Hotel pre cruise stay before flight Birmingham

Hi, just wondering if you can help my brother and sister in law. They are flying out from Birmingham for a cruise and want to book a hotel the night before. They don't need parking at the hotel, just one that does transfers to the airport.

Does anyone know of any good hotels? They don't need to be really close to the airport so any that are about 5 miles away etc would be fine.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

PS Not sure if this is posted in the right place. If not, apologies

You have plenty in the area Ibis, Novotel, Hilton Garden Inn within a minute walk of the airport no need for transfers. Premier Inn a little further out not sure if they do transfers for a price even then they may only operate at certain times. If not taxi would be max £10 I would say. Hilton Metropole and Moxy not sure if they do transfers,max £10 in a taxi unless they let you have access through the NEC and take the Monorail which is free.

I have used Novotel several times and you can walk from the hotel to departures.  Used Crowne Plaza once for an event at NEC and they had an airport shuttle.  Both of those were nice quality hotels.

Hi apparently the hotels closest to the airport are full so they need to look further out and would like a transfer included or avaliable. Don't think the PremierInn ones do transfers?

47 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Hi apparently the hotels closest to the airport are full so they need to look further out and would like a transfer included or avaliable. Don't think the PremierInn ones do transfers?

We do not fly from Birmingham, so cannot help with specific hotels, but Holiday Extras advertise a number of hotels for airports, (both on airport and nearby), so perhaps worth looking at their website.  The on airport Premier inn at Manchester had a shuttle which left from nearby to the hotel and/or they and other near airport hotels often have arrangements with taxi companies to do shuttles to the terminal at a set price.  That may well happen at other airports.  It may be worth ringing the individual hotels as well, both to check prices and ask about transfer costs to.the airport.  Just a search for airport hotels for a specific airport will no doubt bring up options.  You could then check trip advisor reviews for likely contenders, those reviews for hotels near airports often mention transfers.

• Thanks 1

Many thanks. We have been looking as you sat. Ant ideas appreciated as we don't use Birmingham so it is all new to us as well 

• Like 1

Have been staying at the Hilton Metropole for many years since the Horse of the Year Show moved to the NEC.   I'm unsure about transfers to the airport (I arrive by train at International) but the hotel is clean, good breakfast, great swimming pool.   Joining Hilton Hhonors usually takes a bit off the price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Check reviews on trip advisor. Most hotels in Birmingham will not offer transfer you will need to book a taxi. 
Is it an early morning flight, if you need the monorail it does not start until around 3.30am

• Thanks 1

I would try the Premier Inn in Solihull its a 15 minute  ride to the airport and taxis are readily available either uber or bolt to name a couple, or ask at reception and they will book one for you.

• Thanks 1

As has been said easy to get from Birmingham New Street Station to Birmingham International Station then 2 minutes on free monorail to inside the airport. Alternatively check out hotels in Solihull which is only a short taxi ride away. Also Greswolde Arms in Knowle a village just outside Solihull. ( Always in top places to live in UK) 

• Thanks 1

The Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport - NEC at the freight entrance to the airport on the Coventry Road does a free shuttle to Birmingham International Station from where they could get the free monorail to the airport.

• Thanks 1

We are staying in the holiday inn express NEC. Got a room, breakfast and parking package. However i understand you dont need the parking but i have stayed at that hotel before and people have uber car shared to airport. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone. They have struggled to find availability but have found the newly refurbished Travelodge about 2 miles out from the airport.  Hopefully will be good.

• Like 1