Does Coastal Kitchen have a dress code?

2 hours ago, crazyank said:

We've sailed out of the UK numerous times and have never seen formal attire enforced.  What cruise did this happen on?

I’ve perhaps worded that badly, I wouldn’t say formal attire was being enforced but a certain standard was being enforced (no shorts).

This was on one of the first sailings out of Southampton May 2022 to the Fjords and was all nights not just formal night.

On 2/27/2024 at 10:49 AM, Bead Pirate said:

We had a couple of Pins wear shorts & T-shirts in CK for dinner on Formal night this week ...

There was some discussion at the door, but the staff relented...

20 hours ago, HicksRA said:

If you have any self pride, you dress accordingly. 
if you’re a slob, you dress accordingly. 
Some dress in between. 
It’s actually up to you. No one’s going to throw you out. 

(But watch out for the side eye from the Pinnacle couple in the tuxedo and satin ball gown…). 😉

3 hours ago, crazyank said:

of course they relented,  after all, PINS..........

How does an innocent question about attire  become a pinnacle bashing thread?

M

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

How does an innocent question about attire  become a pinnacle bashing thread?

M

I wasn’t bashing Pinnacles, just joking.  Some of my best friends are P’s. I was heading that way myself until the cruise line went to pot. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, doghog said:

Agree. Pinnacle envy. 

Perhaps but I think more curiosity, from my experience of meeting and being in their company the accolade seems to exaggerate behavioural traits.

Not good or bad…. just interesting 🙂

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, HicksRA said:

I wasn’t bashing Pinnacles, just joking.  Some of my best friends are P’s. I was heading that way myself until the cruise line went to pot. 

it's less a joke than your own feeling of inferiority

20 hours ago, HicksRA said:

It’s been a while since I’ve heard the phrase “some of my best friends are ………..…“.

I hope your pinnacle best friends don’t learn the way you make fun of them. They may not think your jokes (bashing) are funny.  

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

It’s been a while since I’ve heard the phrase “some of my best friends are ………..…“.

I hope your pinnacle best friends don’t learn the way you make fun of them. They may not think your jokes (bashing) are funny.  

Just one more thing…

Pinnacles are VERY touchy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, HicksRA said:

Just one more thing…

Pinnacles are VERY touchy!

I suspect anyone would be if they are dissed simply because they took the time and money to take lots of cruises. No big deal, folks reach the Pinnacle category every day.   Some reach it in one year, some in 30 years.

Ask your best friends why they are VERY touchy.  

M

OP - sorry to hijack your thread.  

CK basically has the same dress code as the ship.    Sailed several cruises with CK dining in the past few months, and while most men were in slacks for dinner, there were some in shorts.  I would estimate 10% in shorts for dinner.   

So, your answer will be, "shorts are OK"  

And, of course, shorts are fine during the day.

Have a good cruise.

M

26 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I suspect anyone would be if they are dissed simply because they took the time and money to take lots of cruises. No big deal, folks reach the Pinnacle category every day.   Some reach it in one year, some in 30 years.

Ask your best friends why they are VERY touchy.  

M

You seem to be very triggered. Just sit back, enjoy that sixth vodka martini and not let things bother you. 

5 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Just because someone comments about the behavior of a pinnacle does not make it bashing, it is just easier to identify who is acting like a fool if they are wearing a name tag.  Anyone who has eaten in CK a lot has experienced passengers dressed as suggested by the cruise line and others dressed in their favorite novelty t-shirt and shorts.  Maybe if they issue nametags to suite guests there will be less pinnacle comments....

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, HicksRA said:

You seem to be very triggered. Just sit back, enjoy that sixth vodka martini and not let things bother you. 

Bothered?  Far from the truth.  None of this is important.   I've seen crappy behavior from a variety of passengers.  I have no idea (nor do I care) of their C&A status or (suite) accommodations.  

Six drinks? Not me.  Maybe one.

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1