When to book excursions

mfs2k

Can you book Carnival excursions before you make the final cruise payment?

I know the benefits of booking excursions early. Are there any reasons not to ? 
Also, while we’re here, can you make dinner reservations in specialty restaurants before final payment is made?  Do you prepay for the dinners or are you charged the night you eat ?

Some excursions - especially in Europe/Alaska can book up quickly so it is best to book them if they are a must do for you. 

And yes you can make all sorts of reservations, dining, spa, etc. before final payment. The dinner reservations aren't just a reservation they are upfront payment of the meal. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

Can you book Carnival excursions before you make the final cruise payment?

I know the benefits of booking excursions early. Are there any reasons not to ? 

You can book Carnival excursions whenever you want.  The one downside of booking them early is that you have to pay for them when you book - you can't add them to the total bill for the cruise and paying them along with the final payment.  If you have OBC, you can use it for them.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Also the prices may go up.  I was thinking about booking some excursions and a week later the prices were $5-$10 more pp.  Also the transportation to the airport was $10 more pp.

noticed the same thing for my cruise next week. excursions now is a little more money then when i booked it many months ago 

I say book early.  We are a group of 8 and even though we booked our excursions like 3 months in advance some of the excursions we wanted to book were already sold out.  Especially if you are in a large group or there is limited number of participants.  

• Like 1

Book everything u MIGHT want ASAP... I have discovered that you can get a full refund later if you change your mind. I also noticed that some of the more fun cooking classes opened up within 3 weeks of the sailing so check back frequently. Those ones get booked up immediately.

A long time ago I pre-booked an excursion that involved  a boat ride and a beach day.

It poured rain that day and I really didn't want to go but the excursion was going as planned and I would have lost the money if I didn't go.  It was an awful day and I left the excursion early and taxied back to the ship.

I've never pre-booked again.  I wait till I board and if something is sold out, Oh well!