Ordering from Salty Dog Grill by pool for pick up using App

nielgirl

Hi Everyone, I have a question about ordering food using the Princess App.

Can you order from the Salty Dog Grill by the pool using the Princess App and then go and pick it up when it is ready?

I'm looking to see if they offer the comparable service to Holland America where you can order from their App from the Dive-In Burger and then pick it up when it's ready.

There's a list of items available for ordering with OceanNow in the app. The don't always specify where it comes from.  For example, you can order a hamburger or chips and guac, but you don't really know where they're being made (unless it's changed since our last cruise).  Still, it kind of rocks to be able to do this...

I don't think you can order and pick up at all.  You would just go to the venue and stand in line in the case of the outdoor grill.

6 minutes ago, nielgirl said:

Can you order from the Salty Dog Grill by the pool using the Princess App and then go and pick it up when it is ready?

I'm looking to see if they offer the comparable service to Holland America where you can order from their App from the Dive-In Burger and then pick it up when it's ready.

No, you need to order in person at the Salty Dog Grill.  If it's really busy, they'll give you a pager and buzz when your items are ready for pickup.

Room service does have select menu items that are the same as the Salty Dog, but they'll come from the room service kitchen. 

Edited by startedwithamouse

On some ships, the Lido Grill (not all are called Salty Dog) hands out numbers on swatches of paper, which are called out when orders are ready.  Some ships hand out pagers that vibrate when orders are ready.

On the Enchanted Princess this fall, servers weren't assigned to the Salty Dog Grill between dinner and close and you had to tick your own order on a menu paper.  Granted, It wasn't really busy at these hours.

Items from the grill are almost immediately available. If you plan to walk to the grill to pick up, just walk there and get them. No need to use the app. If you order a burger or something it will be delivered to you no matter where you are.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, nielgirl said:

On the Crown last month the wait for food at the grill was all of maybe 5 minutes with pagers. It does prevent long lines waiting for food

Try this. You order from the app and have someone go the Salty Dog Grill and order the same thing.  Chances are they are done eating before yours even arrives.  Just the way it is.

• Haha 2