whoopie and phew!

i have tried, tried and tried some more to get a brazilian visa. it wouldn't accept my picture, it wouldn't  accept the letter from ncl counsel, it would'n't give me the otp (and i had no idea what that even was), and i really wasn't comfortable sending my bank statement to a group of complete strangers ,much less a foreign country

i asked by 24 year old grandson (who's my go-to tech guy) and even he counldn't get he site to help.

this has been going on since mid-jan.

initially i decided the heck with it, if i couldn't get into the other 3 brazilian ports, i'd stay on board and guzzle champagne. we were getting into rio on the 8th anyway.

finally, my daughter (51) and my wife who knows it all and is never wrong, told me to get away and they'd take care of it. Lo and behold! they got online this saturday, and this evening, my wife got her visa via her email. Im still waiting for mine, but go figure. I guess miracles actually do happen

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, complawyer said:

initially i decided the heck with it, if i couldn't get into the other 3 brazilian ports, i'd stay on board and guzzle champagne. we were getting into rio on the 8th anyway.

I thought NCL said you need a Visa to board the ship. Won't get to stay on the ship in 3 ports if you can't get on the ship in the first place.

But congratulations! All seems well.

• Haha 2

fp. it was my understanding that if you arrived in brazil prior to april 10th you didnt need a visa. i just assumed that showing my passport with the date of entry would allow be to board, if noting else. without questioning the integrity of brazilian boarder patrol, i was curios if a $20 bill at  the remaining brazilian ports, would take the place of a visa

• Haha 3

YAY!!!! I know how you've been working at that danged site! 

Also....careful with that whoopi! The newer generation knows it as, well...something else. Gave me a huge laugh when I saw it this morning! 

You better come back here and tell us how the cruise went. I know you're not one for lives, so I'll take the review. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, complawyer said:

my wife who knows it all and is never wrong

I hope you realize that you just revealed the key to marital bliss. Just keep repeating to yourself, that she is always right and your life will be so much more pleasant. You can justify this by remembering that she chose to marry you... 

Happy journeys to you and yours.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

hey cruiseny good buddy,  we actually booked this cruise for the following reasons, (1) i always wanted to see Rio and Lisbon, (2) the number of sea days, i can just veg out on my balcony with my heretofore mentioned ice cold bottle of heineken, (3) most of all, we got a great fare on a 2 bedroom suite. 17 days, for less that $6,000 in a suite category, you cant pass that up if you love cruising... it's a no brainer.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, complawyer said:

finally, my daughter (51) and my wife who knows it all and is never wrong, told me to get away and they'd take care of it. Lo and behold! they got online this saturday, and this evening, my wife got her visa via her email. Im still waiting for mine, but go figure. I guess miracles actually do happen

You may want to reserve that celebration until you learn which country she got you a visa for - you might not be going where you think you are going 😉 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, okpaddy said:

I hope you realize that you just revealed the key to marital bliss. Just keep repeating to yourself, that she is always right and your life will be so much more pleasant. You can justify this by remembering that she chose to marry you... 

Happy journeys to you and yours.

As the great philosopher Benny Hill once stated:

"Remember, your wife is smarter than you ever were...

'Cause she married you, but you married her"

• Haha 1

hey cruiseny4life. it's 17 days on  the star, and i know people have complained of mishaps on this ship. i experienced 3 missed ports i really wanted to visit, on the star's 1st southeast asia cruise, dec 2016-jan 2017. that being said, we've been on the star a few more times,( as ive often stated)  I cruise for the enjoyment of being on a cruise ship. what people complain about, (entertainment, food, no cookies or hash browns) I consider very minor problems. the poster who complains that he has to pay an additional $25 for a 2nd lobster tail in the haven restaurant, doesnt realize how utterly entitled  that sounds.  I think most of the world's populace would give an arm or a leg just to be on a cruise ship to an exotic location, much less complain about being in a haven and having to pay an additional $25.00 for a 2nd lobster tail. total 1st world problem.

chiefmate jrk is happy as a clam with an inside cabin. 

of course the bun falling apart before i finish my hamburger, to me is a much more intense problem, one that shakes the very foundations of a successful cruise (sarcasm fully intended)

maybe next time, i'll have you take care of all my travel arrangements, as in your secret identity, you claim to be a travel agent (lol).

to you and your husband, continue to cruise safely, happily etc.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EngrJones said:

As the great philosopher Benny Hill once stated:

"Remember, your wife is smarter than you ever were...

'Cause she married you, but you married her"

Thanks Engr.

Great, now I've got the Yakety Sax song playing in my head... 🎷

• Like 1

just an update (if anyone cares) kudos to my lovely wonderful daughter ( she must get  it from her mothers side certainly not mine). while i suffered with extreme (and i mean extreme) frustration and totally giving up after 2 months of trying, and taking the position  the heck with it, i totally gave up the quest to get the brazilian visa.

as i told everyone one before, my daughter stepped in, accomplished all the (un)necessary) bs, in a little over an hr.  my wife got her visa 2 days ago, and i got mine lst night.

so dear friends, and also not so dear friends, dont give up, i can be done!

• Like 6

cruiseny 4life.

hey buddy, i see you responded to my most recent post about the 17 day cruise. only problem is that for some reason it never came thru. this seems to happen a lot. Does it ever happen to you?

My paranoia indicates cc must have some diabolical plot against me. LOL so censors, this is  in jest so dont block please.

any way cruiseny, i always enjoy your comments, and take on all things ncl.

could you please try and resend, or (again if cc doesnt block this) sampraw@aol.com

When you have a problem with a web site the steps to take are a different browser, FireFox vs Chrome.  Make sure you do not have any extensions running.  If using a MAC try a PC, if you have a not major ISP try a different internet connection, I have TING which is a player in GB Fiber at multiple cities but not really large, there are some Honda sites that do not work and I had an issue with part of the Verizon pages.

If all else fails contact the company or embassy sometimes it is on their end, they could be getting slammed with requests!

fredflint, as i have stated many times before, im 76 years old, and  technologically deficient .

consequently, i have either my 24 year old grandson, or my 51 year old daughter do the (dirty)  work for me.

having said that, and having read your post thoroughly, i can honestly say " i have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and  totally clueless as to how to go about following your instructions (lol)

I do seriously thank you for taking the time to respond.

in the end, my daughter saved the day, both my wife and i received our visa's with in a few days, hence, the whoopie and phew that now i no longer need to worry about it once we get to Brazil

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 10:36 AM, complawyer said:

the shotgun didnt hurt either. BTW this august, 55 years. when people ask about how we managed to stay together this long,  standard reply community property (LOL)

My father's magic words were "yes dear"  lol