How Will Labadee Hold Up?

1 minute ago, Red G said:

I've noticed that Celebrity has no scheduled ships visiting the Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale next summer.  When the new Caribbean schedule was announced months ago, I recall something about Reflection cruises for 2025-26 being released in February.  Any idea when or what can be expected in this regard?

They delayed them a few months and are now planned to be released next week. They have it listed as short Caribbean and the date range isn't quite accurate so I'm not sure what the ultimate plan is. We'll see soon.

49 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

They delayed them a few months and are now planned to be released next week. They have it listed as short Caribbean and the date range isn't quite accurate so I'm not sure what the ultimate plan is. We'll see soon.

Ugh... not liking the sound of that. Ft. Lauderdale is my favorite Port to sail out of but I won't take short cruises that are under a week.

12 hours ago, stevenr597 said:

The State Department has issued an alert for, of all places, Nassau, about crime.  

The Bahamas are a level 2.  Way below a Level 4 such as Haiti.  Other Level 4 countries are Libya, Iran, Iraq.

Germany is also a Level 2.  My personal comfort level is Level 2 and below.

On 3/20/2024 at 12:18 PM, Jeremiah1212 said:

Celebrity is not scheduled to call on Labadee until November. The only gauge you can get is to watch what Royal Caribbean does this fall. 

We're scheduled to go there on the Beyond on 11 Nov.  If Celebrity docks, we'll go ashore.  Last month we stopped in Nassau and some cruisers stayed on board due to the warnings.  To each their own. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2024 at 8:57 AM, stevenr597 said:

Sadly, the Caribbean is not as safe as it used to be. 

The Caribbean has a long, long, long history of violence, probably safer today than any point in history.

On 3/20/2024 at 1:02 PM, Red G said:

I've noticed that Celebrity has no scheduled ships visiting the Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale next summer.  When the new Caribbean schedule was announced months ago, I recall something about Reflection cruises for 2025-26 being released in February.  Any idea when or what can be expected in this regard?

I just looked and Reflection is out of Ft. Lauderdale and Beyond is out of Miami for next summer (2025).

1 hour ago, Tyler414 said:

The Caribbean has a long, long, long history of violence, probably safer today than any point in history.

The Caribbean in general, yes.  Haiti in particular, probably the worst in our lifetime

• 1 month later...