Cabin across from elevator noise

COCKYMARK

We were in an outside cabin just around the corner from the elevator and heard nothing. But on another cruise, where we were down the hall, I heard people who were just a few doors from the elevator bank complaining they heard the "bing" all night long! So, your mileage may vary...

Yes, depends on the cruise line, the volume of the "Bing" and the sound proofing.

We sail Viking almost exclusively and we have been near the elevators and never heard anything.

I think a bigger concern for a lot of folks are the ones that let their cabin door slam shut.

In our experience this has never been an issue, and is in fact usually a desirable location in terms of ease of getting around the ship.

Most elevator banks are in and away from the staterooms on either side towards the center of the ship.  Most staterooms are down a hallway and separated by walls and some distance from the elevators, which are also typically in their own hallway or setback.  And their ding is usually rather quiet.  Also the staterooms are individually well sound insulated.

Point being I doubt you will hear anything from the elevator banks - we never have.

Noise at elevator banks is more likely to be chatter from the people getting off.  However, sometimes you do hear that ding.  We had cabin 9058 on Celebrity Infinity and I kept hearing that elevator ding.  But it was strange, as we were pretty far from the forward elevators.  But right across from us was a service area.  One time I exited the cabin and the door was open…and there was a service elevator in there.  The source of the mystery ding.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Haha 1