Princess cancelled my flights

Just happened to open my account today.  FLIGHT CHANGE notice.  All my EZ AIR flights have been cancelled for my August Alaska cruisetour.  I can rebook my departure flight.    The only return flights EZ AIR will only let me choose connections in ORD or DEN for the same cost,  No explanation.  I think Alaska Airlines is still cancelling the MAX 9.   I’ll keep checking back but it does not look good.                        

I once had my flights cancelled because the initial leg left 10 minutes earlier. Instead of flying from Sacramento to Seattle to Fairbanks, they rerouted me from Sacramento to Los Angeles to Minneapolis/St. Paul to Fairbanks. I had a heck of a time getting the flights back. I had no problem leaving 10 minutes earlier. It was idiotic but it was Delta. I also once had them change flights so that the first leg arrived 10 minutes after the second leg left. Nope, nope, nope. Always keep an eye on your flights.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, georgetheblue said:

Just happened to open my account today.  FLIGHT CHANGE notice.  All my EZ AIR flights have been cancelled for my August Alaska cruisetour.  I can rebook my departure flight.    The only return flights EZ AIR will only let me choose connections in ORD or DEN for the same cost,  No explanation.  I think Alaska Airlines is still cancelling the MAX 9.   I’ll keep checking back but it does not look good.                        

The title of your post perpetuates a myth about EZ Air. Airlines change schedules and make your original itinerary not feasible, not EZ Air. You said it yourself in the second-to-last sentence of your post, Alaska Airlines did the cancelling.

• Like 12

Are you flights available if you book directly through the airline?   Or are they also gone on the airline website?

• Like 2

Air Canada cancelled my flights on EZ Air.  Princess EZ Air worked with me to accommodate my travels.  To be honest, I had to do a lot of working with them to get back.  Unfortunately, they could not get me home on a good schedule, but I did get home without any additional monies.

Even the flight I booked directly with Jet Blue was changed 3 times.  Each change pushed the flight back a couple of hours.  I wanted to arrive by 6 PM.  Arrived a little after 8 PM.  The difference is that I purchased Jet Blue in November for a cruise in July.  I had to pay Jet Blue immediately upon booking.

I have no explanation as to why the Alaska Airlines flights were removed.  By checking on Alaska Airlines website there are now NO daytime departures from FAI.  For now I rebooked flights but not at times I want but also adds additional costs, later flights and an additional connection in Anchorage.  So now FAI to ANC to SEA to TPA. It’s still likely I will cancel the whole damn thing, 17 days cruisetour, 2 pre cruise nights in Vancouver, 8 additional excursions, plus extra flight costs.

Posted (edited)

I have a similar situation. I'm on the last southbound Voyage of the Glaciers this year, and my flights got changed to 30 minutes between flights in Seattle. Obviously that's not going to work, but I can't change it online. The 800 number has been dreadful every time I've called. Multiple calls to resolve issues, long waits every time. 

I'm thinking of contacting their cruise vacation planner department, hoping they might be more helpful. 

Edited by Trevelbond

13 hours ago, Sprocket said:

Alaska Air resumed grounded flights end of January.  I am booked on a Max9 tomorrow in fact.

Be sure to wear the seat belt...

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

Be sure to wear the seat belt...

Nah I like to live dangerously, booked the exit row lol.  But it’s on the aisle so hoping it’s all good.

Princess didn’t cancel your flight, the airline did.  This is why I never book flights through a 3rd party.  It’s easier to manage schedule changes when you’re dealing directly with the airline.  Hope you get it all worked out. 

Possibly problems with Boeing jets being grounded is causing upheaval for several airlines?

Hoping some issues resolved before bigger impact on travel overall!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TxChick51 said:

Possibly problems with Boeing jets being grounded is causing upheaval for several airlines?

Only two North American airlines were impacted by the recent issues, and everything has been back to normal for some time.

Edited by mahasamatman
  • Like 1