Your Time Dining - same server?

Hello,

We've booked Your Time Dining because the early seating was full (we're on a wait list). We really enjoy having the same server each night. Can we request them with Your Time Dining? If so, assuming we wouldn't be able to check in via the app? We're going to be on the Celebration if it makes a difference.

All insight appreciated. Thanks!

Jennifer 

You can always check in on the app, and then go to the check-in stand at the front of the restaurant and ask to be put in the same section as last night.

On Celebration there are several restaurants that are included as part of YTD so you may not want to eat in the MDR every night.

• Like 2

Incidentally it's been my experience for the past several cruises that if at all possible, assuming you check in at around the same time each night - they put you in the same section by default without needing to ask. But - never hurts to stop by the desk and double-check to make sure if it's important to you.

My default feeling is "I'd like to be in the same section but I don't want to wait longer to make it happen" so I don't stop by the desk personally.

• Like 2

We just ask for the same table or team and had no problem. There were also occasions where the service was so slow that we asked for another section if they tried to give us the the same team. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zigzaggery said:

Hello,

We've booked Your Time Dining because the early seating was full (we're on a wait list). We really enjoy having the same server each night. Can we request them with Your Time Dining? If so, assuming we wouldn't be able to check in via the app? We're going to be on the Celebration if it makes a difference.

All insight appreciated. Thanks!

Jennifer 

As mentioned below - on Celebration several other restaurants are included with YTD - so make sure to look into those if you're interested in venturing outside the dining room.

20 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

Slightly different scenario: can I request NOT to be put in a certain area? I cruise and dine solo. I was put in an area I did not like every night-basically a narrow walk thru. 

yes, just stop by the desk on the way in

• Thanks 1

On 2/24/2024 at 8:26 AM, Butterbean1000 said:

We requested the same server for a party of 6 for the entire 7 day cruise.  I think the servers prefer this.  They get to know you.

They prefer it because you're more likely to tip them extra at the end of the cruise vs. if you had different servers every night.

On 2/24/2024 at 9:32 AM, mz-s said:

Incidentally it's been my experience for the past several cruises that if at all possible, assuming you check in at around the same time each night - they put you in the same section by default without needing to ask. But - never hurts to stop by the desk and double-check to make sure if it's important to you.

My default feeling is "I'd like to be in the same section but I don't want to wait longer to make it happen" so I don't stop by the desk personally.

We were put in the same section with the same servers the last time we sailed.  We did not request it.  We were usually put at a great table at the window...the best table we've ever gotten.  I have to admit I was a little disappointed the nights we didn't get that table.  The servers were great and we did tip them extra at the end.

I realize being a solo diner I don’t have much choice but every night they’d put me at one of the 3-4 tables for 2 they had in like a hallway leading to big room. Not only did I feel closed in but I had to constantly signal to be waited on. There were tables for 4 across from me that came in after me and were being served before I even had my Order taken. ONE night I was seated in the “big area” and had awesome servers. I vowed this coming cruise (3/25 and also 5/6 and 5/2025) I wouldn’t put up with that again. I’ve been Diamond for about 10 cruises. I’m shy so it’s hard for me to speak up but I have to!