Celebrity Cruise

Etzzy

Anyone having trouble checking in for a cruise on Celebrity Ascent? Got the email to check in but it says try back later. I've been on several cruise and have never had this problem. I called and they keep saying to call back later. Not a great start for my first Celebrity cruise.

When is your cruise?  Has check-in opened yet for your cruise?  It usually happens 45 days before.

Assuming you are within that window, are using the app or the website?  Have you tried both?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Etzzy said:

Anyone having trouble checking in for a cruise on Celebrity Ascent? Got the email to check in but it says try back later. I've been on several cruise and have never had this problem. I called and they keep saying to call back later. Not a great start for my first Celebrity cruise.

Just a friendly tip for posting here....since you're posting in a forum exclusively dedicated to Celebrity cruises, you might get a better response if you provide more detail in your post title (as opposed to "Celebrity Cruise" and in the post itself.  You also may want to look in the Roll Call section for posts by others who will be on your exact sailing.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dcbiker97 said:

It could be an issue with where the ship is located versus you and the timing of the opening of check in. 

but it shouldn't be for a March 24 sailing. I already checked in for our March 30 sailing on Feb 13.

37 minutes ago, Etzzy said:

my cruise departs on March 24 and I've tried both the web and app, says try back later.

make sure Celebrity didn't cancel your reservation...

I called them and they have my reservation, I just can't check in on the web or the app. Customer service says to call back. 

I'm stuck in a loop and since I'm the only one that can check in, I'm stuck.

5 minutes ago, Etzzy said:

I called them and they have my reservation, I just can't check in on the web or the app. Customer service says to call back. 

I'm stuck in a loop and since I'm the only one that can check in, I'm stuck.

Can you try a different browser?  I know I have had problems when I use a certain browser not friendly to Celebrity.  Or...clear cookies...that may help.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

but it shouldn't be for a March 24 sailing. I already checked in for our March 30 sailing on Feb 13.

make sure Celebrity didn't cancel your reservation...

Yep. I didn't count right. 

I'd just wait a few days and not stress.

Haven't I heard that your check in time at the pier is flexible and Celebrity doesn't enforce it?  So maybe OP doesn't need to worry?  Celebrity IT systems are flaky at the best of times.

Sometimes the pier staff DO enforce the arrival times.  They work for the port, not Celebrity, and they watch for traffic flow and overcrowding in the terminal and they can, and do, enforce the arrival appointments when needed.