HOHO bus in Puerto Vallarta

EllieinNJ

Is this bus in walking distance from the pier?  In description it says two places to get on, Marina Vallarta and other is Malecon centro.  If not what is the best way to get there.  We will be on the Carnival Panorama in April, 2024.

One of the stops is at Puerto Magico which is the cruise terminal. I think the stop itself is at exit/entrance of the building next to dock nr. 1. If you dock on 2 or even 3 you need to walk to that building.

https://vallartourbus.mx/mapa/

Edited by Ine

@EllieinNJ - While I am not a true PV expert, I have been in the city enough times to wonder what the value of taking a HOHO bus in PV might be?  Looking at the map @Ine posted, it is just as simple to take the local bus or a taxi to get where you want to go.

Maybe some of our true PV experts will chime in and venture an opinion with respect to the PV HOHO bus.

Sys, I have not taken the Hop On Hop Off in PV, but I've taken Hop On Hop Off in many cities. These tour buses usually have a tour guide narrative (canned, not live) that can be useful and informative.  

But based on the map Ine posted, I don't plan on taking the HOHP in PV.

19 hours ago, SelectSys said:

@EllieinNJ - While I am not a true PV expert, I have been in the city enough times to wonder what the value of taking a HOHO bus in PV might be?  Looking at the map @Ine posted, it is just as simple to take the local bus or a taxi to get where you want to go.

Maybe some of our true PV experts will chime in and venture an opinion with respect to the PV HOHO bus.

Although we have taken Hoho buses in various ports, ont in Vallarta. For the simple fact that we have a car here. I have often enough seen this bus, but I think the price is rather high. It goes over the nice road to the south with great views over the bay. However it is the only road going south, so it will drive the same stretch going and returning.

It has 2 interesting stops, Playa Palmares and Mismaloya in case you want to have a drink or food. Our personal choice would be Playa Palmares, nice view, you can eat in the restaurant or on the beach and never crowded. Mismaloya has a nice view too but can be rather crowded. 

But if you can find an Uber, a personal driver (many offer their services in port) or cab (maybe with fellow passengers) I would prefer that. Remember to always make your price before entering. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We would not recommend the HoHo here in PV, because it simply does not run often enough to make it reasonable to "hop off."   I believe it only runs 4 times a day and you can wait as long as 3 hours for it to return.  Also consider that the HoHo costs $20 while a local bus (that can also get you into town, back to the port, etc. only costs about 60 cents ($10 Pesos).  

For those that want to see the area from a bus, and not get off, it might be a good option.  But keep in mind that the most popular streets in PV (such as the Malecon, Olas Altas, and Bacillio Badillo) are not viewable from the bus.  The bus route does offer a chance to see some of the areas outside of PV, but most of this is from the main road which does limit the view.

Hank

• Thanks 1