Cabin for 5?

smd247

Trying to help my brother-in-law do a little research. Which cruise lines have cabins that will hold 2 adults and 3 kids (13,11, 11)? Not a suite and also, I imagine not Disney. 

Thanks🙂

You might consider finding a travel agent to assist you who can look through various cruise lines to check for existence and availability. I know, for example, that the RC Oasis class ships have them (but of course they don't sail to Alaska), so it is possible that other RC ships do too. A good travel agent will be able to tell you (and other options like connecting rooms) for sure.

Posted (edited)

RCI Quantum Class has some balcony rooms that can sleep 5.  I know you said no suites, but they also have junior suites that are connected to interior rooms.  The JS has 2 toilet rooms, so this option would provide 3 toilets.  

Edited by Aquahound

18 hours ago, smd247 said:

trying to help my brother-in-law do a little research. Which cruise lines have cabins that will hold 2 adults and 3 kids (13,11, 11)? Not a suite

To be honest, one bathroom for 5 sounds horrific, especially at times when all five will be trying to get off the ship in port or to go for meals, or for anything really. but there is another element to take into account, and I think it is an important one.

If a cabin for 5 involves any kind of fold down or pull out bed, that will take up some of the already quite small floor space, meaning it will be difficult (if not impossible)  for anyone to move around within that cabin. 

Price any  suite which can accommodate five comfortably, or go for two cabins,  reducing costs by opting for  inside and/or interconnecting and divide the group between them.

• Like 1

Yes - you can also book 2 cabins near each other. Speak with a cruise travel agent as there are different ways of doing this depending on the cruise line. You may need to book with an adult in each cabin though sleeping arrangements can be changed online. There are cabins that connect or balconies that connect or you can do a mini suite in one and an inside across the hall. Lots of options but you definitely will need more than 1 bathroom IMO. Though I say this and I grew up in a house with 6 and 1 bathroom.

• Like 2