Another Flight Ease Question

Just now, Tallante said:

You can always  book business class seats on European flights at no cost, If its long haul they charge unless you are a certain status, not sure if it’s gold or platinum now, you pay until 24 hours beforehand. Be aware that seats paid for in the event of cancellation, the money isn’t refundable.

That info was referring to BA.

We reserved our flights with FlightEase for our upcoming Mediterranean cruise. The cost savings for business class were huge compared to booking directly with AA. We reserved in July, just paid the final payment. No change in price. 

I have (what I hope) is a minor issue in the way they presented our names to the airline. In my AA app it appears as: Firstnamemiddlename Last Name Ms and Firstnamemiddlename Last Name Mr. The names are correct, but I don’t know why they jumbled them together this way and I hope it doesn’t cause an issue for us. Everything appeared correct on the FlightEase site….

24 minutes ago, PRMinx said:

We reserved our flights with FlightEase for our upcoming Mediterranean cruise. The cost savings for business class were huge compared to booking directly with AA. We reserved in July, just paid the final payment. No change in price. 

I have (what I hope) is a minor issue in the way they presented our names to the airline. In my AA app it appears as: Firstnamemiddlename Last Name Ms and Firstnamemiddlename Last Name Mr. The names are correct, but I don’t know why they jumbled them together this way and I hope it doesn’t cause an issue for us. Everything appeared correct on the FlightEase site….

I don’t think that’s a Flight ease thing, I think that’s an airline thing. My direct booked tickets look like that too.

12 hours ago, stan01 said:

On the AA and BA websites.  Not ticketed yet, but was able to select seats.

I just checked, and while I am still unable to access the seat selection/change buttons on the AA site, the seats I selected in FlightEase are showing up correctly as my seats. So I am all good. 😊 

It all does seem to be a bit random and unpredictable, not everyone is seeing the same thing when it comes to seat selection even on the the same airline which makes it hard to give and get internet advice.  Thanks for the help, and lets all just remember in the future that what one person can do may be different than what others can do (e.g. US vs UK based, or even just random events).

1 hour ago, lisa6191 said:

I don’t think that’s a Flight ease thing, I think that’s an airline thing. My direct booked tickets look like that too.

That's strange. I've never seen it presented this way. Just discovered that they also got my Trusted Traveler number wrong. AA is saying they haven't purchased the ticket yet. I'll probably try to call them today to better understand what is happening. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, PRMinx said:

That's strange. I've never seen it presented this way. Just discovered that they also got my Trusted Traveler number wrong. AA is saying they haven't purchased the ticket yet. I'll probably try to call them today to better understand what is happening. 

Just following up if anyone is interested. Called Seabourn. All is well, the name thing is normal. They will officially ticket the trip 45 days out. They apologized on the Trusted Traveler number, but they couldn't change it. Some system thing. It’s not a big deal, I can handle that at the airport.

We have used FlightEase a few times and saved a great deal by doing it, never paying until the cruise money is due.  We are Executive Platinum on American Airlines so the mileage is important to us.  AA has announced that starting May 1 travel on a ticket bought from outside the AA approved network will no longer accrue mileage.  No one can tell me if FlightEast is an approved agency until April.  I plan to pay for my tickets before May 1…. Just in case.  

5 hours ago, PRMinx said:

... They apologized on the Trusted Traveler number, but they couldn't change it. Some system thing. It’s not a big deal, I can handle that at the airport.

I don't think you can change the TT number at the airport.  According to Google:

"No, you cannot change your trusted traveler number at the airport. These programs, like TSA PreCheck and Global Entry, are managed by separate government agencies and require updating your information online or through their designated channels."

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Kane said:

I don't think you can change the TT number at the airport.  According to Google:

"No, you cannot change your trusted traveler number at the airport. These programs, like TSA PreCheck and Global Entry, are managed by separate government agencies and require updating your information online or through their designated channels."

Getting it changed prior to would be very wise. We were told the same thing when the names were not quite correct -  that all travel Information needs to be correct prior to arriving. 

Edited by Vineyard View

5 hours ago, JodiandFrank said:

No one can tell me if FlightEast is an approved agency until April.

Even if you buy your ticket before May1, it doesn't mean you will get miles.  Completely depends on the specific fare rules of the ticket purchased.  And you won't know those until the ticket is bought.

After May 1, I highly doubt that cruiseline air will qualify, as they will be "approving" only agencies that utilize NDC processing.  And those agencies will be changing to a different grouping every several months in a rotating fashion.

Caveat emptor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2024 at 6:57 AM, jdk-atlga said:

...you can always (up until a specific time) change your mind on a reservation. You can continue to compare/shop around within Flight Ease

Are you (or anyone else) saying that in addition to checking the airline's website for better independent prices, one can also check to see if Flight Ease has lowered its price on a specific flight that one has already booked (but not yet paid for)?

When I go to the Flight Ease page to look for any changes in price, my current flight shows up with the original price and I don't know how to search for changes in price.

Thanks

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, skybluewaters said:

I don't know how to search for changes in price.

There should be an option to modify your flights. Click that (don't worry--you won't lose your current reservation until you say so, further into the process, so you can always back out) and search for your dates and destinations. If you find something better than what you've already booked, you will see an option to change your flight. 

You might not see your same flights, or you might see them at a different fare. You also might see flight options that weren't available when you reserved initially.

Edited by Earthtones
Added details
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Earthtones said:

There should be an option to modify your flights. Click that (don't worry--you won't lose your current reservation until you say so, further into the process, so you can always back out) and search for your dates and destinations. If you find something better than what you've already booked, you will see an option to change your flight. 

You might not see your same flights, or you might see them at a different fare. You also might see flight options that weren't available when you reserved initially.

Totally correct - Click on Change Flights and you can game to see various options. That said, sometimes the first early choice might still be the best. The FlightEase window opens up around 330 days prior to your trip. You can wait or select, then change if wanted. 

Best, jdk

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2024 at 5:00 PM, Kane said:

No, this is wrong.  I work for a major airline and we can easily add or correct your Known Traveler Number on your reservation at the counter or a kiosk or you can do it yourself on the app.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/23/2024 at 11:06 AM, grandma*knows*best said:

No, this is wrong.  I work for a major airline and we can easily add or correct your Known Traveler Number on your reservation at the counter or a kiosk or you can do it yourself on the app.

Following up on this thread. Now that our flight has been ticketed, I was able to correct the Known Traveler Number through my AA account. Our names are still weird (first and middle smashed together - firstnamemiddlename Ms). I was able to add middle names in a the middle name box on the tickets. Reached out to AA customer service about the first name smash up and they told me it was fine because they see our middle names on the reservation. 

Really weird to me, but we have no choice other than to trust AA customer service. 

11 hours ago, PRMinx said:

Our names are still weird (first and middle smashed together - firstnamemiddlename Ms).

A usual situation with airline computer systems.  Nothing to worry about.

Happens with virtually all of my reservations - the boarding passes have that, but never had a problem.

16 hours ago, JodiandFrank said:

PRMinx   We have used FlightEase several times in recent years and I remember I was panicked the first time when our names were mushed together…but, it’s fine.  It really is.  

Thank you for the reassurance!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

A usual situation with airline computer systems.  Nothing to worry about.

Happens with virtually all of my reservations - the boarding passes have that, but never had a problem.

Thank you! We feel better knowing this!

Yes, I freaked out when I first experienced the name mash-up, and spent pointless time trying to separate them— to no avail!  But now I just ignore it and they always let me on the,plane anyway.  😄

On 3/4/2024 at 4:52 AM, alexandria said:

However, as far as pricing, I still recommend checking pricing on your desired flights booking direct before booking via Flight Ease.  When we booked our upcoming sailing on the Quest, we found that business class airfare booked on Flight Ease for our desired flights was significantly more than booked direct.  I just checked again and the pricing today for our round-trip flights booking on Flight Ease would be $4,100 pp where the same exact flights, dates, routings and class would be just $2,450 pp if booked direct.  In fairness, they do have other flights for our sailing that are less expensive booked via Flight Ease than if booked direct but those have more stops and are on less desirable aircraft for business class than those we selected. 

You are missing at least 2 positives using Flight Ease vs booking direct with the airlines.  First your airline bookings are likely non-refundable from day one while with flight ease fully refundable until final payment plus and a big plus in these days of itinerary changes plus with flight ease Seabourn has to make the required flight changes at no cost to you while with the non0refundable flights booked direct, those changes come out of your pocket.

Also with flight ease if you somehow miss your cruise, flight ease is responsible  to get you to the next port while with the airlines that is your issue and out of pocket.

Not only the initial price that makes the right decision.

28 minutes ago, rallydave said:

You are missing at least 2 positives using Flight Ease vs booking direct with the airlines.  First your airline bookings are likely non-refundable from day one while with flight ease fully refundable until final payment plus and a big plus in these days of itinerary changes plus with flight ease Seabourn has to make the required flight changes at no cost to you while with the non0refundable flights booked direct, those changes come out of your pocket.

Also with flight ease if you somehow miss your cruise, flight ease is responsible  to get you to the next port while with the airlines that is your issue and out of pocket.

Not only the initial price that makes the right decision.

You are assuming that a passenger making their own flight arrangements book non-refundable fares and that they lack comprehensive travel insurance.

Flight Ease is not responsible to get you to the next port unless your flight is delayed or canceled in which case they will rebook you on a flight to your next port of call.  A good comprehensive travel insurance policy provides the same protection.