“Simply more” beverage pkg doesn’t show under my account management

Hi all! First time Oceania cruiser here. I just booked a cruise for October under the New Years Sale with the Simply more promo. My invoice says “simply more house beverage package” under amenities and gifts, and yet when I go to manage my account I see “view and shop beverage packages” - then I have a choice of “House Select - wine + beer by the glass w/meals” (for a tidy sum!) or the premiere package (for an even tidier sum! Haha!)  Presently “none” is selected. 😳 What the heck? Is this a website glitch? Anyone else?

I was able to use my shore excursion credit and all selections appear in my account. So confused. 

That is because there are still people sailing under "cruise only" and "OLife" - your invoice shows you have the SM beverage package and at this time you can not upgrade to Prestige package but you can by you or TA calling Oceania directly

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, basor said:

That is because there are still people sailing under "cruise only" and "OLife" - your invoice shows you have the SM beverage package and at this time you can not upgrade to Prestige package but you can by you or TA calling Oceania directly

Yes I  was thinking it might be because there are other bookings with different promotions and that is why the 2 beverage packages are shown. But why does it give me a price for picking the package I am already supposed to have included at no extra charge? Not just an option to upgrade?  In fact, I can’t find anything in my online booking which indicates I have a package at all. 🤷‍♀️ Glad I have a hard copy showing amenities. But thank you, I’ll have to call. 

Edited by durberville
Run on sentence extraordinare! lol

2 hours ago, durberville said:

Hi all! First time Oceania cruiser here. I just booked a cruise for October under the New Years Sale with the Simply more promo. My invoice says “simply more house beverage package” under amenities and gifts, and yet when I go to manage my account I see “view and shop beverage packages” - then I have a choice of “House Select - wine + beer by the glass w/meals” (for a tidy sum!) or the premiere package (for an even tidier sum! Haha!)  Presently “none” is selected. 😳 What the heck? Is this a website glitch? Anyone else?

I was able to use my shore excursion credit and all selections appear in my account. So confused. 

Others don’t have SM (kept O Life where they had other perk choices). The online choices you still see is an option for them. You can upgrade to Prestige once onboard.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, durberville said:

Yes I  was thinking it might be because there are other bookings with different promotions and that is why the 2 beverage packages are shown. But why does it give me a price for picking the package I am already supposed to have included at no extra charge? Not just an option to upgrade?  In fact, I can’t find anything in my online booking which indicates I have a package at all. 🤷‍♀️ Glad I have a hard copy showing amenities. But thank you, I’ll have to call. 

The answer is the Oceania website has some flaws and you have discovered on of them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

basor is correct....you have already the wine/beer with dining. From our experience you can upgrade once in board for $30/day for drinks anytime...cocktails etc included. Maybe, from recent posts you may be able to include this prior to boarding. No need to stress, just enjoy the planning.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, pmatawan said:

The answer is the Oceania website has some flaws and you have discovered on of them.

Haha! Okay that at least makes me feel better. Sure wish they had a user friendly app, I dislike using websites. 

4 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

So, how do the wait staff know who has SM vs O Life? Do we have to show our card at every venue?

your key card has a designation showing nothing, or a 3 letter code in lower right corner indicating either the Select/SM wine, beer package or the Presige package.  This will continue as long as O offers 2 different beverage packages.  We would set our cards on our table when we sat down so server could easily see what package we had.  Also, we have had servers ask us when we placed our first beverage if we had a package. Not a big deal....

• Like 3

13 hours ago, asnaleah said:

So the answer is yes, we have to show our card all the time. Certainly not a deal breaker, but annoying.

The only way to avoid this annoyance is to sail on an all inclusive (everyone onboard has the 24/7 beverage package) otherwise out comes the card......

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

Perhaps when O Life goes away and everyone has SM, we won’t have to show the card at dining venues. 

Nope - you still will have people who only have SM and those that have upgraded to the Prestige Beverage package so showing the card will always be necessary.

15 hours ago, asnaleah said:

So the answer is yes, we have to show our card all the time. Certainly not a deal breaker, but annoying.

Why?

It’s annoying that SM isn’t ship-wide yet. If wine and beer is available to all at dining venues, then we aren’t constantly being “carded”. 

Posted (edited)

Having to flash your card, which i will have with me at all times, would not be a deal breaker for me. In fact I don't drink alcohol or pop at all so SM is costing me for something I will never use but I factored that in to my decision to cruise on O.   I benefit from the fact that my spouse is opting for the prestige package so not having to have everyone in the cabin opt for the prestige is a win for us (sort of!) 

We also really appreciate the fact that O allows us to bring alcohol/wine on board at the various ports for consumption in our cabin.  It allows them to try different wines not stocked on O while we sit on the balcony.

For us the SM beverage package strikes a happy median and showing the card is a minor inconvenience.  I'm pretty sure the waiters and bar staff will know who's prestige package after 1-2 days on board

Edited by thebsinmiss
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

It’s annoying that SM isn’t ship-wide yet. If wine and beer is available to all at dining venues, then we aren’t constantly being “carded”. 

How about if they paint your drink package on your forehead?? Problem solved! No need to be annoyed by showing your card. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2