Bon Appetit Write up of Celebrity Edge series restaurants

haynesra

18 minutes ago, haynesra said:

Came across a "sponsored" article on Celebrity Edge Series-  Eden Restaurant, Le Voyage by Daniel Boulud, Luminae at The Retreat, and Fine Cut Steakhouse. Interesting write up given the reviews here on CC: https://www.bonappetit.com/sponsored/story/the-decadent-delicious-dishes-on-celebrity-cruises

Well as the $ponsor, Celebrity certainly is not going to write something negative.  That said, I thoroughly enjoy Luminae and most of the specialty dining on Celebrity.  I've not had a bad meal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The author didn’t seem to have accurate info.  According to the article  Luminae “ seats just  92 people”.   The Edge & Apex have 176 suites, which at 2 passengers per suite  would be 352 at double occupancy.  They would have to turn each table in the 3.8 times in 4 hours to seat every one.  

It amazes me the consistently inaccurate info.

I worked as a magazine editor for 20 years. The article is an advertorial. The magazine's marketing department typically writes or hires someone not on the editorial staff to write the article to the specifications of the client (in this case, Celebrity). The reason advertisers love these is that many readers fail to notice they are reading sponsored and intentionally biased material. 

Edited by MarkWiltonM
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1