Are the early comedy shows on Harmony less vulgar than the late ones?

The one you book in advance is adults only. Only what's in the theater is supposed to be rated for kids.  Though I saw a guy singing in the theater told sexual jokes at like 8 pm i didnt think were appropriate. Someone who used to br famous  with a group when he was younger. Sang well, didnt appreciate his banter.

19 minutes ago, johnasmith99 said:

My wife and I aren't prudes, but constant cussing just gets to us.  They used to tone it way down for the early show. Wondering if that has changed? 

If you mean the shows in the Comedy Club they are for adults. The later show times in the club are the same material. Not toned down. Sometimes a comedian has late late show with really explicit material. If you are offended by cussing you should skip the comedy club. Headliner comedians in other venues should be toned down as they are not adults only but YMMV. 

• Like 1

Also - once you know which comedians are performing, it might be worthwhile to Google them, possibly check out Youtube or wherever, to get a feel for their level of vulgarity.  You may have someone who is more vulgar, or less vulgar, on your sailing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robmtx said:

Also - once you know which comedians are performing, it might be worthwhile to Google them, possibly check out Youtube or wherever, to get a feel for their level of vulgarity.  You may have someone who is more vulgar, or less vulgar, on your sailing. 

Well good luck on that. What is more vulger and less vulger mean? Also how do you find out who is performing? There are two comedians at each comedy club show and the shows are for adults. OP should probably skip the comedy club if they are easily offended. The headliner shows might be tamer but there might be some jokes offensive some. Audiences expect jokes.....

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

Well good luck on that. What is more vulger and less vulger mean? Also how do you find out who is performing? There are two comedians at each comedy club show and the shows are for adults. OP should probably skip the comedy club if they are easily offended. The headliner shows might be tamer but there might be some jokes offensive some. Audiences expect jokes.....

That's why I recommended checking out the acts online ahead of time. If you start to hear something you find offensive, it's easy to shut it down right there rather than walking out of a club during the skit (although those usually produce very funny moments from the comedian).

To see who is performing, about 1-2 weeks before the cruise, your cruise compass will start to populate. I knew the comedians on our last two Oasis cruises prior to sail date. 

And yeah, I agree, OP will probably need to sit that one out...but still wanted to share how we do our intel on talent prior to boarding. We don't do it to get a temperature for vulgarity, but rather to see if we know them from other cruises or on tv somewhere.

Also for good clean comedy, check out Dry Bar Comedy online!

No difference  in early/late shows in comedy club.  Either can be raunchy, and likely will be.  If one is offended, it is best to stay away.  

Some have left a show, and the comedians rarely ignores that! 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Based on the replies I think it best we avoid the Comedy Club.  We cruise quite a bit, but it's been a long time since we tried it.  As best I recall, I think last time we did leave.  It's not a matter of being offended, it just sometimes reaches the point that challenges our personal moral values.  I totally support the right of anyone to choose this for entertainment as long as it's not being crammed down my throat.  (What could the comedian do with that comment? 🙂 ) See, I'm not a total prude. Thanks everyone for the feedback. 

3 hours ago, johnasmith99 said:

Based on the replies I think it best we avoid the Comedy Club.  We cruise quite a bit, but it's been a long time since we tried it.  As best I recall, I think last time we did leave.  It's not a matter of being offended, it just sometimes reaches the point that challenges our personal moral values.  I totally support the right of anyone to choose this for entertainment as long as it's not being crammed down my throat.  (What could the comedian do with that comment? 🙂 ) See, I'm not a total prude. Thanks everyone for the feedback. 

It is good to have info to make a choice that works for you.  FYI - Most ships also have a more G rated comedy show one evening in the theater.   Read the entertainment description because there is sometimes late night adult comedy!

M

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

It is good to have info to make a choice that works for you.  FYI - Most ships also have a more G rated comedy show one evening in the theater.   Read the entertainment description because there is sometimes late night adult comedy!

M

As a Southern lady you likely understand. 😊

8 hours ago, johnasmith99 said:

I totally support the right of anyone to choose this for entertainment as long as it's not being crammed down my throat.  

Fortunately RCI changed their policy and passengers are no longer forced to go to the comedy club during a cruise. 🙂

1 minute ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Fortunately RCI changed their policy and passengers are no longer forced to go to the comedy club during a cruise. 🙂

Such a relief. 😅