.

I suppose what I am trying to say is that issues can happen with all air lines. I wonder if the poor publicity that Maleth Aero had in the beginning has made everyone look at them through a magnifying glass so no issue is being over looked. (If you get me). No airline is perfect and most, thankfully, are very good or better. 

Re the airlines above:

A :  Jet2     (Now let's all persuade P&O to use them to fly to their cruises 😉 )

B :  Thomson / TUI

C :  Monarch

D British Airways

E :  Excel

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Re the airlines above:

A :  Jet2     (Now let's all persuade P&O to use them to fly to their cruises 😉 )

B :  Thomson / TUI

C :  Monarch

D British Airways

E :  Excel

If only Jet2 had the aircraft for Long haul. Even if they went after A321Neo LR people would moan that the aircraft is not suitable even though the likes of JetBlue, SAS to name a few use them for transatlantic flights. Jet2 tend to use 2-3 from Air Tanker for the summer season. People will moan again because it has no in flight entertainment and they use A330 same has Maleth. I wonder how many people have not heard of Air Tanker and would think its bad till they find out the operate military, government flights. 

TUI have had good and bad flights with them, been delayed 12hrs on the 767 flying to Florida had to wait for replacement aircraft that had no in flight entertainment.Been delayed on other flights with them to join the ship and food at times not the best and cramped leg room. 

Monarch before they went bust. They should of been getting the 737 Max which would of been the start of long haul coming back reintroducing New York would of been the first route. That would of had no in flight entertainment and leg room would not of been the best. 

Only flown BA short haul and found service to be very good. Excel never flown with. You also have the likes of Titan who only have one A330 in the fleet which was a cargo conversion. The website however mentions three wonder if they use Air Tanker if needs be.

Edited by carlanthony24
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

If only Jet2 had the aircraft for Long haul. Even if they went after A321Neo LR people would moan that the aircraft is not suitable even though the likes of JetBlue, SAS to name a few use them for transatlantic flights. Jet2 tend to use 2-3 from Air Tanker for the summer season. People will moan again because it has no in flight entertainment and they use A330 same has Maleth. I wonder how many people have not heard of Air Tanker and would think its bad till they find out the operate military, government flights. 

TUI have had good and bad flights with them, been delayed 12hrs on the 767 flying to Florida had to wait for replacement aircraft that had no in flight entertainment.Been delayed on other flights with them to join the ship and food at times not the best and cramped leg room. 

Monarch before they went bust. They should of been getting the 737 Max which would of been the start of long haul coming back reintroducing New York would of been the first route. That would of had no in flight entertainment and leg room would not of been the best. 

Only flown BA short haul and found service to be very good. Excel never flown with. You also have the likes of Titan who only have one A330 in the fleet which was a cargo conversion. The website however mentions three wonder if they use Air Tanker if needs be.

The last flight we did with Monarch was on a brand new plane - it was a joke at the time as the pilot was so excited and told us we were the first passengers to fly on it. He was like a child with a new toy.  It even had that 'new car' smell. The pilot also shared the good news that his co pilot was new too --- didn't go down well as there has just been an incident where a co pilot has flown his plane in to the mountains because he was feeling upset. Boy did the landing get a good round of applause! Looking back it was a beautiful aircraft. Wonder who purchased those new ones from Monarch?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

The last flight we did with Monarch was on a brand new plane - it was a joke at the time as the pilot was so excited and told us we were the first passengers to fly on it. He was like a child with a new toy.  It even had that 'new car' smell. The pilot also shared the good news that his co pilot was new too --- didn't go down well as there has just been an incident where a co pilot has flown his plane in to the mountains because he was feeling upset. Boy did the landing get a good round of applause! Looking back it was a beautiful aircraft. Wonder who purchased those new ones from Monarch?

The only new plane we got was a 737-800 from Pegasus which is now with Nordwind. Depending when you went. I think the max went to the likes of TUI. Some of the Airbus fleet went to Thomas cook, Titan, Jet2, a company in Greece had a few.

Edited by carlanthony24

14 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

The only new plane we got was a 737-800 from Pegasus which is now with Nordwind. Depending when you went. I think the max went to the likes of TUI. Some of the Airbus fleet went to Thomas cook, Titan, Jet2, a company in Greece had a few.

Ohhh have to put this right ---- it was Thomas Cook not Monarch with the new plane !

Monarch was the one where the pilot refused to fly.

Thought I'd put the record straight

😉

• Like 1