10 hours ago, Harters said:

Do people still have cocktail parties? 

YES! I just hosted a cocktail party

and three people came…me, myself and I!🫢

We had Manhattans!

Edited by CGTNORMANDIE
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've never been much on coffee and only recently gotten into tea but love cocktails.

We've hosted maybe a half dozen  cocktail parties over the past decade and gone to others.  Some may have focused more on the appetizers vs the drinks but they definitely weren't dinner parties.  probably another dozen or two times just having the neighbors over for drinks alone.

• 1 month later...
On 3/13/2024 at 8:50 PM, CGTNORMANDIE said:

YES! I just hosted a cocktail party

and three people came…me, myself and I!🫢

We had Manhattans!

Hi CGT, haven't chatted with you in a long time.......how are you doing? I was in the hospital twice since the beginning the of the year😮......I had kidney stones........the Dr gave me a print out with the type of stone I had and food that is good for stones, some not so good and the "avoid and limit" these foods........seems some different seafoods are on the "limit them" list. 

Anyway, they got the stones out and I feel fine.

I don't like a Manhattan but would love to come to your cocktail party anyway😃

12 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi CGT, haven't chatted with you in a long time.......how are you doing? I was in the hospital twice since the beginning the of the year😮......I had kidney stones........the Dr gave me a print out with the type of stone I had and food that is good for stones, some not so good and the "avoid and limit" these foods........seems some different seafoods are on the "limit them" list. 

Anyway, they got the stones out and I feel fine.

I don't like a Manhattan but would love to come to your cocktail party anyway😃

Hi Lois, I’m just a week out from a three week stay in hospital.  I had septicemia from an infected catheter that went directly into my heart.  It was a close one…two more hours and I would have been cashing in my chips!  It took a week to clean up my blood and give me a new catheter for dialysis.  Then they found a GI bleed.  They tested me thoroughly but found nothing.  The septicemia and heavy antibiotics left me leg less.  I had to go to rehab for my third week.  I’m home for an entire ten days and I’m walking fine though sometimes with a cane.  So how was your April…LOL? 

Where are you cruising next???  

2 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Hi Lois, I’m just a week out from a three week stay in hospital.  I had septicemia from an infected catheter that went directly into my heart.  It was a close one…two more hours and I would have been cashing in my chips!  It took a week to clean up my blood and give me a new catheter for dialysis.  Then they found a GI bleed.  They tested me thoroughly but found nothing.  The septicemia and heavy antibiotics left me leg less.  I had to go to rehab for my third week.  I’m home for an entire ten days and I’m walking fine though sometimes with a cane.  So how was your April…LOL? 

Where are you cruising next???  

CGT, OMG.........sounds like you went through some really bad s***. I hope you are feeling better soon! And I am glad you are home!

My next cruise is at the end of this month.......going on Celebrity Eclipse to Bermuda. Sailing out of New Jersey. It is my first time back on Celebrity in 7 years😮I booked a Sky Suite, all the way aft......so a nice big balcony.  

14 hours ago, Lois R said:

CGT, OMG.........sounds like you went through some really bad s***. I hope you are feeling better soon! And I am glad you are home!

My next cruise is at the end of this month.......going on Celebrity Eclipse to Bermuda. Sailing out of New Jersey. It is my first time back on Celebrity in 7 years😮I booked a Sky Suite, all the way aft......so a nice big balcony.  

Thanks Lois, I’m about 99% at this point.  I’m feeling better every day.  Celebrity Eclipse in a SS!…SWEET!  Bermuda is best in late May.