Anybody Try Morimoto?

8 minutes ago, knittinggirl said:

It's available on the Volendam.   I loaded it into the cart, but it doesn't look like they're giving me my 4* discount.

It's only available on one evening.

A quick search reveals several threads, including:

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, knittinggirl said:

It's available on the Volendam.   I loaded it into the cart, but it doesn't look like they're giving me my 4* discount.

It's only available on one evening.

No discounts for Mariners.

My meal on the Eurodam last month was not impressive for the price charged.  I posted my review on another thread.  With a discount, my preference for Asian meals will remain with the Tamarind.

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 2

I had the Morimoto lobster (surcharge) on a cruise.

that itself was enough to convince me not to bother with the dinner.  If they can’t cook a lobster without over breading and spicing it, I’m not interested.

• Like 1

We were on Rotterdam for 51 days. If I did not find something I liked on the menu, if would be lobster ordered. Here's a few pictures of Morimoto lobster,  Tamarind lobster, Pinnacle lobster, Canelletto lobster, and regular MDR lobster. 

20231129_174316.jpg

20231214_180402.jpg

20231223_173612.jpg

20240113_175251.jpg

20231230_175549.jpg

20231220_174810.jpg

20231208_181126.jpg

20231217_180822.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On the K'Dam last November I heard nothing but complaints from passengers who dined there about slow service and food quality.  It was enough for us to cancel our reservation later in the cruise.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

On the K'Dam last November I heard nothing but complaints from passengers who dined there about slow service and food quality.  It was enough for us to cancel our reservation later in the cruise.

This is an issue with pop-ups when everything shifts to unfamiliar operations for one evening per cruise.  The Nieuw Amsterdam full-time Morimoto may be much better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

We were on Rotterdam for 51 days. If I did not find something I liked on the menu, if would be lobster ordered. Here's a few pictures of Morimoto lobster,  Tamarind lobster, Pinnacle lobster, Canelletto lobster, and regular MDR lobster. 

20231129_174316.jpg

20231214_180402.jpg

20231223_173612.jpg

20240113_175251.jpg

20231230_175549.jpg

20231220_174810.jpg

20231208_181126.jpg

20231217_180822.jpg

Thanks for the pictures.

We will be on Nieuw Amsterdam in 2 weeks and Morimoto is now next to Tamarind, dinner fee is $55.00   - seems like Nami Sushi is now in the Morimoto restaurant and is a la carte pricing.  Don't really want his lobster - but heard raves about his ribs, shrimp and whole fish.  Have it booked so will let you all know

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, LoveRoughSeas said:

We will be on Nieuw Amsterdam in 2 weeks and Morimoto is now next to Tamarind, dinner fee is $55.00   - seems like Nami Sushi is now in the Morimoto restaurant and is a la carte pricing.  Don't really want his lobster - but heard raves about his ribs, shrimp and whole fish.  Have it booked so will let you all know

The $55 is before the 18% surcharge.  Actual charge is $64.90.

• Thanks 1

We loved it!  On the K'dam last January.  Did not have lobster but everything we ordered was delicious.  Restaurant was full and service was great.  No complaints here.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

@Seasick SailorDid any of the venues offer a much better lobster than the others? If you had to pick one, which one would it be? Thanks!

I'm almost embarrassed to show this lobster from Pinnacle. It looked like boiled cottage cheese. 

20240108_170454.thumb.jpg.80490811e3b710c6ea181257c87aaabe.jpg

I enjoyed the Morimoto. It depended on who prepared it. I liked the sauce. 

The lobster in Canelletto with pasta was prepared the best, and the butter sauce was delicious. I'd vote.... Canneletto!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just a heads up on the Nieuw Amsterdam.  It has a dedicated morimoto restaurant that takes up half of Tamarind and because they are sharing the same kitchen, they significantly reduced the Tamarind menu to make it easier for the kitchen to keep up.  I ended up not eating at Tamarind because all of my favorites were not available on this ship.  Not saying they aren't good options on the menu, just a lot less than the other ships.

20240303_190320.jpg

20240303_190325.jpg

• Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, jenp123 said:

Just a heads up on the Nieuw Amsterdam.  It has a dedicated morimoto restaurant that takes up half of Tamarind and because they are sharing the same kitchen, they significantly reduced the Tamarind menu to make it easier for the kitchen to keep up.  I ended up not eating at Tamarind because all of my favorites were not available on this ship.  Not saying they aren't good options on the menu, just a lot less than the other ships.

20240303_190320.jpg

20240303_190325.jpg

Thank you for this information. I was afraid of this shrinking of the menu when I saw the shorter one printed awhile ago, but everyone on the NA before now said the menu was the older one. Now we may have to cancel at least one of our rezes since some of my favorites are also missing....😒

Edited by PSR

Morimoto by Sea pop-up just appeared as a dining option when I checked my booking today, so I made a reservation.  It is offered twice on our 14 night Noordam cruise end of May. I assume it will be in Pinnacle because there are no timeslots available for Pinnacle on those nights (days 6 & 12).

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, QuattroRomeo said:

Morimoto by Sea pop-up just appeared as a dining option when I checked my booking today, so I made a reservation.  It is offered twice on our 14 night Noordam cruise end of May. I assume it will be in Pinnacle because there are no timeslots available for Pinnacle on those nights (days 6 & 12).

Wise call. I saw the same thing on the Rotterdam. Tamarind was not available on April 3rd.

Sure enough, Morimoto appeared as bookable. We were able to score a 7 pm slot. The 7 o'clock time filled rather quickly. Fortunately, there are quite a few other times available.

Morimoto is not covered by Have It All, so it probably won't fill up as fast.

Edited by POA1

3 hours ago, POA1 said:

Wise call. I saw the same thing on the Rotterdam. Tamarind was not available on April 3rd.

Sure enough, Morimoto appeared as bookable. We were able to score a 7 pm slot. The 7 o'clock time filled rather quickly. Fortunately, there are quite a few other times available.

Morimoto is not covered by Have It All, so it probably won't fill up as fast.

There aren't many specialty dining choices on Noordam so I thought adding Morimoto would make it more interesting! We had already booked our specialty reservations so I had to do some juggling to accommodate Morimoto, but fortunately caught it early enough to get timeslots we like for all. Plus a few Pinnacle lunches should round it out nicely.

I tried the surcharge Morimoto lobster and XO halibut on Rotterdam this past December and enjoyed both of them, so look forward to trying a full Morimoto menu. Any wine recommendations?? It will definitely be seafood! I will look forward to your own cruise commentary!