Does Carnival check cruise specific & Covid specific insurance cover ?

drsel

Dear Carnival cruisers & experts,

1) Does Carnival check whether your travel insurance has cruise specific and Covid specific cover for a cruise from Sydney to Lifou and Noumea in New Caledonia?

2) Will a regular international travel insurance (which covers Covid, but doesn't mention anything about cruises) be adequate to satisfy the Carnival check in staff at Sydney?

Thanks!

Edited by drsel

• drsel changed the title to Does Carnival check cruise specific & Covid specific insurance cover ?

Yea, similar to above, are you implying that travel insurance is required?

Because it certainly isn't, so whichever policy you choose to get should be adequate so long as they are suitable to your personal needs and requirements.

1 hour ago, staceyglow said:

I don't understand your questions. Are you under the impression that you are required to carry insurance that covers Covid to cruise out of Australia? 

1 hour ago, bg2310 said:

Yea, similar to above, are you implying that travel insurance is required?

Because it certainly isn't, so whichever policy you choose to get should be adequate so long as they are suitable to your personal needs and requirements.

YES, because the Carnival Australia website states that they need to check international travel insurance with both cruise and Covid coverage for New Caledonia.

Hence I wanted to know from past cruisers if they actually check that your travel insurance as got Cruise specific and Covid specific coverage.

https://help.carnival.com.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/4566/~/do-i-need-travel-insurance%3F

"New Caledonia requires all guests to hold international travel insurance that has both cruise and COVID coverage. Guests must bring printed proof of travel insurance and present it at check-in. Guests may also be requested to present it during the cruise. Any guest who is unable to provide proof of holding suitable travel insurance will be denied boarding"

Edited by drsel

DRSEL is absolutely correct. 

I just got off a back to back out of Sydney, the first leg of which was an 8 day cruise to New Caledonia.  When checking in I was asked if I had travel insurance and showed them a printed copy of my travel insurance card. 

43 minutes ago, groundloop said:

DRSEL is absolutely correct. 

I just got off a back to back out of Sydney, the first leg of which was an 8 day cruise to New Caledonia.  When checking in I was asked if I had travel insurance and showed them a printed copy of my travel insurance card. 

Thanks so much this is what I wanted to know from an actual experience.

1) Did Carnival check if your travel insurance had a cruise specific cover ?

2) How much Cruise specific cover in US$ is required by Carnival for an 8 night cruise to New Caledonia, in order to allow you to board the ship?

3) Did Carnival check if your travel insurance had a Covid specific insurance cover?

4) How much Covid specific cover in US$ is required by Carnival in order to allow you to board the ship?

5) Do you need to show a fully vaccinated Covid certificate ?

6) Do you need to show a pre cruise negative Covid test?

I am only asking about what Carnival requires in order to allow you to board, not about what insurance you may actually need in case of any unforseen circumstances.

Thanks so much! 🙏🏼

Edited by drsel