Just off Seashore (2/25/24, 4 nighter) - Review

Morgsmom

2 minutes ago, Fishwife2016 said:

Wait, YC gets a bottle of liquor?  I don't remember reading that.  Or I have and it didn't register.

It’s in lieu of the mini-bar no longer being stocked daily with miniature spirits. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

It’s in lieu of the mini-bar no longer being stocked daily with miniature spirits. 

Thank you.  I'm assuming we ask our Butler for it?  Sorry, 1st time Yacht Cluber.  I've really tried to do my research and be completely educated.

21 minutes ago, Fishwife2016 said:

Thank you.  I'm assuming we ask our Butler for it?  Sorry, 1st time Yacht Cluber.  I've really tried to do my research and be completely educated.

I haven’t sailed in YC since they made the change, but it’s my understanding that they have a list of options (including a red and white wine) in the cabin and you just let your butler know what your choice is. Also, it’s not a 70cl bottle;  it’s a 35cl one IINM. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I haven’t sailed in YC since they made the change, but it’s my understanding that they have a list of options (including a red and white wine) in the cabin and you just let your butler know what your choice is. Also, it’s not a 70cl bottle;  it’s a 35cl one IINM. 

Thank you!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fishwife2016 said:

Thank you!

You’re welcome. 

As an FYI, the (included) minibar will be stocked with mixers, soft drinks, water and juices, plus a toblerone and Pringles (the snacks won’t be replenished but the drinks will). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

You’re welcome. 

As an FYI, the (included) minibar will be stocked with mixers, soft drinks, water and juices, plus a toblerone and Pringles (the snacks won’t be replenished but the drinks will). 

Thank you @Beamafarfor following up on “liquor bottle” question, was out working in yard this morning, you got to it before me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

You’re welcome. 

Perfect!  Thanks!

• Like 1

I previously stayed in the deluxe suite because I like having a balcony, but people smoking and playing music on their balconies pretty much kept me inside the room with the door closed. This has been my experience lately on other cruise lines as well.

So I booked a YC interior on Seashore as a solo cruiser for my next sailing. Other than a lack of closet space (maybe not so bad for one person) and knowing it is smaller than the other YC cabins, did you find it comfortable?

@jengamom I have been in the YC inside solo and found it very comfortable. This was my first inside in 30+ cruises and I was apprehensive but it was all good. In fact will be in aYC inside tomorrow so it worked for me enough to book it again. Enjoy your cruise and the Yacht Club.

7 hours ago, awatt said:

@jengamom I have been in the YC inside solo and found it very comfortable. This was my first inside in 30+ cruises and I was apprehensive but it was all good. In fact will be in aYC inside tomorrow so it worked for me enough to book it again. Enjoy your cruise and the Yacht Club.

Thank you for that information. I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

So, other than having a cabana (as I understand it) for our Seashore sailing in an RS next weekend (4-nt), is there anything else I should expect to receive with the cabin -- in addition to the apparently diminishing list of perks for other YC cabins?

Tom 

4 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

So, other than having a cabana (as I understand it) for our Seashore sailing in an RS next weekend (4-nt), is there anything else I should expect to receive with the cabin -- in addition to the apparently diminishing list of perks for other YC cabins?

Tom 

image-50402817-Copy.jpg

I don't know about for a 4 night but for a typical 7 night, bottles like these (or what you prefer) will be in your stateroom for you to enjoy. Whatever you finish or don't want will get replaced and you can take home whatever unopened bottles that you can manage to carry. Just ask your butler or Jr. Butler. 

Also, whatever is in the fridge will get replenished without charge (soda, chips, chocolate, etc.). This was our experience in every RS that we have had including 2 on Seashore. I've never been charged for anything in the suite nor has a request for more been denied. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/11/2024 at 10:18 AM, JAGR said:

Hi, Morgsmom:  To follow-up from last week,  I was on a seven-night on the Meravgilia, and service in YC was not as negative as yours.  My bottle of booze, selected pillows, confirmation of newspaper choice, requested distilled water and extension cord were in my room at embarkation. Prosecco bottle and strawberries on day two. Had snacks in the room every afternoon.  Also, they had a diamond party and returning guests party.

Like you, no Toberlone bar and no gift (I have enough MSC tote bags, thanks!). Got diamond chocolate bar on day five, and the small chocolates gift box from the YC director on the last night.  I have to say the snacks in the Top Sail were great (lots of variety, and changed out every day!).

"Had snacks in the room every afternoon."

Can you share examples of snacks?. Last sailing we asked for a small cheese plate. Got tired of it towards the end.

31 minutes ago, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

"Had snacks in the room every afternoon."

Can you share examples of snacks?. Last sailing we asked for a small cheese plate. Got tired of it towards the end.

For the room, there were Venchi chocolates every night for turndown. Daily snacks included fruit (both coated and natural), macaroons, chocolate biscuits, cheese and crackers, Different every day. Below is a picture of one afternoon in the Top Sail Lounge.

image.thumb.png.7cd368707aad35681bb6a2c2bdcc6c8a.png